The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

ProfessionalTom wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:56 am What's the instrument from 0:42 to 0:42 then the same from 0:50 to 0:52. Sounds like a crying violin or something. Is it a synth?
That's Realivox Ladies singing "Mmm"

Sounds interesting. Thanks.
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

3rd track from my upcoming CD "Chroma"

The opening riff on this one was derived from "Tie A Yellow Ribbon" by Tony Orlando & Dawn. Hard to believe.

The song itself is a total piss in prog rock. Personally, one of the more interesting things I've done. If I asked somebody to listen to just one track of my music, this would be it. As good, bad or ridiculous as this sounds, it is exactly what I was going for. You really don't want to miss this one.

Yellow Sun

And so I sit on the hot sand
You beating down
My skin is pealing like taters
I start to frown
You know that I don't want you round
Why don't you go back to your town

Oh yellow sun you're a demon
You make me sweat like a pig
You're worse than listening to hip hop
I just don't dig
Oh yellow sun you're a devil
You make me burn like a roast
You're only good in the winter
To make my toast

My car is just like an oven
I get no relief
Even walking a block to the drug store
All I get is grief

I try to open the windows
They're all fried shut
Can't even have sex to cool off
You burn my nut

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Verse 1

Well I've just had it with you boy
You can burn in hell
If you went out in a nova
It's just as well

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental To End

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/yellow-sun

wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:48 am You're worse than listening to hip hop
Lol...
Half the time I visit your thread just to look at the lyrics !

Bansaw wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:56 am
wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:48 am You're worse than listening to hip hop
Lol...
Half the time I visit your thread just to look at the lyrics !
Any comments on the track?

Its OK. There's some 70s bands influence in there. The instrumental is a very good idea, - echos of ELO or Beatles. I'm not sure its executed as well as it could have been. The last two chords of it were clever though.
The final instrumental was also a clever play between minor and major, and was somewhat better executed.
imho.

Bansaw wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:25 pm Its OK. There's some 70s bands influence in there. The instrumental is a very good idea, - echos of ELO or Beatles. I'm not sure its executed as well as it could have been. The last two chords of it were clever though.
The final instrumental was also a clever play between minor and major, and was somewhat better executed.
imho.
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated.

4th track from my upcoming CD "Chroma"

This one was derived from the song "Red Roses For A Blue Lady" recorded by many artists. If you're familiar with it, you will not the derivation sounds nothing like it. The opening riff is from the main theme of the song after applying chromatic harmony.

Red Rose Gal

She smells like a spring time day
She tastes just like chardonnay
She moves like a graceful swan
My love it goes on and on

I'm so lucky to have her with me
Oh she's just a joy to see
She's my dream
My coffee's cream
She's not just a pal
She's my red rose gal

She looks like a priceless pearl
She's like no one in the world
She makes me the happy one
It's bliss when the day is done

Repeat Chorus

And when the day it comes to an end
I say goodnight to my best friend

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/red-rose-gal

"Yellow Sun" is very original and fun. I think the song would have benefited from a little more time spent polishing the lyrics and arrangement but the quality is very high given the furious pace you are cranking these out.

Frantz wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:42 pm "Yellow Sun" is very original and fun. I think the song would have benefited from a little more time spent polishing the lyrics and arrangement but the quality is very high given the furious pace you are cranking these out.
These are pretty much sketches Frantz. If I spent the time I should spend on every song, nothing would ever get finished.

Anyway, glad you liked it for what it is. Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

wagtunes,
Thank you for the review and defending me a bit! Now I'm listening to "Red Roses". Not sure what percentage of the melodies you wrote with this, though the melodies are very nice. Audio quality is very good. I dig on the piano tones and string sounds. Your vocals are pretty good, some of your better singing is on this song. Nothing really to complain about. Nice song and recording! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

wagtunes,
The description of 'Yellow Sun' sounded intriguing, so I'm reviewing it also. The piano and lead guitar minded me of Queen a bit (a compliment). Did you use the IK Brian May on any of the guitar? Nice song and recording. Am I correct you have some humor baked into the lyrics on this one? I feel the highlight of the song is around 5:40, sounds quite nice in that region. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:45 am wagtunes,
Thank you for the review and defending me a bit! Now I'm listening to "Red Roses". Not sure what percentage of the melodies you wrote with this, though the melodies are very nice. Audio quality is very good. I dig on the piano tones and string sounds. Your vocals are pretty good, some of your better singing is on this song. Nothing really to complain about. Nice song and recording! :)
Thanks for the listen and feedback Aaron. To answer your question, the whole song was written by me.

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:03 am wagtunes,
The description of 'Yellow Sun' sounded intriguing, so I'm reviewing it also. The piano and lead guitar minded me of Queen a bit (a compliment). Did you use the IK Brian May on any of the guitar? Nice song and recording. Am I correct you have some humor baked into the lyrics on this one? I feel the highlight of the song is around 5:40, sounds quite nice in that region. :)
This was a pleasant surprise. To answer your question, actually, I didn't use the Brian May Collection on this one. But it does sound a bit like it. As for the lyrics, yes, it was meant to be funny. Hope it was. LOL. Thanks for the listen and feedback as always.

Red Rose Gal
Nice song. Well done recording. Good sounds and balance on mix. Great job

Return to “Music Cafe”