Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
User avatar
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2382 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Over here reaper doesn't make any distinction between 50 or 75 % track layout , no difference whatsoever
Jusr using a regular screen ( no retina )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Klinke
KVRist
160 posts since 24 Dec, 2009 from Berlin

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:07 pm

fairlyclose wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:23 pm
Klinke wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:21 pm
I needed some time till it clicked, but now I find it an extremly clever solution and I prefer it a lot compared to the WiredChain script, and other solution where you move blocks and get easily an overview that looks like spaghetti. In my opinion the main disadvantage compared to other solutions is the need for mixers when you want to merge back the splitted signal.
interesting, I'd at least need to be able to zoom in and out for it to work for me - is that possible? My usual scroll wheeling did not work

Also the dangling cable thing is not very good - gets in the way of vision - unless there is some way of shifting them?
My comment only referred to the signal flow within a track. I am also much less convinced of the usefulness of the rest of the wiring view.

Audio~Geek
KVRian
863 posts since 24 Mar, 2007 from Vancouver, BC

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:40 pm

fairlyclose wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:23 pm


interesting, I'd at least need to be able to zoom in and out for it to work for me - is that possible? My usual scroll wheeling did not work

Also the dangling cable thing is not very good - gets in the way of vision - unless there is some way of shifting them?
no zoom yet

right-click and choose only show wires on mouseover
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

fairlyclose
KVRist
268 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:20 pm

Audio~Geek wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:40 pm
fairlyclose wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:23 pm


interesting, I'd at least need to be able to zoom in and out for it to work for me - is that possible? My usual scroll wheeling did not work

Also the dangling cable thing is not very good - gets in the way of vision - unless there is some way of shifting them?
no zoom yet

right-click and choose only show wires on mouseover
thanks - the "only show... " improves things quite a bit.

sleepcircle
KVRian
707 posts since 28 Nov, 2016

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Hink wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:40 am
I know there are trolls, I know people want to get their shot it or response to any trolls that might happen along but that only exacerbates the problem...please dont feed the trolls, report them. You statements as in attacks are a quick way out of this thread.
Ah, I apologize. I didn't know if this sort of sniping and backbiting was something mods would want reported, or else I wouldn't have said anything, I would've just reported stuff.

kvotchin
KVRist
289 posts since 9 Aug, 2018

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:41 pm

I really like the default UI changes. Looks great!

Will see how the other changes pan out, if/when they become relevant.

tooneba
KVRian
1225 posts since 6 Nov, 2012

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:27 pm

PushNation bruh :nutter:

enroe
KVRian
1112 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:59 pm

Most important improvements in Reaper 6:

-- Track delay - unlasting, and long time overdue!
-- Performance optimations for huge track counts (maybe already in 5.9.anything)

The last point means that Reaper feels even lighter and more responsive
than it was already before. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Trancit
KVRAF
2451 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:16 am

I said it once and do it again:

For me V6 is the biggest disappointment since I know Reaper... there is not a single bit included which improves all the silly inconsistencies Reaper carries over the last 10 years...

That´s the problem I think with an owner who don´t need money anymore...

User avatar
digitalboytn
KVRian
1496 posts since 8 Dec, 2008 from Global Cowboy

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:37 am

Trancit wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:16 am
I said it once and do it again:

For me V6 is the biggest disappointment since I know Reaper... there is not a single bit included which improves all the silly inconsistencies Reaper carries over the last 10 years...

That´s the problem I think with an owner who don´t need money anymore...
I was so overcome with emotion reading your tale of woe Trancit,that I had to reach for the tissues...

Surely you can find one thing about v6 that rings your joy bells and puts a smile on your dial ?

Just one,tiny glimmer of light in the darkness ?

I'll tell you what....

If you go and give v6 another crack and you still come back here a little disappointed,we might all kick in and start a Go Fund Me page for you so that you can get with the happiness program...

How does that sound ? :wink:
Sorry - I don't use auto-tune....

Trancit
KVRAF
2451 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:16 am

That´s what I love the most... :D

Once you say something against the holy Reaper there is always chiming in some priest trying to convince you that even the biggest crap release is the holy grail because it´s Reaper...

Thx man... you already brought a smile on my face :tu:

machinesworking
KVRAF
1995 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:47 am

Trancit wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:16 am
That´s what I love the most... :D

Once you say something against the holy Reaper there is always chiming in some priest trying to convince you that even the biggest crap release is the holy grail because it´s Reaper...

Thx man... you already brought a smile on my face :tu:
I dunno? Reaper is one of 4 DAWs on my system and I'm not disappointed.
There seem to be two models for .0 releases, big changes out the door, constant upgrades like Cubase etc. and the Logic, Live, DP, Reaper approach where sometimes a .1 update is like what Steinberg would charge you $150 for. I've no doubt more features and bug fixes are coming, Reaper is constantly updated.

Now are those updates things I want personally all the time?? no, not even close. The one thing that Reaper got that I wanted this time was actual MIDI CC drawing, but I'm happy one of my requests was implemented, because I've owned a lot of DAWs over a long time, and I realize I will never be "happy".
The imaginary perfect DAW exists in my head, not in reality. :wink:

User avatar
digitalboytn
KVRian
1496 posts since 8 Dec, 2008 from Global Cowboy

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:56 am

Trancit wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:16 am
Thx man... you already brought a smile on my face :tu:
That's fantastic news...

From disappointment to delight in one easy step...

I will cancel the offer of the Go Fund Me page because it sounds as if your joy bells are already ringing...

That's what we like to hear :wink:
Sorry - I don't use auto-tune....

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
3639 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:12 am

Was the 6.0 not just because they ran out of numbers and finally wanted to get harryupbabble to join? The poor guy needs to starve now for 3 days to pay for it...
I would not expect too many changes with version numbering systems business models like that...

User avatar
toonertik
KVRAF
2037 posts since 15 Feb, 2017 from a worn out vinyl groove

Re: Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:17 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:12 am
Was the 6.0 not just because they ran out of numbers and finally wanted to get harryupbabble to join? The poor guy needs to starve now for 3 days to pay for it...
I would not expect too many changes with version numbering systems business models like that...

^^^This
harryupbabble... nice reference :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”