ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:36 am
Can you not see why us long term users feel aggrieved at your decision to charge more for the upgrade which essentially kills any loyalty to your product?
You bought it. You were using it for years. What is your problem now? You can't stand that someone will get it cheaper?
Correct :clown:

samsam wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:23 pmIt is great and you mis-judge it after admitting elsewhere you know nothing about it.

Solid argument, very worthwhile posts.
well if they pointed out that they improved the synthesis engine in their events, then maybe I'd know more about it, else I just now it has 14000 presets now, as opposed to its original release when it had 3000 and was a rompler.

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:14 am
Loudness_Contour wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:07 pm This is the most interesting "feature":

"Our own online activation; no eLicenser or other 3rd party software required
Two activations at the same time per NEXUS3 license"

Can't count the time I forgot to bring my eLicenser when working on my laptop.
Well this IS interesting (in case people are wondering, this is new info added on the ReFx N3 product page). With all the hoopla of Avenger moving away from just such a system due to piracy (albeit with 3 activations), why now would ReFx move in the other direction?! It can’t be Codemeter as this is third party software.

Personally I’m very happy with this, but I don’t understand it at all.
oooh. time to sell my second license.
I had to have bought two, one for my mac one for my pc.
rsp
sound sculptist

msvs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 am then its your lucky day: Nexus 3 won't use the elicenser dongle any more. And you have 2 activations
Great news. (well the 2 activations :)),
I assume "Fully backwards compatible with Nexus1 and Nexus2" means once installed it will automatically replace Nexus 2 (and 1) in older projects? Or does one still have to have both Nexus 2 and 3 installed.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:57 pm
msvs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 am then its your lucky day: Nexus 3 won't use the elicenser dongle any more. And you have 2 activations
Great news. (well the 2 activations :)),
I assume "Fully backwards compatible with Nexus1 and Nexus2" means once installed it will automatically replace Nexus 2 (and 1) in older projects? Or does one still have to have both Nexus 2 and 3 installed.
rsp
One of the best questions in the thread, a real actual important one. This is what I'm waiting to see. Perhaps the content will remain 1 instance of each but 2 installed vsts, which we can then replace in projects. Hopefully it will be the 1 VST. I'm currently stripping my systems of everything, getting rid of previous izotope, VS etc, I wouldn't want 2 of the same.

Michael did mention all the packs would be backwards compatible but that was while ago when I brought up my sync issues.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

So $3,440 for 117 GB of sample content more than the Starter package..........Alrighty then. :tu:

Nexus.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ploki wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:53 pm
samsam wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:23 pmIt is great and you mis-judge it after admitting elsewhere you know nothing about it.

Solid argument, very worthwhile posts.
well if they pointed out that they improved the synthesis engine in their events, then maybe I'd know more about it, else I just now it has 14000 presets now, as opposed to its original release when it had 3000 and was a rompler.
Wasn't then, isn't now.

Great news about no dongle for N3, hard to dislike that.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:19 pm So $3,440 for 117 GB of sample content more than the Starter package..........Alrighty then. :tu:

Nexus.png

$3689.99 sounds like black friday 80% off deal to me.... :party:

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:19 pm So $3,440 for 117 GB of sample content more than the Starter package..........Alrighty then. :tu:
Wow... That's a lot of dosh! I'm trying to think what that would get you in terms of samples from something like NI or equivalent.

For the cash you could get Omni and have loads to spare (which is also a great synth). Not to mention that you'd get a beast of a HW synth for that type of cash.

I guess if I ever went the Nexus rout I'd only ever really want a few expansion packs anyway. No way would I ever spend over 3k on samples.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

good new, nexus would be very usefull for my notebook, because it doesn't need so much power as synths, but I never used it with my notebook, because it's not comfortable to switch the dongle, you have not enough usb inputs if u use other controllers and you are always afraid to lose or broke the dongle.

Nice Decision :)

docbot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:45 pm ...gimmeee.....
People who use this phrase are probably responsible for 90% of all the shite posted on all the forums in the world. Self centred and self entitled
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I hope they got rid of the SQ system. Not only is it pita to search through them to finally find the 1 interesting sound layer, it often has effects on it that can't be deactivated. And opening up 10 Nexus just to have the 1 tiny layer of some SQ presets in it is a waste.

I'm also curious how many of the deprecated expansions (the ones that I had to buy back then) are now freely available (like recent ones that were christmas presents). Also what happens to my nexus2 license on the dongle? Would it become a 3rd license or is part of the 2? Or will it just become useless?

I'm looking forward to more exciting and varying expansion content. Yes, having the 1000th supersaw multiple times with variations in a xp isn't great or useful.

Biggest question: when will I ever be able to change my email address or password (!) in a refx account?

Whenever a '' HOw do I make that sound ' thread pops up , you can be sure it's a nexus user
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

KenjiDeVries wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:25 pm Biggest question: when will I ever be able to change my email address or password (!) in a refx account?
https://refx.com/support/#1.1

https://refx.com/support/#1.6

FigBug wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:37 pm
KenjiDeVries wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:25 pm Biggest question: when will I ever be able to change my email address or password (!) in a refx account?
https://refx.com/support/#1.1

https://refx.com/support/#1.6
Thanks. Changing the password must be new. Until recently it has sent me the password that was given me with the automatic account creation without any possibility to change it.

Return to “Instruments”