Wagtunes Production Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:49 pm well, like frantz said, enjoy the ride! let it go where it goes.

and don't you go doubting the europeans and asians, they love some crazy stuff :D
So I hear. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 pm Thanks. The downside is, there will no longer be a tribute CD containing just my songs. The album they're working on starting in January, and planned to be released towards the end of the year, will contain one of my songs and the remainder will be songs that I've contributed to in some capacity, either in providing additional arrangement, keyboard parts and/or lyrics/music. The plus side to that is royalties will be distributed equally among all the band members.

They sent me their income from their last album. It's modest by industry standards but enough for me to possibly earn low 4 figures in total. Since I'm not in this for the money, that's gravy on the turkey. I'm just happy to be a working musician.
I still see this as good news. It seems like they are being very open and fair by making you a band member, showing you their income statements, and sharing royalties. Many people in the music business would be less forthcoming. Even if the next album only has one full Wags tune plus other contributions, it is still achieving your lifetime goal of having a song recorded by a real band. Other producers and similar bands may take note of it. Who knows where it will lead?

Even if their music is straightforward rock and roll, you can continue releasing more personal songs here and working on production library music.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 pm Unfortunately, I can't post any of this work here without their permission. So there is a chance you guys won't hear any of this until the album is released. And at that, you'll probably have to buy it.
I suspect their music is on Spotify in which case I will check it out once you are ready to share the info.

Frantz wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:16 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 pm Thanks. The downside is, there will no longer be a tribute CD containing just my songs. The album they're working on starting in January, and planned to be released towards the end of the year, will contain one of my songs and the remainder will be songs that I've contributed to in some capacity, either in providing additional arrangement, keyboard parts and/or lyrics/music. The plus side to that is royalties will be distributed equally among all the band members.

They sent me their income from their last album. It's modest by industry standards but enough for me to possibly earn low 4 figures in total. Since I'm not in this for the money, that's gravy on the turkey. I'm just happy to be a working musician.
I still see this as good news. It seems like they are being very open and fair by making you a band member, showing you their income statements, and sharing royalties. Many people in the music business would be less forthcoming. Even if the next album only has one full Wags tune plus other contributions, it is still achieving your lifetime goal of having a song recorded by a real band. Other producers and similar bands may take note of it. Who knows where it will lead?

Even if their music is straightforward rock and roll, you can continue releasing more personal songs here and working on production library music.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 pm Unfortunately, I can't post any of this work here without their permission. So there is a chance you guys won't hear any of this until the album is released. And at that, you'll probably have to buy it.
I suspect their music is on Spotify in which case I will check it out once you are ready to share the info.
I'll ask them about that. I haven't gotten into detail with them as far as how their music is sent to the public.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:59 am FYI, I just signed the contract with the group. I have now actually become a member of the group itself. They are so impressed with how prolific a writer I am that they want me as part of the team. The terms are incredible. I'd be insane not to accept. A couple of points I had issues with and were rewritten to my satisfaction. Honestly, I couldn't be happier.
Great news.
Do let us know when things start to be released. I'd love to hear your stuff professionally produced. Some of your arrangement, chord progressions etc are really terrific.

Bansaw wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:52 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:59 am FYI, I just signed the contract with the group. I have now actually become a member of the group itself. They are so impressed with how prolific a writer I am that they want me as part of the team. The terms are incredible. I'd be insane not to accept. A couple of points I had issues with and were rewritten to my satisfaction. Honestly, I couldn't be happier.
Great news.
Do let us know when things start to be released. I'd love to hear your stuff professionally produced. Some of your arrangement, chord progressions etc are really terrific.
Well, unfortunately, as a member of the group now, not as much of my material is going to be released as prior when they were going to do a whole album of my songs. Right now, there is only one of my tracks planned. But of course that can change depending on what gets written by myself and the other members over the course of the next few months.

10th and final track of my TV themes collection. Monday, will be moving on to something else.

This one's my personal favorite.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... reen-theme

Here's a bit of encouragement: I just sold my first library track off Pond5.
At the risk of skewing my stats: https://www.pond5.com/royalty-free-musi ... electronic

I saw 4 views and 1 sale! And that one sale brought me $5.25 (less any fees to move money to PayPal etc) which is already more than the money I get from selling a whole album for $5 off Bandcamp!!!

I honestly expected this to sit there until the ends of time so Wags with these cool TV themes that you are doing...

:-)

Benedict wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:44 am Here's a bit of encouragement: I just sold my first library track off Pond5.
At the risk of skewing my stats: https://www.pond5.com/royalty-free-musi ... electronic

I saw 4 views and 1 sale! And that one sale brought me $5.25 (less any fees to move money to PayPal etc) which is already more than the money I get from selling a whole album for $5 off Bandcamp!!!

I honestly expected this to sit there until the ends of time so Wags with these cool TV themes that you are doing...

:-)
Thanks Benedict. That is very encouraging.

Just received this email from Musicvine.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your music and for your interest in Music Vine.

Our team have taken a listen to your portfolio and while we enjoyed your music, unfortunately we don't feel it's quite right for Music Vine.

As you can imagine, we receive a huge volume of applications and we are very selective with taking on board music that is both highly relevant for our customers and that compliments our current roster. With this in mind, our decision to decline an application is often in no way reflective of our thoughts on the artistic merit of the music and the effort that has clearly gone into making it.

Please note that due to large quantity of applicants we receive, we are unfortunately unable to answer specific questions relating to your application.

We appreciate it's never nice to be declined, but we hope you understand and wish you all the very best with your music.

- Music Vine
Anyway, I gave it a shot and I'm done. It's time I admitted that I'm not a good enough of a musician to produce tracks good enough for these sites.

Just heard from my band today and they will now be doing 2 of my tracks on their new album instead of just one. I'm content with that.

Putting this in the rear view mirror.

They said:
we receive a huge volume of applications and we are very selective with taking on board music that is both highly relevant for our customers and that compliments our current roster. With this in mind, our decision to decline an application is often in no way reflective of our thoughts on the artistic merit of the music.
You thought:
I'm not a good enough of a musician to produce tracks good enough for these sites.
:shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:16 pm They said:
we receive a huge volume of applications and we are very selective with taking on board music that is both highly relevant for our customers and that compliments our current roster. With this in mind, our decision to decline an application is often in no way reflective of our thoughts on the artistic merit of the music.
You thought:
I'm not a good enough of a musician to produce tracks good enough for these sites.
That's just them being polite. I am sure it's the same form letter that gets sent to everybody who is rejected.

And it would be easy enough to prove. I send them another application under a different name and email address of nothing but fart noises and stuff like that and I guarantee that I get the exact same letter back.

Obviously, you haven't dealt with this business much.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 pm
You thought:
That's just them being polite. I am sure it's the same form letter that gets sent to everybody who is rejected.

And it would be easy enough to prove. I send them another application under a different name and email address of nothing but fart noises and stuff like that and I guarantee that I get the exact same letter back.

Acceptance letter....
We have a client who.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 pm
You thought:

D'ya mean the business of people reading whatever they want from a communication? Yeah! Seen it a lot,

Of course they send the same letter out. But that doesn't mean that what they wrote isn't true.

Return to “Music Cafe”