The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:09 pm party on then :party:
Lol. Let’s not have this conversation again in Wags’ thread ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

jackoo wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:21 pm You can definitely hear the ambience in this track ("My Rifle And Me"), which is an improvement in my opinion.
I also think the vocals stand out now much better than in your previous track.

Also the stereo field feels improved compared to your last track! The track breathes now spatially.

I love the sound of the acoustic guitar in the beginning (as well as in the rest of the track) - sounds great!! Would still experiment to pan the acoustic guitar just a little to the left and the harmonica a bit to the right. But that's just a matter of taste / personal preference.

The lyrics are very interesting, they make you think... I like them!

I think the bass is just a little to loud in at around 1:18. But this is just personal preference.

Maybe also the bassy drum that comes at 0:54 is a little loud, or maybe it's not loudness but it may clash a little with the frequencies of the other instruments. But this is subtle and subjective stuff. I'd leave more of the bass and cut a little the mids of the drum. Or I'm not really sure, perhaps there could be a little too much reverb on that drum.

Overall, I enjoy your mix and the melody! The composition and song writing is nice.

Cheers!
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Glad to hear there is improvement. There's always room for that.

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ijiwaru wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:57 pm So what's the verdict Mr. Tunes? Will we be seeing a greater focus on the burning issues of the day in your music? I'd love to hear your take on an anti-Trump protest song; you've certainly got the voice to carry it.
I think it's best I stay away from controversial issues. I got hell from this place just using the word spastic in a song. So no thanks.

16th and final track from my upcoming CD "Chroma". This one derived from "Light My Fire" by The Doors. Kind of a mini prog tune. Quite a few tracks in this one.

My next CD is going to be titled "2020" and is going to be a double CD with 32 songs. That should keep me busy for a while.

Fire In The Light

Hold on here it comes
There's no stopping it now
Illuminates the sky
The stars they take a bow
The stage is set for the show
Come on girl it's time to go

See the fire in the light
See the fire in the night
You must do what is right
See the fire at its height
It's so out of sight
See the fire in the light

We've waited for so long
For this day to arrive
Performing for us all
Makes everyone feel alive
The stage is set for the show
Come on girl it's time to go

Repeat Chorus

It's finally here
It lights up the sky
It was worth the wait
As it flies on by
A show the ages ain't seen
The lights all blue red and green

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -the-light

wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:51 pm
ijiwaru wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:57 pm So what's the verdict Mr. Tunes? Will we be seeing a greater focus on the burning issues of the day in your music? I'd love to hear your take on an anti-Trump protest song; you've certainly got the voice to carry it.
I think it's best I stay away from controversial issues. I got hell from this place just using the word spastic in a song. So no thanks.
You did not get "hell" at all .. I simply pointed out that the word spastic is considered offensive in the UK. You made it into an issue all by yourself ... :roll:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:57 pm
You did not get "hell" at all .. I simply pointed out that the word spastic is considered offensive in the UK. You made it into an issue all by yourself ... :roll:
Man you just can't stay away from this thread can you. I'm not allowed to mention your name but you can do anything you damn well please here.

You are a real piece of work.

And yes, you DID give me hell. Don't make me quote all the badgering you did to me because of what I said in that song. YOU made the issue out of it. I sure as hell didn't.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:01 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:57 pm
Man you just can't stay away from this thread can you. I'm not allowed to mention your name but you can do anything you damn well please here.

You are a real piece of work.

And yes, you DID give me hell. Don't make me quote all the badgering you did to me because of what I said in that song. YOU made the issue out of it. I sure as hell didn't.
Please do ...

Here's your very first comment after I posted it.
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:14 pm We don't use the word spastic in the UK ... its considered to be abusive to people with disabilities. Very bad taste.
Here's your next comment after I told you to stay the hell out of my thread
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:44 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:31 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:14 pm We don't use the word spastic in the UK ... its considered to be abusive to people with disabilities. Very bad taste.
As I get so little feedback here, I'll take this as a negative comment on the song and mark it as official feedback.

Thank you for the listen (assuming you even bothered) and the comments.

PS - In all honesty, really wish you'd just stay out of this thread. Never any constructive feedback even if it's "Guitar has too much distortion." No, just constant trolling. It gets really tiresome after a while.

