Soundspot Union Wavetable Synth out today

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, I think I got it. Each oscillator has got its own filter. That's very cool, but there should be a way to link all the filters together. I'm not the kind of guy who likes to tweak that much, I'm more straightfoward about synths. Hope they're listening.
Aside from that, it sounds very good.

Yeah, I don't like that arrangement much, either, but at least it's a bit different to all my other synths which might result in some new sounds?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

It's true, it's a very cool concept with a lot of potencial nonetheless. It just needs a filter link option, for a more practical workflow.

Yeah it's cheap alright...

This thing is too basic. It might be good for people just starting out or for those who want to add just one more synth to their arsenal, but for me it's lacking too many things and the sound is just okay.

What does that even mean? I'd suggest that the better you are at what you do, the more you'll be able to get out of a basic synth. e.g. An experienced user will have a lot less trouble overcoming the lack of velocity modulation in Union than "people just starting out" will. I'll take a less complicated synth over a more complicated one, given equivalent sound quality, every single time. I don't need 8 envelopes and 10 LFOs to make good sounds for the style of music we do, and I'll guarantee it's the same for the vast majority of genres, and it actually annoys the shit out of me to have to deal with that krap just so a handful of people who never do anything can have fun exploring a new toy.

Union seems to have all the ingredients I need with a gorgeous UI that looks like it provides a decent workflow. And some of the features are things I do not have in any of my other VSTi, like the fully customisable LFO waveforms.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:42 am And some of the features are things I do not have in any of my other VSTi, like the fully customisable LFO waveforms.
mseg :wink:

Way too modern gui for me.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

BONES wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:42 am An experienced user will have a lot less trouble overcoming the lack of velocity modulation in Union than "people just starting out" will.
Unless they're desperate to recreate the feel of an oldskool PPG, most experienced users are just going to pick a synth that has velocity response (and the PPGs at least responded to aftertouch) unless the sound quality is way better than existing alternatives - which doesn't seem to be the case here.

With most wavetable synths you can fake the per-osc filtering thing anyway for many real-world uses. And for those situations where it just cut it, there's layering.

I had a look at this for six quid but came to the conclusion that there are other options already installed that would do the job.

Hopefully the creators will implement some updates with some improvements like saw detune, assigning different mod sources to features like fine tuning. Also the idea of making own Waveforms And then create wavetable would be awesome. Anyone know if soundspot is on this forum?

i was thinking to start such topic,been heavily addicted to discounted synths and with no big expectation about 7-8 euro synth,this may be very happy purchase,wavetable synth instead of second coffee,why not :):):)
Cheerz :):):)

Well, I'm going to wait a few more days to see what freebie is available at Plugin Boutique. Nice GUI.

OddPhase wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:47 am Well, I'm going to wait a few more days to see what freebie is available at Plugin Boutique. Nice GUI.
I was thinking the same thing. Not to keen on the sample pack or whatever they're offering now, but some months, the freebie is actually better than whatever SoundSpot or WA plugin you buy for ~$5 to qualify...

Bought it without demoing. Seems nice and if it isn't, I'll just forget it.

Typical Soundspot plugin, snazzy GUI but comes with bizarre omissions and odd/annoying workflow choices. CPU hog. Basic sound is ok. Overall it feels cheap and not worth buying at any price.

Not always cheap mean garbage,it could be strategy to make some brand popular or something...will test it soon definitely,even if it's first and last usaga of it,just to write an opinion hehehehere :)Cheerz :)

Return to “Instruments”