Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HM wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 am
fairlyclose wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:33 am what i am more and more liking is companies that have a fair price all the time, allow resale, and dont have crazy sales where the prices seem like some random insult to the people who bought it at say the intro price never to be lower blah blah blah
Trouth :tu:
Yes, I’d like to pay € 512 for the EWQL Symphony Gold, in stead of € 177.
The damn product and its value is inflated!

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:35 am
HM wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 am
fairlyclose wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:33 am what i am more and more liking is companies that have a fair price all the time, allow resale, and dont have crazy sales where the prices seem like some random insult to the people who bought it at say the intro price never to be lower blah blah blah
Trouth :tu:
Yes, I’d like to pay € 512 for the EWQL Symphony Gold, in stead of € 177.
The damn product and its value is inflated!
LOL ,.. everything with common sense :-)

Some companyes can make good offers, and still keep their dignety on an acceptable level,.. I could mention Eventide, Melda, Lexicon, Digital Sound Factory,........

Yes, they go down half price often, but not so much cirkus, and not so much shadyness, just pruducts with proven substance,..

I mean, look at IK, they even almost made their own valuta/currency, rewards to no use, and let people pay to download once again what they already did pay for

PA ,... total crazyness ,... now they send out mails claiming that customers abused them, insteadt of looking in the mirror,...

Besides the hole lack of substance, there is lack of documentation as well, take BX_Delay f.eks. ,... they try to make it appear as if it was "pro" and "unique" ,... and there is not even a small manual available,..

Guess that 90 pct deal was still 10 pct to much
HM

I like Indiginus, they have a small sale at intro or a product, but then never again (at least I've not seen any) and their prices are reasonable.

Not that I am buying this, but it is sounding awesome to my ears.

https://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-synth/px-p10.html

Is Waves Infected Mushroom Pusher worth it - for $25?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:49 pm Not that I am buying this, but it is sounding awesome to my ears.

I'm a sucker for poly Prophet sounds. Already got Repro-5 and Arturia's V5, but I'd clicked to buy this within 5 minutes of getting the email from UVI.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I guess people could demonstrate their disdain for their sales with their wallets. Every time you see a heavily discounted plugin, wait until the sale ends and ONLY buy it when it comes back to full price...that'll learn 'em! 8)

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:21 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:49 pm Not that I am buying this, but it is sounding awesome to my ears.

I'm a sucker for poly Prophet sounds. Already got Repro-5 and Arturia's V5, but I'd clicked to buy this within 5 minutes of getting the email from UVI.
:tu: Once you get some time, do let us know your view on how it compares to Prophet V from Arturia. I don't have Repro-5 anymore.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:29 pm I guess people could demonstrate their disdain for their sales with their wallets. Every time you see a heavily discounted plugin, wait until the sale ends and ONLY buy it when it comes back to full price...that'll learn 'em! 8)
Agree, but easier said than done for most people, as I for one would not have purchased the stuff I have if it was not discounted. They know that and hence the frequent sales. :(

koolkeys wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 am How does HO still hold up? It would be a luxury purchase, but I love having complete orchestras that fit together for different pieces.
FWIW, they intended for it to be their final orchestra library, meaning they wouldn't ever need to make another one because it is perfect. I am not discerning enough about this stuff to say if it is true or not, I just know that this was their intention when making it.
Anyone know of any coupons for Everyplugin at the moment to add on top of their member pricing? Yeah, it's already priced low, but hey, can't hurt to ask! I believe JRR has the lowest coupon added by default (groupbuyauto), but I'm open to others if they are available :-)
We have it for $223 when you use the "Group" coupon code. Also, I can send you my Synthestra Vol.1 sample set for free when you buy it, just PM me after:

https://www.jrrshop.com/eastwest-hollyw ... ld-edition

https://www.jrrshop.com/jrr-sounds-synthestra-1

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:37 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:21 pm

:tu: Once you get some time, do let us know your view on how it compares to Prophet V from Arturia. I don't have Repro-5 anymore.
Well it's samples-based so a better comparison is with the Pro-V in IK's Syntronik package. First impressions are it can sound flipping huge and it's great to get those sounds without concomitant CPU spikes.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

HM wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:41 am
mgw38 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:05 am I’m not complaining. My point was that I have quite a bit of APD cash just sitting there without any useful purpose.
Deffinately true

Became customer of APD due to the Octavox giveaway, and saw many good deals through the years

A good deal is a good deal

Got 20 bucks award, and 20 bucks more, so used two hours to plow through their shop,..

I would gladly spend money and achieve "rewards", like the Sampletekk Black and White, but the shop contend are just plain useless, or with to high "base price", like Realivox Blue to 80 bucks, not that its extremely expensive, but its also not a big deal, for this kind of software, dating back to 2013-14, from a compagny I have never heard about before, (but they MIGHT be OK obviously),..

