Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:20 pm Just a heads-up: I got the email from Waves to choose the $29.99 free plugin.
Cheers. Me too.
I’m hesitant between:
Brauer Motion
PuigChild
Aphex Exciter
(already have all things Abbey Road)

everyPlugin.com wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 pm
VincentVega wrote: ...I bought the Abbey Road Collection just two days before the Saturator release and I must pay an upgrade if I want to have it
The AR collection price was raised after the Saturator/MDMX release.
However the upgrade price is about ½ of the full raise.
No it wasn't. It was $164 just before the new plugin release - and it was $164 after inc. the new plugin. Also their "X number of units left at this price" is a complete LIE.

Yes it was.
$164 before, and $199 after, including now.
Though it took them about a day to update.

everyPlugin.com wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:39 pm Yes it was.
^^^ This
Thanks @EveryPlugin :tu:

I still dont fully understand the Waves upgrade plan; all I know is I have plugins that work great for me and they were very inexpensive. Last year as a result of info gotten here I bought Horizon for $153.. I have 20 other plugins from Waves on top of that. Looking at the upgrade path discussed here, I could get Abby Roads Collection for $153 which would give me 9 new plugins ,8 of which I would use. Is this the best way to look at Waves upgrades?

VincentVega wrote: ...I bought the Abbey Road Collection just two days before the Saturator release and I must pay an upgrade if I want to have it
Something similar happened with Izotope MPS2.1/MPS 3, and they gave the update for free for whom bought the bundle (2.1) in the last months.

everyPlugin.com wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:39 pm Yes it was.
It was raised AFTER I sent them a COMPLAINT EMAIL about the situation! [of which I still haven't received a reply]

I have screenshots of the SAME PRICE & their BS LYING "18 units available at this price".

The price has been changed now to $199 and the "units remaining" disappeared.

To clarify: I purchased [quickly] at the original $164 price after reading "18 units available at this price". After which the number simply increased, again & again. So clearly they offered WAY MORE than "18 units" at the SAME PRICE.

Then they add a new AR plugin and it's in the same bundle, SAME PRICE ($164) - but not for anyone who just purchased [quickly due to their lying advertising tactics], only for NEW PURCHASES.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:12 pm I still dont fully understand the Waves upgrade plan; all I know is I have plugins that work great for me and they were very inexpensive. Last year as a result of info gotten here I bought Horizon for $153.. I have 20 other plugins from Waves on top of that. Looking at the upgrade path discussed here, I could get Abby Roads Collection for $153 which would give me 9 new plugins ,8 of which I would use. Is this the best way to look at Waves upgrades?
Abbey Road is the only one that doesn't upgrade automatically with WUP. They said it has to do with the licensing. So it shows as separate products in the system. Curious as to if you can sell them separately also.

profaudio wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:28 pm
No it wasn't. It was $164 just before the new plugin release - and it was $164 after inc. the new plugin. Also their "X number of units left at this price" is a complete LIE.
Their management & marketing is an absolute nightmare imho. It's bullsh*t like this, that makes me completely question wtf is going wrong at Waves.

I had the complete Abbey Road Collection prior to Saturator. I bought Saturator through an upgrade via the My Products page in my Waves account. Waves added another 1 year of WUP on all the plugs in the collection. Essentially got Saturator and 1 year of WUP for $24.

zqxwcevr wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:21 am I had the complete Abbey Road Collection prior to Saturator. I bought Saturator through an upgrade via the My Products page in my Waves account. Waves added another 1 year of WUP on all the plugs in the collection. Essentially got Saturator and 1 year of WUP for $24.
My first Anti-WUP story. :) I recently WUPed my entire Waves account which extended my WUP for all plugins to July 2021. This week I upgraded the Abbey Roads Collection to get the Saturator and the system set the WUP date back to December 2020. Waves support fixed that though.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Fleer wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:37 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:20 pm Just a heads-up: I got the email from Waves to choose the $29.99 free plugin.
Cheers. Me too.
I’m hesitant between:
Brauer Motion
PuigChild
Aphex Exciter
(already have all things Abbey Road)
:tu: If you have the Soundtoys 5 bundle, which has PanMan, you could skip Brauer Motion I guess. They look comparable on first look.

PuigChild might be a better choice considering you already have AR Saturator that can deliver some excitement. ;)

I am still uncertain between AR Chambers and Plates. On demoing them, I realized that Plates looks a bit simpler to use and also has much less CPU hit. Also, my music does not really fit acoustic genre, so Chambers might not be much suitable. :?

Uncle E wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:02 am 89% off Soundtoys Little Radiator tube preamp saturator, now $9 instead of $79:
https://www.jrrshop.com/soundtoys-little-radiator
Insane deal! :o

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:31 pmAny suggestions from the below:

CLA-76
CLA-2A
CLA-3A
L2 Ultramaximizer
L3 Multimaximizer
Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter
Abbey Road Chambers
NLS Non-Linear Summer
Of that list, Chambers is probably the best one. The compressors are just more compressors floating in a sea of compressors. Aphex is a one trick pony (and the high end that Saturator gives is much nicer than Aphex) and NLS, well I've had that for a couple of years and now it just gathers dust. I never found it did much for me.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”