Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Element

Neat offering.

https://kushview.net/

Neat indeed. :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Really glad I didn't buy this in their last sale now

Probably worth including this blurb from the web page.
Element is free as in “Free speech”, not free as in “Free beer”. It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to maintain a large project and write the code. If you want to see bigger releases and features rolled out faster, consider offering a donation or becoming a sponsor on Patreon.

I'm at work and can't watch the videos now but - from the description - I can't really say what it does? Is it for helping create live performance? Is it a plugin "host" like Patcher, SigMod, Live's Rack or Bitwig's Layer? Or is it a MIDI controller scripting engine? Or all of the above? :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:23 am I'm at work and can't watch the videos now but - from the description - I can't really say what it does? Is it for helping create live performance? Is it a plugin "host" like Patcher, SigMod, Live's Rack or Bitwig's Layer? Or is it a MIDI controller scripting engine? Or all of the above? :)
Mostly this. Modular meta-host (ie also works as a plugin), with some stuff some of the others dont have. I picked it up to use inside ProTools because Bidule doesnt.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:46 pmMostly this. Modular meta-host (ie also works as a plugin), with some stuff some of the others dont have. I picked it up to use inside ProTools because Bidule doesnt.
:tu: Thanks
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Can you use this to add a wet/dry control to plugins that don't have one?

Local Man wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:31 am Can you use this to add a wet/dry control to plugins that don't have one?
Yes, super easy too.

Local Man wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:31 am Can you use this to add a wet/dry control to plugins that don't have one?
I'm still baffled that there are so many DAWs that don't have this as basic functionality :o
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

keyxmusic wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:11 am
Yes, super easy too.
Awesome, thanks!

crimsonwarlock wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:18 am
I'm still baffled that there are so many DAWs that don't have this as basic functionality :o
Yeah, I know Reaper has it, I'd assume Bitwig as well? I'm not sure what other DAWs have it though.
Anyway, all that matters for me is that Logic sure doesn't unfortunately.

Hello Kush!
I just booted this for the first time.
This is based on JUCE Plugin Host
Can u guys get the option for # of ins and outs working?
This would be a cool feature, it's so hard to use say Reaktor or Reason coz of all the trillions of in/outs

Thanks so much! It rocks- I have multi channel plugs working without much fuss

crimsonwarlock wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:18 am
Agreed. I'd like to know which DAWs don't have this in 2019 so I can be sure to steer clear of them!

kushview wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:30 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:00 pm ...
am a little confused about what the current situation means. Is the GitHub version the full-PRO experience? Is it open for other contributors, and to what extent are you going to still remain involved. My main concern is whether it will keep being maintained, at least as concerns OS compatibility (As a MacOS user it is important for me to not get too 'invested' in a project that might just disappear for Mac users because of the hassles of maintaining OS compatibility).
The github version indeed is the full version. I certainly will keep the project maintained and involved as the creator/lead dev. I do most of my work on a Mac, so no worries there. Element is advertised as Mac / PC support and will keep both up to date. Full Linux/LV2/Jack support is also on the way and shall not be ignored too.
Great! Just started using it. Manual is a bit scant, so not sure if it's me missing things, or if it's the plugin. Will keep exploring.

Intend to set up a Patreon at some point in November. I can't commit to much, but will try to work out a way of reaching the cost of a perpetual license. Would Patreon be the place to talk about feature requests?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”