487 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:29 am

exmatproton wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:24 am
SLiC wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:25 am
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:50 am
So pretty please enlighten me, is Phase Plant worth investing in and spending months of work in designing new sounds?
Personally, I gave it a good demo but really didn't see what the fuss was about. If you want a complex beast, UVI Falcon has it beat in just about every department for me (more synthesis types, better sampler/granular, far more and better sounding fx, much better and more interesting filters, more flexible modulation possibilities etc...) and costs less!

I seem to end up buying most things eventually with no brainer sales etc, but really had no interest at all with this one.
I have falcon and i can't send the filter output to a new osc there. Or send the wavetable output to the poly-filter to modulate the resonance. Or send the output of 1 sampleplayer to the other sampleplayers to modulate the output volume...

Great stuff in Phaseplant.
Flexible routing is definitely one of its strengths!
Always Read the Manual!

exmatproton
KVRAF
2585 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:37 am

PieBerger wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:29 am
exmatproton wrote:
SLiC wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
So pretty please enlighten me, is Phase Plant worth investing in and spending months of work in designing new sounds?
Personally, I gave it a good demo but really didn't see what the fuss was about. If you want a complex beast, UVI Falcon has it beat in just about every department for me (more synthesis types, better sampler/granular, far more and better sounding fx, much better and more interesting filters, more flexible modulation possibilities etc...) and costs less!

I seem to end up buying most things eventually with no brainer sales etc, but really had no interest at all with this one.
I have falcon and i can't send the filter output to a new osc there. Or send the wavetable output to the poly-filter to modulate the resonance. Or send the output of 1 sampleplayer to the other sampleplayers to modulate the output volume...

Flexible routing is definitely one of its strengths!
indeed. It is quite amazing how easy it is to make extensive and complex modulation routings which aren't possible in many synths, Falcon included. Still love Falcon though, but for completely other reasons ;)

SLiC
KVRAF
4010 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:04 am

exmatproton wrote:
SLiC wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

All this is of course true, but I personally didn't find any use for it and I didn't (at the time) hear any presets that sounded particularly impressive that used these types of routings. Maybe things have moved on since I demoed (on release), but I haven't heard anything so far from PP that makes me wasnt to invest in it and learn another complex modular environment....its expensive with all of the fx and I don't like the model of paying for more blocks as they come out (or even worse subscription!). Last thing I need is another eco-system to feed!
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS V3, StudioOne 4, Cubase 10, Live 9 suite, X32 Desk. , DM12, Odyssey, P8, Virus TI, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

PieBerger
KVRist
487 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:13 am

SLiC wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:04 am
exmatproton wrote:
SLiC wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

All this is of course true, but I personally didn't find any use for it and I didn't (at the time) hear any presets that sounded particularly impressive that used these types of routings. Maybe things have moved on since I demoed (on release), but I haven't heard anything so far from PP that makes me wasnt to invest in it and learn another complex modular environment....its expensive with all of the fx and I don't like the model of paying for more blocks as they come out (or even worse subscription!). Last thing I need is another eco-system to feed!
The sub plan is one of the better ones out there though, you get 80% back of what you pay in every 12 months, not that I'm trying to convince you to get onboard, I'm just remarking that it's a good scheme and I wish more devs would offer something similar. I would definitely be more interested in Falcon for example, if UVI had a rent to own or rebate-sub plan for it.
Always Read the Manual!

collider
KVRist
128 posts since 14 Jun, 2018

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:06 am

SLiC wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
This. This. This. This.

StuSmith
KVRer
15 posts since 3 Aug, 2015

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:37 pm

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Yes! I get the feeling that preset packs are gonna get pretty huge with Phase Plant... especially as they're so easy to share and you don't need to have all the effects for them to work. Seen one or two pop up already.

What kinda genre would you want to create patches for?

Return to “Instruments”