Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

antic604 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:30 am Does Padshop 2 run in other DAWs without the eLicenser?

The System Requirements page is pretty unhelpful (it might be implied that license activation & product registration ofcourse requires eLicenser).

Also I went through the thread and have not found the direct reply :(

padshop2.png
I am pretty sure it won't work. Because when you open Padshop in your DAW, e-licenser tracks the instances of it. Also, occasionally, if the e-licenser is not up-to-date it might cause issues. Pathetic! :( Steinberg really needs to improve their licensing system, else the products will never be as popular as other software despite being amazing.

I believe padshop pro 1 worked with just the software elicencer.

This is how to use the activation code: Open the eLicenser Control Center (Windows: Program Files, Mac: Applications) and click on "Enter Activation Code". Enter or paste the activation code into the corresponding field and follow the on-screen instructions. As soon as the license transfer has been completed, the new license will be listed in the eLicenser Control Center under "Soft-eLicenser (SeL)". Your software is now activated and ready for operation.

so i guess the new one if you buy it stand alone works the same
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

antic604 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:30 am Does Padshop 2 run in other DAWs without the eLicenser?

The System Requirements page is pretty unhelpful (it might be implied that license activation & product registration ofcourse requires eLicenser).

Also I went through the thread and have not found the direct reply :(

padshop2.png
It works with Soft eLicenser and / or Dongle eLicenser.

Calenberger wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 pmIt works with Soft eLicenser and / or Dongle eLicenser.
Thanks, I think that's correct. I just went to their webshop pretending to buy it and it just says "immediate download" whereas with Cubase Pro 10.5 there's an exclamation mark and "requires hardware eLicenser!" warning next to it.

I might actually just get the full DAW instead - the Padshop2 would cost me PLN550, whereas competitive crossgrade Cubase Pro 10 is 'just' PLN 1199 (incl. the eLicenser) at a local music shop :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:07 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 pmIt works with Soft eLicenser and / or Dongle eLicenser.
Thanks, I think that's correct. I just went to their webshop pretending to buy it and it just says "immediate download" whereas with Cubase Pro 10.5 there's an exclamation mark and "requires hardware eLicenser!" warning next to it.

I might actually just get the full DAW instead - the Padshop2 would cost me PLN550, whereas competitive crossgrade Cubase Pro 10 is 'just' PLN 1199 (incl. the eLicenser) at a local music shop :D
I am sure Stein will probably have a 50% off deal -- not sure when, maybe summer, but if you want the DAW, get it. It comes with a lot of extra stuffs (VSTs, effects, plugins, ..). I just upgraded to the Pro and it comes with so much stuff , I have a bit buyers remorse for the IK Multimedia Tracks5 stuff iI participated in and bought earlier in Sept/Oct. I don't really need it as C10.5 pretty much has it all - -the only thing it doesn't have is the tape emulator plugins.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:29 pmI am sure Stein will probably have a 50% off deal -- not sure when, maybe summer
I believe their competitive crossgrade deal (which is basically half off already) isn't getting any further discount. It didn't during their recent 30 years anniversary.

So I've already ordered it :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Apologies if this was asked and answered previously: Is there a way to filter the presets in P2 so that you can just audition the new ones? I would like to see how the pros use the new features to innovate.

Great plug by the way. Just when you thought you've heard everything pad-related...

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Hm, TBH I think padshop now can be considered as outdated and obsolete. You will get the same feature set for "free" in Avenger for instance. I would agree with the said complains about Steinberg updates.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:25 pm Hm, TBH I think padshop now can be considered as outdated and obsolete. You will get the same feature set for "free" in Avenger for instance. I would agree with the said complains about Steinberg updates.
BS.

Improvising live on video with a Padshop 2 patch which makes use of the new spectral oscillator, tweaking some modulation parameters on the fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQImq1VJQY

Looks like a useful update. From the videos I watched, it doesn't look like the timestretching with the spectral osc is high quality in terms of preserving the sound, when slowed way down. However it does look like great sound design mangling.

I see that there are two layers. Does each layer just allow loading a single sample? Or can you stack several samples within a layer somehow? Also, is there no separate loop points frmo sample start? Seems like it only loops from start. That would be kind of a bummer for the spectral mode.

The worst thing about Padshop and similar plugins is that you have only the option to import samples to create new sounds.
This method is prehistoric.
Why not adding the function of live sampling in 2019/2020? Or at least offer an additional effect version?
Thank God there are a few smart devs out there like Delta-V Audio who care about real innovation

Why not just live sample in your DAW, and drag the samples onto Padshop... one more step is not a big deal for me.

Because it is not the same thing. Believe me, once you work with plugins able to do live sampling and processing the incoming signal as an effect, you don´t want to go back and use workarounds. Especially if you need to create a bunch of sounds for soundsets and specific projects there is a huge difference. And being able to sample different sound sources on the fly is priceless.

I also own SpaceCraft that allows to record audio, and funnily I never use it and just use the drag and drop sample function lol. To each their own! I have no problem just having that option for granular synths.

Return to “Instruments”