Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

exmatproton wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:24 am
SLiC wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:25 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:50 pm So pretty please enlighten me, is Phase Plant worth investing in and spending months of work in designing new sounds?
Personally, I gave it a good demo but really didn't see what the fuss was about. If you want a complex beast, UVI Falcon has it beat in just about every department for me (more synthesis types, better sampler/granular, far more and better sounding fx, much better and more interesting filters, more flexible modulation possibilities etc...) and costs less!

I seem to end up buying most things eventually with no brainer sales etc, but really had no interest at all with this one.
I have falcon and i can't send the filter output to a new osc there. Or send the wavetable output to the poly-filter to modulate the resonance. Or send the output of 1 sampleplayer to the other sampleplayers to modulate the output volume...

Great stuff in Phaseplant.
Flexible routing is definitely one of its strengths!
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:29 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:50 pm So pretty please enlighten me, is Phase Plant worth investing in and spending months of work in designing new sounds?
Personally, I gave it a good demo but really didn't see what the fuss was about. If you want a complex beast, UVI Falcon has it beat in just about every department for me (more synthesis types, better sampler/granular, far more and better sounding fx, much better and more interesting filters, more flexible modulation possibilities etc...) and costs less!

I seem to end up buying most things eventually with no brainer sales etc, but really had no interest at all with this one.
I have falcon and i can't send the filter output to a new osc there. Or send the wavetable output to the poly-filter to modulate the resonance. Or send the output of 1 sampleplayer to the other sampleplayers to modulate the output volume...

Flexible routing is definitely one of its strengths!
indeed. It is quite amazing how easy it is to make extensive and complex modulation routings which aren't possible in many synths, Falcon included. Still love Falcon though, but for completely other reasons ;)

All this is of course true, but I personally didn't find any use for it and I didn't (at the time) hear any presets that sounded particularly impressive that used these types of routings. Maybe things have moved on since I demoed (on release), but I haven't heard anything so far from PP that makes me wasnt to invest in it and learn another complex modular environment....its expensive with all of the fx and I don't like the model of paying for more blocks as they come out (or even worse subscription!). Last thing I need is another eco-system to feed!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:04 pm

All this is of course true, but I personally didn't find any use for it and I didn't (at the time) hear any presets that sounded particularly impressive that used these types of routings. Maybe things have moved on since I demoed (on release), but I haven't heard anything so far from PP that makes me wasnt to invest in it and learn another complex modular environment....its expensive with all of the fx and I don't like the model of paying for more blocks as they come out (or even worse subscription!). Last thing I need is another eco-system to feed!
The sub plan is one of the better ones out there though, you get 80% back of what you pay in every 12 months, not that I'm trying to convince you to get onboard, I'm just remarking that it's a good scheme and I wish more devs would offer something similar. I would definitely be more interested in Falcon for example, if UVI had a rent to own or rebate-sub plan for it.
Always Read the Manual!

This. This. This. This.

Yes! I get the feeling that preset packs are gonna get pretty huge with Phase Plant... especially as they're so easy to share and you don't need to have all the effects for them to work. Seen one or two pop up already.

What kinda genre would you want to create patches for?

Kilohearts have announced their Black Friday sale, for anyone who was waiting...

$200 off Toolbox Ultimate (everything) and $150 off Phase Plant with Toolbox Professional.

[EDIT: Log in if you already have any of their plugins because they will reduce your upgrade price to either bundle even more]

https://kilohearts.com/

8)

StuSmith wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:08 pm Kilohearts have announced their Black Friday sale, for anyone who was waiting...

$200 off Toolbox Ultimate (everything) and $150 off Phase Plant with Toolbox Professional.

[EDIT: Log in if you already have any of their plugins because they will reduce your upgrade price to either bundle even more]

https://kilohearts.com/

8)
Weird, it's showing me 82.67 Euros for the professional vs 118 for the starter

for me it's 83€. Will other new devices that follow will be free if you have the professional ?

sacer wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:48 am for me it's 83€. Will other new devices that follow will be free if you have the professional ?
That hasn’t been the case so far with the snap-ins.

Weird, it's showing me 82.67 Euros for the professional vs 118 for the starter
I guess because Pro is on sale, not Starter?

sacer wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:48 am for me it's 83€. Will other new devices that follow will be free if you have the professional ?
Usually you get an 'upgrade' discount to add new FX to your collection. These are all new bundles though since Phase Plant came out... none of them say future releases are included so I'd assume not.

Still way too expensive. It needs to be under $100 on sale.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

FYI, Phase Plant is the synth being used for this month's One Synth Challenge, for anyone who fancies their chances at winning some nice gear.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=535629

I just bought phaseplant through plugin boutique, pretty bummed because most of the serial numbers didn't show up for some reason. If anyone can help me with this please let me know. It didn't include a serial for phaseplant either
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Return to “Instruments”