DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

xx JPRacer xx wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:43 am This is the error I get with Bitwig 3.1 beta 1 with a Launchpad X when using the step sequencer with a Drum Machine drum container. Record and playback are working fine but as soon as I press a pad in the sequencer section I get the error.
Screenshot (3).png
Thanks for reporting! This is a bug in the Beta, I did report it to Bitwig.

^ :tu:

Is there any way using Akai APC40mkII to assign to a knob one device parameters from a channel and to other knob, other device parameter from another channel? A solution would be to modify the script to have USER mode as custom midi mapping instead of using Send 2.

I made a modification of Moss script that assigns the first device param from each track to the PAN mode. Check here if you’re interested: https://github.com/Nettsu/DrivenByGrass

Bug Report: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol mk II using latest DrivenByMoss with Bitwig 3.0 on Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6.

Item: Mixer view
When you "Bounce some Tracks and then deactivate the original track and then hide deactivated tracks, all the tracks still show up in the mixer view". The mixer view is not refreshed with the change. I have even tried turning my KK MK2 S49 off and on again but no change. Can this be remedied?

By the way I love what you have done with Clear button so I can access devices and automated them. Works really well.

Thanks, Stephanie
Stephanie Sante
Recording Artist, Producer and Boutique Label owner.
www.stephaniesante.com

Netsu wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:51 pm I made a modification of Moss script that assigns the first device param from each track to the PAN mode. Check here if you’re interested: https://github.com/Nettsu/DrivenByGrass
Thanks, I will try to adapt my workflow to yours, so I have to create a bunch of new device pages. Also I like that the default view is the session view :wink:

I just tried the DrivenByMoss Bitwig Extension with my Push 2 and I just want to applaud you Moss for your incredible work. I remember about a year or 2 ago I tried using my Push 2 with Bitwig back when your script was called Push4Bitwig and while it was impressive it just felt like I was missing some of the things that I loved about using my Push with Live. But those things are no longer missing. I just installed the most recent DrivenByMoss 7.6 and I was blown away at how good it is. It feels like a first rate push experience but for the wonderful Bitwig.

So I just want to thank you for all of your hard work over the years to make this script what it has become, and for creating something that will help so many use the tools they love to create. If you happen to take donations I would want to send over a small token of appreciation (the internet version of buying you a meal and a beer) since I know you put a lot of time into this, and continue to do so on bug fixes (dm if you feel such a thing is appropriate). At minimum, I wanted to post this and say thank you for your effort and talent. Also, kudos to the Bitwig team as I imagine some of the evolution is also thanks to their effort to give developers like you the tools/access you need to make a wonderful script for midi controllers like the Push 2.

Cheers!

gravitysink wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:31 pm Is there any way using Akai APC40mkII to assign to a knob one device parameters from a channel and to other knob, other device parameter from another channel? A solution would be to modify the script to have USER mode as custom midi mapping instead of using Send 2.
There is currently no user mode support for the APC. If you want to create a very specific setup you could have a look at Generic Flexi instead.

ssante wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:54 pm Bug Report: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol mk II using latest DrivenByMoss with Bitwig 3.0 on Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6.

When you "Bounce some Tracks and then deactivate the original track and then hide deactivated tracks, all the tracks still show up in the mixer view". The mixer view is not refreshed with the change. I have even tried turning my KK MK2 S49 off and on again but no change. Can this be remedied?

By the way I love what you have done with Clear button so I can access devices and automated them. Works really well.

Thanks, Stephanie
Hi Stephanie,

that is actually not a bug but simply currently not possible. There is no option in the API to remove hidden or deactivated tracks. Already requested by many users, so let's hope it appear in the future.

Cheers!

jaaypeso24 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:07 am I just tried the DrivenByMoss Bitwig Extension with my Push 2 and I just want to applaud you Moss for your incredible work. I remember about a year or 2 ago I tried using my Push 2 with Bitwig back when your script was called Push4Bitwig and while it was impressive it just felt like I was missing some of the things that I loved about using my Push with Live. But those things are no longer missing. I just installed the most recent DrivenByMoss 7.6 and I was blown away at how good it is. It feels like a first rate push experience but for the wonderful Bitwig.
Thanks! And there is still much more to come! :-)

moss wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:16 am
ssante wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:54 pm Bug Report: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol mk II using latest DrivenByMoss with Bitwig 3.0 on Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6.

Thanks, Stephanie
Hi Stephanie,

that is actually not a bug but simply currently not possible. There is no option in the API to remove hidden or deactivated tracks. Already requested by many users, so let's hope it appear in the future.

Cheers!
Ahhh! Thank you Jürgen I am new user to Bitwig. I also use your driven by Moss script for Mikro but have modified for my Maschine MK3. Thank you for all your wonderful work.
Stephanie Sante
Recording Artist, Producer and Boutique Label owner.
www.stephaniesante.com

[post deleted, beta bug already mentioned earlier in this thread]

Hello Moss, here is a guide you could add to the github wiki :

How to debug DrivenByMoss bitwig extension in Ubuntu and VScode :

Ubuntu 18.04
sudo apt-get install default-jdk maven
install vscode java-pack extension : https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it ... -java-pack
vim  ~/.bashrc , add at the end :

Code: Select all

export BITWIG_DEBUG_PORT=5005
logout and login 
launch bitwig-studio in a terminal and look for the message : 
BITWIG_DEBUG_PORT environment variable set to 5005 so enabling remote debugging
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5005

In VScode, in debug tab (ctrl+shift+D), edit launch.json configuration and add : 

Code: Select all

{
			"type": "java",
			"name": "Debug Bitwig (Attach)",
			"projectName": "DrivenByMoss",
			"request": "attach",
			"hostName": "localhost",
			"port": 5005
}
git clone https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss.git
add the folder to VScode workspace.

Run the debug config "Debug Bitwig (Attach)"
put one breakpoint somewhere in the file you want to debug.
open a terminal :
cd DrivenBymoss
mvn install  -Dbitwig.extension.directory=/home/$(whoami)/Bitwig\ Studio/Extensions
(double check that your bitwig is installed in ~/Bitwig Studio/ The above command will build DrivenByMoss and copy the built .bitwigextension to the Extensions folder of Bitwig)

if you have a bitwig controller DrivenByMoss already setup in Bitwig, Bitwig will see that the file is different, and will reload it. Then vscode should stop at your breakpoint !!!

I wrote the guide above to try to fix issue with your great script Novation Launchkey mini mk3 :tu: , but so far i failed :cry:

In Session Mode :
Shift Octave + and Shift Octave - to move the 8x2 Window are reversed. (+ move down and - move up, it should be the opposite)

and the feature request, or maybe some help to do it :

- In Session Mode I would love to be able to long press 1 second a clip to stop it.
(i know sub modes exist, but then you loose the second row, and the buttons shift+scene next//previous, make you jump and skip every even scene number, so it's impossible to stop a clip in a scene 2)
Also maybe it's a bug when a submode is set, you should tell Bitwig to resize the Window to a 8x1

- Disable the "pad screensaver effect" when the Launchkey idle, way too shiny in my dark room

Thank you

triiif wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:18 pm - Disable the "pad screensaver effect" when the Launchkey idle, way too shiny in my dark room
You can disable that. See page 35 in the manual.

Return to “Controller Scripting”