Xhip Synthesizer v8.1 (alpha & RC)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Xhip Effects Xhip Synthesizer

Maybe, but it isn't worthwhile to do that. Using a non-standard (not part of distribution) compiler is a lot more work than just figuring out workarounds to make 8.3.0 work correctly.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Kott wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:28 am Oh, sorry, I don't try to push You :)
Maybe gcc9 has this bug fixed?
It's important to check once in a while to make sure everything still compiles and works fine on Linux or MacOS, since the longer I wait to check the more things will go wrong :)

I've uploaded r1191 to the alpha page.

It appears to work correctly, but for some reason crashes (locks up the process actually) in an older version of reaper when loading a project I made with r1100. It's quite difficult to debug such issues on linux so I decided not to bother to try to figure out why. It loads new projects fine so I'm betting this is possibly due to the FX incompatibility.

edit: It's because my mutex design needs some updates... another engineering problem that doesn't have any noticeable impact from the user perspective.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

kottv, how? :)

kottv = kott version, I only compiled it and changed the version string to be sure it was the right version.

Nothing special, unless you count the fact the mutex will deadlock when you're using the effects :P I'll try to get that fixed and upload a new revision once I have it working correctly.

Uploaded r1194 with the mutex issue fixed and a few other minor tweaks.
https://soundcloud.com/xhip/hah-001
Get it at the alpha page. (That snare is a layer of cheapskate_snare + battery_snar presets from the presets 7z.)

:)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Cool stuff
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Cool! Really.

There little problem with non-latin chars (it's not critical):
Screenshot_20191121_192342.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes since my code is US-ASCII only, it means characters outside that range aren't displayed correctly. Internally all the code works with utf-8 though, and so directories will still be listed and files can be loaded correctly... just that the display of those strings won't work.

The aim of my GUI/etc frameworks has always been freedom from system dependencies and pixel-perfect bit-for-bit identical rendering, regardless of platform. So to achieve utf-8 support while maintaining this would be a huge amount of work.

I've uploaded xhip_8_linux_64bit_alpha_r1194b_INCOMPAT which is a very small fix. When I cleaned up the linux file browser dialog I made a mistake that causes the leading forward slash to be left off the filename. So instead of "/home/kv/..." you get "home/kv/..." and the read fails.

r1194b fixes that and now loads files correctly.

still no GUI on osx ... ?

OSX won't exist by the time there's a GUI. So you might as well give up on it and hope for an iOS version in a million years instead. I might be willing to invest about three or four months for $20k USD.

https://soundcloud.com/xhip/4tuna

I'm a bit hesitant to post in this thread without anything new in terms of alpha versions.

I've done some more work on the manual. Most important I've added a section on user interface input (mouse and keyboard functions.) Honestly it was stupid not to include that stuff from the beginning because I believe most users are probably not aware of the best way to use the UI. I personally use the mouse-wheel and shift+wheel almost 100% of the time for input with middle click to reset to default. It makes input drastically more easy and precise.

I've developed some new monitoring stuff that reveals the reasons I've been producing nasty muddy mixes the past while. I'll be trying to replace all the soundcloud demo clips with new versions that are mixed correctly to solve the muddiness issues. I'd really like to get a good pair of monitoring headphones with decent isolation. I've found a ton of reviews talk about plastic parts that break and fall apart quickly as they age and become brittle.

I've spent a short bit of time updating the functionality of the html on xhip.net using some html5 features like hover. So I'm now able to trim what I say to minimal levels and leave all the ranting detailed explanations hidden in popups. Try it out: http://xhip.net/synth/

I have been continuing with back-end work where I've optimized the GUI a bit using dirty lists (no more redundantly checking every object for every redraw.) I have made some significant improvements to the way the GUI handles resizing and redraw, so it'll definitely work a lot more smoothly in the next version. I'm not sure this justifies a new alpha as it's hardly something you'd notice much during practical use of the plug-ins. Hopefully I'll get into something a bit more practical soon and post a new version!

:)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “Instruments”