Guess a good price on something like Realivox Blue would more be more like 30-40 bucks, at most

Plenty of good deals with actual substance elsewhere, especially now at BF time

I guess I will never spend time to study their shop-"deals" once again

But the main-deals, maybe, only maybe

Yes Native Instrument coupons, and IK's shady universe, plus Plugin Alliance is simular,..

I unsubscribed all, the cirkus from Waves as well, where the customers are the clowns

Guess I should have been smarter not using time on the APD shop, my mistake,..
Realivox Blue is really good if you need a solo female singer. As compared to other vocal VI's. Mike Green - the creator - has a video on how to make it sound good that actually works for a lot of the choir libraries. I don't think I have seen it at a lower price. Whether or not it is worth it to you is another matter.

As mgw38 says, the biggest problem with most of these where that they are former deals. However, if you missed a deal or didn't see a use for it at the time but now do, they are worth it. I've picked up a couple things from the store, including some Frozen Plain, I want to say emotional Cello? and something from Audifier? And the temple drums from Soundiron. I think I had most of whatever package that one was in.

But overall, I agree. There isn't much in there right now that I want. Hopefully something will come. I don't really care. I buy from APD when they have something on sale that I like. The prices are good. Same with VSTBuzz. The shop dollars are like the coupons I get at the grocery store with purchase. I never really use them before they expire, so they aren't a benefit as far as I'm concerned.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:43 pm
koolkeys wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 am How does HO still hold up? It would be a luxury purchase, but I love having complete orchestras that fit together for different pieces.
FWIW, they intended for it to be their final orchestra library, meaning they wouldn't ever need to make another one because it is perfect. I am not discerning enough about this stuff to say if it is true or not, I just know that this was their intention when making it.
Anyone know of any coupons for Everyplugin at the moment to add on top of their member pricing? Yeah, it's already priced low, but hey, can't hurt to ask! I believe JRR has the lowest coupon added by default (groupbuyauto), but I'm open to others if they are available :-)
We have it for $223 when you use the "Group" coupon code. Also, I can send you my Synthestra Vol.1 sample set for free when you buy it, just PM me after:

https://www.jrrshop.com/eastwest-hollyw ... ld-edition

https://www.jrrshop.com/jrr-sounds-synthestra-1
Thanks Eric! Really, the price is close enough I'd probably buy from you anyways since I like supporting the 'locals' haha.

Right now, my dilemma is just deciding whether to buy the orchestra and Spaces 2, or signing up for the Composer Cloud, since it would take me around 18 months to pay the same money as the sale prices, and I would get everything. But there is something to be said about 'owning' a library too. So that's where I'm stuck, lol.

It appears that SoundsOnline won't be having much of a Black Friday sale this year since the current discounts go to the end of the month, and their Composer Cloud pricing is already as low as last year's BF pricing (and their chat rep told me they aren't aware of any price changes for cloud for the rest of the year, but who knows).

I don't NEED any of it, lol. But I sure would like to HAVE it! So if I do buy, it will be from you ;-)

Brent
My host is better than your host

jacqueslacouth wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:29 pm I guess people could demonstrate their disdain for their sales with their wallets. Every time you see a heavily discounted plugin, wait until the sale ends and ONLY buy it when it comes back to full price...that'll learn 'em! 8)
It's like this in any industry.

dzilizzi wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 pm
HM wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:41 am
mgw38 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:05 am I’m not complaining. My point was that I have quite a bit of APD cash just sitting there without any useful purpose.
Deffinately true

Became customer of APD due to the Octavox giveaway, and saw many good deals through the years

A good deal is a good deal

Got 20 bucks award, and 20 bucks more, so used two hours to plow through their shop,..

I would gladly spend money and achieve "rewards", like the Sampletekk Black and White, but the shop contend are just plain useless, or with to high "base price", like Realivox Blue to 80 bucks, not that its extremely expensive, but its also not a big deal, for this kind of software, dating back to 2013-14, from a compagny I have never heard about before, (but they MIGHT be OK obviously),..

Guess a good price on something like Realivox Blue would more be more like 30-40 bucks, at most

Plenty of good deals with actual substance elsewhere, especially now at BF time

I guess I will never spend time to study their shop-"deals" once again

But the main-deals, maybe, only maybe

Yes Native Instrument coupons, and IK's shady universe, plus Plugin Alliance is simular,..

I unsubscribed all, the cirkus from Waves as well, where the customers are the clowns

Guess I should have been smarter not using time on the APD shop, my mistake,..
Realivox Blue is really good if you need a solo female singer. As compared to other vocal VI's. Mike Green - the creator - has a video on how to make it sound good that actually works for a lot of the choir libraries. I don't think I have seen it at a lower price. Whether or not it is worth it to you is another matter.
Yes, thanks, very impressing, and yes, in justice I must say that it seems the price have not been under 100$ anywhere since the deal, so 80$ is not a bad base-price,..
HM

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”