Vurt, thank you for your constructive feedback. Appreciate it.
It was meant as constructive criticism, but you have your head so far up your own arse you can't see it.
Here's your next comment inferring that I needed to apologize for using that word.
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:00 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:48 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:44 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:31 pm
As I get so little feedback here, I'll take this as a negative comment on the song and mark it as official feedback.

Thank you for the listen (assuming you even bothered) and the comments.

PS - In all honesty, really wish you'd just stay out of this thread. Never any constructive feedback even if it's "Guitar has too much distortion." No, just constant trolling. It gets really tiresome after a while.

Vurt, thank you for your constructive feedback. Appreciate it.
It was meant as constructive criticism, but you have your head so far up your own arse you can't see it.
Hey man, it was named after a store in New Jersey, one, and two, I don't live in Great Britain and had no intention of offending anybody.

Besides, you think THIS is the only incident? Go through this entire thread and pick out ONE comment you made on any of my songs that was constructive. The only time you ever come here is when you have something to bitch about. So maybe my head is up my ass because you put it there with your constant trolling.
Wow. You cant even apologize without blaming someone else ...
Here's your next comment telling me to change the lyric or my apology means nothing. So WHO'S making an issue out of it?
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:26 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:23 pm ** Public Apology **

I am sorry for anybody who found my song offensive. It was not meant as an attack on any person or group of persons. It was just meant as a song. I hope, with this apology, that we can drop this matter.

Thank you.
So change the offensive lyric to something else, or the apology means nothing.
This went on for 3 pages until Noodlist came to my defense after I was basically called a Nazi.

I posted a song and YOU started the attacks.

Now please, go away or I will start reporting you to the mods for harassment.

Wow. Pure hell. :roll:

Can you quote whoever called you a nazi? I missed that ... and please feel free to report whatever you want. It wont be the first time, will it?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:16 pm Wow. Pure hell. :roll:

Can you quote whoever called you a nazi? I missed that ...
It was Forgotten. That's when Noodlist came to my defense and took up against you as well.

Anyway, this ends now. I have reported you to the mods for your constant trolling of this thread. Every time I say something that you take issue with, even if I don't even refer to you at all, you have to put in your two cents. You never comment on my music. You do nothing but come here and criticize me for something I've said. You are the most toxic person I know here.

Back to the mods, I have requested that they PM you and tell you to stay out of this thread. And I will continue to PM them every time you come back to this thread until they get so sick of me reporting you that they finally tell you to stay away.

I don't know what it is with you. Do you hang on every word I say? Do you go out of your way to find things I say just so you can bust my balls? Are you THAT obsessed with me? I wouldn't ever again in a hundred years go into a thread that you started. In fact, outside of you coming to MY thread to give ME a hard time, I would never even go out of my way to talk to you.

Well this ends now. One way or another, this ends now.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:22 pm

It was Forgotten. That's when Noodlist came to my defense and took up against you as well.

Anyway, this ends now. I have reported you to the mods for your constant trolling of this thread. Every time I say something that you take issue with, even if I don't even refer to you at all, you have to put in your two cents. You never comment on my music. You do nothing but come here and criticize me for something I've said. You are the most toxic person I know here.

Back to the mods, I have requested that they PM you and tell you to stay out of this thread. And I will continue to PM them every time you come back to this thread until they get so sick of me reporting you that they finally tell you to stay away.

I don't know what it is with you. Do you hang on every word I say? Do you go out of your way to find things I say just so you can bust my balls? Are you THAT obsessed with me? I wouldn't ever again in a hundred years go into a thread that you started. In fact, outside of you coming to MY thread to give ME a hard time, I would never even go out of my way to talk to you.

I'm so scared :cry:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:27 pm

I sent a PM to one of the head mods. You should be hearing from him shortly. If this continues, I am sure you will be banned or suspended. Maybe you don't care. But this will stop.

I'd wish you a nice day but I don't want to be a hypocrite.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:35 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:27 pm

I sent a PM to one of the head mods. You should be hearing from him shortly. If this continues, I am sure you will be banned or suspended. Maybe you don't care. But this will stop.

I'd wish you a nice day but I don't want to be a hypocrite.
Oh nos ... not da mods

Wagtunes, thecontrolcentre was not trolling you - "spastic" is indeed a very offensive word in the UK, on the level of "retard" and words such as that. I don't know why you want to control who can post in a thread on a public forum but it's clear to me from reading many of the pages in this thread that you can't handle criticism, legit or otherwise.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Return to “Music Cafe”