Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fleer wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:20 pm
cprompt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:51 am Pro Tools Expert gives a much better review than I ever could:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/produc ... on-plug-in
If I understand well, this would be a competitor for the Aphex Aural Exciter.
I can see how it's possible to draw that comparison. I never liked the Aphex plugin, was much too easy to make stuff shrill and nasty. Plus it was just a one-trick pony.

I only played around with Saturator for an hour last night but I liked what it did, it definitely opened stuff up and gave it more life, especially in the top end, but not in a shrill, trebley way, just less muddy.
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:08 pm Thanks! I think only GAS could make us purchase it. Not really seeing any other reason except the price to pick this up - I mean 5 plugins for less than 50 bucks is always tempting. :arrow: But showing some resistance here... :borg:
I thought long and hard over this - ultimately I paid $40 from AudioDeluxe which I think was a fair price for what I got. I'm actually not too bothered by the three new distortion plugins (maybe they're amazing, I can't say yet), but there were things about Saturator that I liked and it was easy to achieve the desired results quickly.

I've passed over many plugins that don't excite me, and that's my criterion - does it excite me? If not, no thanks. If it does and I can justify the expense, then I'll likely buy it. I'm not a pro, I'm just a hobbyist so this is my money I'm spending and I do it because I enjoy it. My purchases have to give me a buzz, a thrill because why else would I buy it? I've no clients demanding a specific plugin or sound. I'm not trying to attract business or market myself in any way. I just want to have fun and this plugin put a smile on my face and that's good enough for me.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:59 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:08 pm Thanks! I think only GAS could make us purchase it. Not really seeing any other reason except the price to pick this up - I mean 5 plugins for less than 50 bucks is always tempting. :arrow: But showing some resistance here... :borg:
I thought long and hard over this - ultimately I paid $40 from AudioDeluxe which I think was a fair price for what I got. I'm actually not too bothered by the three new distortion plugins (maybe they're amazing, I can't say yet), but there were things about Saturator that I liked and it was easy to achieve the desired results quickly.

I've passed over many plugins that don't excite me, and that's my criterion - does it excite me? If not, no thanks. If it does and I can justify the expense, then I'll likely buy it. I'm not a pro, I'm just a hobbyist so this is my money I'm spending and I do it because I enjoy it. My purchases have to give me a buzz, a thrill because why else would I buy it? I've no clients demanding a specific plugin or sound. I'm not trying to attract business or market myself in any way. I just want to have fun and this plugin put a smile on my face and that's good enough for me.
Agree to the way you take it. It's the same here. :tu:
I think for the money, you definitely are getting more. :) After my previous post, I listened to some other demos and I really liked the AR Saturator. The distortion modules are just a bonus, not sure if I will be using all of them. In fact, I couldn't resist and ordered the bundle. :oops:
Now waiting for the free plugin link.

Any suggestions from the below:

CLA-76
CLA-2A
CLA-3A
L2 Ultramaximizer
L3 Multimaximizer
Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter
Abbey Road Chambers
NLS Non-Linear Summer

I already have alternatives to the above plugin in some or the other form, but anything that really stands out from the above?

I too have a bunch of exciters/saturators. I've been fiddling about with the exciters/saturators in iZotope's latest O9 lineup. They seem pretty good to me. Curious if others think they rate...
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Thanks @cprompt, I think I’ll go for Brauer Motion as my Waves (2+1) freebie.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:31 pm I couldn't resist and ordered the bundle. :oops:

CLA-76
CLA-2A
CLA-3A
L2 Ultramaximizer
L3 Multimaximizer
Abbey Road Chambers
NLS Non-Linear Summer

I already have alternatives to the above plugin in some or the other form, but anything that really stands out from the above?
I resisted after realizing the new bundle didn't meaningfully fill any holes in my kit. All full on distortion and saturation.

In my opinion, Abbey Road Chambers is the most unique on that list of yours, and having been watching its price for the past 6 or so months, $29.99 is rare for it. To get it as a freebie +1 is a great deal. I'd suggest to try the demo first. It is a CPU hog (of sorts) and either you grok the interface immediately or you realize you'll never use it again.

