Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

sOktay wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:01 pm
BassMasterK wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:12 am .... I have only played with it for 20 minutes or so, but so far it is working fine in Cubase 10 on a Win7 Pro system.
I'm itching to upgrade and I'm not doubting BassMasterK but since this is a system dependent thing, I would appreciate if other Win 7 users could chime in -- has anyone had any problems? Should I go for it?
Definitely understand you wanting to hear from more people. I went through this with their latest HALion where it was only Win 10 to start. That experience made me feel more comfortable giving this a shot. Anyhow I had another hour or so on it last night. Put it through the places other than I didn't import my own sample yet but everything is working fine for me so far. I'm sure some others will chime in as word spreads. Best of luck.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

It's running great on both my Win 7 & Win 10 systems. And no problems under two VST hosts (Savi; Tone 2) or three DAW's (Cubase; Mixbus; SPlat).
But YMMV, because I can't get my Groove Agent 5 upgrade to install on my Win 7 system yet.

Thank you for the responses, I appreciate it -- my arm has been twisted, I'm going for it :) (And installation was fine for me, I thought if I installed it, it would run in demo mode but it doesn't). Thanks again folks!

And success! Installs and works fine, no problems so far. Thanks again for responding.

Anyone interested in a cheap upgrade code from Padshop? I mistakenly bought that instead of the (cheaper) upgrade from Padshop Pro. :dog: Be happy to sell it for the cost of the correct upgrade, so $10 or something cheaper than usual.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm Improvising live on video with a Padshop 2 patch which makes use of the new spectral oscillator, tweaking some modulation parameters on the fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQImq1VJQY
This is totally fascinating - especially from such an old VSTi. I wonder why on earth electro-acoustic composers need MAX when they could use PadShop Pro! :o
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:48 pm

This is totally fascinating - especially from such an old VSTi. I wonder why on earth electro-acoustic composers need MAX when they could use PadShop Pro! :o
because there's much more to max than just fiddling with waveforms in stereo? :wink:

Ploki wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:51 pm
SparkySpark wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:48 pm

because there's much more to max than just fiddling with waveforms in stereo? :wink:
Yeah, they fiddle with them to the MAX. :hihi:
Go MuLab!

I've just installed PadShop Pro. I downloaded it on the offchance that it would bring some needed flair to a piano ballad.

Damn how good it is! :o

Really made my song. It's also a great feeling being able to buy something for a specific song, feels like I am a very rich man. :D

(It's just that I didn't really buy it as it came with my 25 key Nektar keyboard...)
Go MuLab!

antic604 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:30 am Does Padshop 2 run in other DAWs without the eLicenser?

The System Requirements page is pretty unhelpful (it might be implied that license activation & product registration ofcourse requires eLicenser).

Also I went through the thread and have not found the direct reply :(

padshop2.png
Padshop 2 requires eLicenser, but what is not clear is whether they require the license to be on a dongle, or if it can be in the local software container. I have Absolute 4, which includes Padshop 2, and Absolute 4 requires the dongle.

teilo wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:41 am
antic604 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:30 am Does Padshop 2 run in other DAWs without the eLicenser?

The System Requirements page is pretty unhelpful (it might be implied that license activation & product registration ofcourse requires eLicenser).

padshop2.png
Padshop 2 requires eLicenser, but what is not clear is whether they require the license to be on a dongle, or if it can be in the local software container. I have Absolute 4, which includes Padshop 2, and Absolute 4 requires the dongle.
I don't think Absolute 4 requires hardware e-licenser.

teilo wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:41 am

padshop2.png
Doesn't matter. Found a local dealer and ordered a full (crossgrade) Cubase Pro 10.5 + eLicenser for just double the price of the Padshop2 :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I installed PadShop 2 yesterday using ONLY the software e-licenser, so I confirm that the hardware solution is not needed.

First it didn't want to connect to Steinberg though, but after restarting both the DAW and the e-licenser it worked.
Go MuLab!

This worth it if one has halion? It costs more than the upgrade to Halion 6 from HS2, haha.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

HALion 6 doesn't contain the new spectral oscillator.

Return to “Instruments”