Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bleulander wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:56 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:47 pm Gforce just sent this out to subscribers...

For the first time we're offering you the opportunity to purchase our synthesizers, impOSCar2®, Oddity2® and Minimonsta® at the truly impulse price of £33.33 each.
I just got a error?

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.gforcesoftware.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
We have it up now:

https://www.jrrshop.com/gforce?dir=desc ... _from_date

Soundtoys just lost a few bucks from me, lol. I was about to upgrade to Soundtoys 5 because I wanted Radiator and SieQ (might as well upgrade fully for the offer I had). But... for $9 Little Radiator is good enough.

I've learned my lesson about bundles anyway. They're harder to flip if I tire of them and I don't usually appreciate what I have. It's better to get one plugin at a time, knowing exactly what I want it for, after demoing.
Last edited by dangayle on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e@rs wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:40 pm Uncle E, we desperately need that GForce synths sale @ JRR... :pray:
Thanks for asking! I only found out about it because of your message! :)

BERFAB wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:51 pm Does anyone know if there are any further discounts available from retailers for this? JRRshop only lists the V 5.0-->6.0 upgrade. Anyone? Uncle E?
Please PM me and I'll get you the lowest price possible. They don't allow us to give automatic discounts anymore. When we were allowed to give automatic discounts, we always gave 20% off.

psuper says "you're always very helpful around here and that goes a long way."

Although I haven't purchased much from you, I have to agree with this sentiment.

I've bought software and hardware from JRR, shipping halfway round the world.

Highly recommended.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:24 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm Confused whether to choose Abbey Road Chambers or Plates. I already have Soundtoys Little Plate (and Valhalla Vintage Verb & Room), so I wonder if I should choose Chambers?

Came across this interesting article: https://www.abbeyroad.com/news/how-to-u ... music-2585

Based on the information in it, I feel Plates would be more suitable for my purpose.

I have the demo installed now and will experiment a bit, but any suggestions on this?
Make sure to pay attention to the CPU usage as you're demoing them. Both sound great but are also hogs.
Thank you, I indeed realized they are taking significant CPU, especially the Chambers. For all this time I was ignoring H-Reverb, but man, it sounds amazing. It has a lot of presets and is very flexible, too. I think I will forget the AR reverbs and get the H-Reverb. Light on CPU, sounds beautiful. I loved the build up feature when demoing it yesterday; can be used creatively. One last demo experiment tonight and I will be done with the selection. :)

samsam wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:43 am I've bought software and hardware from JRR, shipping halfway round the world.

Highly recommended.
Uncle E rocks, fo shizzle 8)
A well-behaved signature.

Just a note to those reading...GForce...I would buy these again at this price if I had to. Absolute bargain. Some of the best synths I own. Get these...NOW! You won't be disappointed.

Am I crazy or was there not a plug-in alliance 25$ voucher this month? I want to pick up Lion and I just spent 30 minutes scouring my emails, but couldn’t find one. I could have SWORN I had one!

thagreatbelow wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:59 am Am I crazy or was there not a plug-in alliance 25$ voucher this month? I want to pick up Lion and I just spent 30 minutes scouring my emails, but couldn’t find one. I could have SWORN I had one!
they don't sendem in December.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

thagreatbelow wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:59 am Am I crazy or was there not a plug-in alliance 25$ voucher this month? I want to pick up Lion and I just spent 30 minutes scouring my emails, but couldn’t find one. I could have SWORN I had one!
No vouchers from PA in december.

As a few mentioned, they don't send personalize monthly vouchers in December. It was also mentioned in Dirk's Open Letter sent October 31st.

That being said, last December 31st, PA did send out a one-time use $75 voucher to everyone which could be used on any orders $150 or higher. While there's no guarantee that it will happen this year, it might. A lot of the plugins that had been on sale during the X-MAS CALENDAR sale were also on sale during the MEGA-Sale between Christmas and New Year. That being said, who knows if the same plugins will be on sale after December 25 (i.e. LION) this year.

For reference, here are the plugins that were on sale last December 31st: https://web.archive.org/web/20181231095 ... ducts.html
(Again, there's no guarantee that something similar would happen this year, specifically for LION which was only released this year, but it's a possibility)
Last edited by SolarAxix on Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

SolarAxix wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:31 am
As a few mentioned, they don't send personalize monthly vouchers in December. It was also mentioned in Dirk's Open Letter sent October 31st.

That being said, last December 31st, PA did send out a one-time use $75 voucher to everyone which could be used on any orders $150 or higher. While there's no guarantee that it will happen this year, it might. A lot of the plugins that had been on sale during the X-MAS CALENDAR sale were also on sale during the MEGA-Sale between Christmas and New Year. That being said, who knows if the same plugins will be on sale after December 25 (i.e. LION) this year.

For reference, here are the plugins that were on sale last December 31st: https://web.archive.org/web/20181231095 ... ducts.html
(Again, there's no guarantee that the something similar would happen this year, specifically for LION which was only released this year, but it's a possibility)
Talk about depreciation of PA plugins... BX console 4k E regular price $349, on sale in December $149... a guy in KvR trying for 4 weeks to sell -unsuccessfully- it for $15... lol
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

thejonsolo wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:37 am Just a note to those reading...GForce...I would buy these again at this price if I had to. Absolute bargain. Some of the best synths I own. Get these...NOW! You won't be disappointed.
True! These prices are unprecedentedly low because it's a 66% discount off of the recently lowered prices (which I only just found out about). They are $42.99 now and were $179 yesterday on our site.

Minimonsta is still a great programmer's synth. Who needs a modulation matrix when almost every single parameter has its own dedicated envelope and LFO? It's genius.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”