I have NLS Non-Linear Summer through a kit and still cannot understand what it actually is meant to do ... or perhaps more specifically what situation I would want to use that over other available options. I feel like I'm missing something fundamental about NLS but I find it uninspiring and don't feel compelled (yet) to figure it out. Waves certainly held it in high regard when they priced it for retail.

kidslow wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 pm It is a CPU hog (of sorts) and either you grok the interface immediately or you realize you'll never use it again.
Am I seeing right? A Robert Heinlein quote on kvr? I thought this place was devoid of culture :D
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

kidslow wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:31 pm I couldn't resist and ordered the bundle. :oops:

CLA-76
CLA-2A
CLA-3A
L2 Ultramaximizer
L3 Multimaximizer
Abbey Road Chambers
NLS Non-Linear Summer

I resisted after realizing the new bundle didn't meaningfully fill any holes in my kit. All full on distortion and saturation.

In my opinion, Abbey Road Chambers is the most unique on that list of yours, and having been watching its price for the past 6 or so months, $29.99 is rare for it. To get it as a freebie +1 is a great deal. I'd suggest to try the demo first. It is a CPU hog (of sorts) and either you grok the interface immediately or you realize you'll never use it again.

I have NLS Non-Linear Summer through a kit and still cannot understand what it actually is meant to do ... or perhaps more specifically what situation I would want to use that over other available options. I feel like I'm missing something fundamental about NLS but I find it uninspiring and don't feel compelled (yet) to figure it out. Waves certainly held it in high regard when they priced it for retail.
Thanks for the tip. :tu:
$29.99 is indeed rare for Abbey Road Chambers. I will consider demoing it. :)

As for NLS, I am in the same boat. I think it will probably be of more sense to those who have worked on hardware consoles or have been mixing for a long time. I thought to include it as it has got good reviews, but can definitely skip it for a better freebie.

medienhexer wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:07 pm Am I seeing right? A Robert Heinlein quote on kvr? I thought this place was devoid of culture :D
Here I was led to believe this place swirls in a vortex at the center of culture creation itself :hyper:

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:41 pm
telecode wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:01 pm I have to say, I am awfully proud of myself. I did not buy a single music software product on BF or CM. Now we wait for dealz form UVI and Arturia. Lets see some 40% or 50% off on bundles bitchez.
What Arturia bundle deal? The V Collection is $299 new / $99 upgrade at the moment - until Thursday
https://www.arturia.com/black-friday-19#en
i am waiting for a deal on all the effects. dont need the new V collection.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

pekadan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm I wonder if you can give me some general advice, like which bundle is most price worthy? I can get Horizon for a reasonable price ($116), for example, and it seems to cover a lot of what I have. But then I'm not sure what to do with the plugins that are not part of Horizon. I own various Abbey Road plugins for example. Do I find suitable bundles for the rest of the plugins too. I'll quickly be over the WUP charge then probably.
I can recommend getting the Abbey Road Collection. That's the only one I keep up-to-date, I let all my other Waves licenses lapse. I believe that upgrading bundles always gets you whatever has been added since your last upgrade, too.

kidslow wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 pm I have NLS Non-Linear Summer through a kit and still cannot understand what it actually is meant to do ... or perhaps more specifically what situation I would want to use that over other available options. I feel like I'm missing something fundamental about NLS but I find it uninspiring and don't feel compelled (yet) to figure it out. Waves certainly held it in high regard when they priced it for retail.
It's a similar concept to Slate VCC, the cumulative effect of using it on all your channels and their interaction with the mix buss is what gives it its sound.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:35 pm
pekadan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm I wonder if you can give me some general advice, like which bundle is most price worthy? I can get Horizon for a reasonable price ($116), for example, and it seems to cover a lot of what I have. But then I'm not sure what to do with the plugins that are not part of Horizon. I own various Abbey Road plugins for example. Do I find suitable bundles for the rest of the plugins too. I'll quickly be over the WUP charge then probably.
I can recommend getting the Abbey Road Collection. That's the only one I keep up-to-date, I let all my other Waves licenses lapse. I believe that upgrading bundles always gets you whatever has been added since your last upgrade, too.
+1

Did anyone who bought his two Waves plugins in the 2+1 promo through a reseller get (to select) his freebie yet?

I have not, and I notice they made a subtle change to the T&C from the original to reword that they would send an email on Dec 3 with the link to the +1 to that they would provide it within 72 hours.

^ Yes, I was told the same by the Waves customer support.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”