Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DC1A DC8C

Guys...

Newsletter 26 November 2019:
Full compatibility with macOS Catalina (10.15) plus VST3 versions
Hi all,
All Klanghelm plugins (incl. the free ones) are now fully compatible with macOs Catalina.
VST3 versions have been added too.

I've revisited each plugin and optimized many small bits here and there and fixed little bugs and potential issues.

The biggest improvement might be, that MJUC takes up to 30% less CPU load in HQ mode.

On Mac, I got rid off the drag-and-drop installer and offer a more convenient pkg installer for the new versions.

The new VUMT- and VUMTdeluxe- installers include the (optional) Standalone version. So no need to download the Standalone app separately.

As announced in the previous newsletter, all Klanghelm plugins are 64bit only now.
If you still require 32bit versions of the plugins you've purchased, please send me an email.

That's all for today. Now back to working on the EQ...

All the best,

Tony

https://www.klanghelm.com

mabian wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:36 am
GreyLion wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:36 am Oh, for Ghod's sake. If 32-bit is such a big deal to you, just buy BridgeWize or another bit-bridge, assuming that you're avoiding Reaper, which has a great one built in. Instead of making our hard-working devs stay stuck in the past.

I say this as a happy user of a couple of 32-bit plugs, most especially CLAS. It's on me, not the dev, after almost fifteen years.
I *am* using the bridge, but drop of 32 bit support means no more fixes and enhancements on that version. And I have projects using the 32 bit version of the plugins. If I can load the same projects with the x64 plugins, totally fine for me. If not... that' s a pity.
Simple as that.

- Mario
I don't have a single project from the past which need "fixed" .dll's - who ever need that anyway and for what?
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:12 am
GreyLion wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:36 am Oh, for Ghod's sake. If 32-bit is such a big deal to you, just buy BridgeWize or another bit-bridge, assuming that you're avoiding Reaper, which has a great one built in. Instead of making our hard-working devs stay stuck in the past.

I say this as a happy user of a couple of 32-bit plugs, most especially CLAS. It's on me, not the dev, after almost fifteen years.
I *am* using the bridge, but drop of 32 bit support means no more fixes and enhancements on that version. And I have projects using the 32 bit version of the plugins. If I can load the same projects with the x64 plugins, totally fine for me. If not... that' s a pity.
Simple as that.

- Mario
I don't have a single project from the past which need "fixed" .dll's - who ever need that anyway and for what?
Good for you...
Some plugins change plugin ID between x86 and x64, so some DAWs see them as different plugins...

I don't know about Klanghelm.
- Mario

mabian wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:25 am
mladi wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:12 am

Simple as that.

- Mario
Good for you...
Some plugins change plugin ID between x86 and x64, so some DAWs see them as different plugins...

I don't know about Klanghelm.
- Mario
So just try and see if it works.

I think I found a small bug:

When switching from EXPERT mode to EASY mode and back, the TILT setting in the Sidechain (internal sidechaining) gets lost (Windows 64 bit VST, DC8C v 3.2.2)

Hey i love this compresor but i have request and bugs/problems cause i already few things i dont like and would for more. I like this compressor and using most time but some things are irrating.

1. in this compressor each easy model initially has enabled that saturation which is only disabled in advanced mode. so when knob is set to zero at easy modes really sound is still saturated even not compressed i checked this out and this is not that good in my opinion. would be good to disable totally that saturation when knob is set to 0 at easy modes.

2. saturation itself this is happening all the time even when not compression is applayed. this is just saturation pre/post that works like any other one knob saturation model. that would be good to control how saturation is applied and when in this compessor for example with knee.

3. there is that most problematic thing i guess. this attack range at easy mode is set max to 30ms. i dont know what is reason of that. isnt that really good to set it max initial position at any modes to at least 250ms ? i dont understand this. i think sometimes is really nessesary to fast get much higher attack value at easy modes.

4. shape of kneees is still unknown. there could be some kind of visualisation of knee shape and maybe hard knee addition ?

Overall i am addicted to this compressor and this sucks somehow cause i like this but feel some problems when using it sometimes. overall 11/10 but please make it 13/10

Is he even developing anymore?
I think it is maintenance mode by the looks of it.
Duh

I've read some (german) interview that he wanted to work on a reverb plugin that was planned to be released in '22. But looks like that didn't happen so far.

Too bad, I really like his compressor and saturation plugins and use them frequently. My personal preference would be to improve or expand on that than going into something so different. But that's of course Tonys choice :)
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

He responded to a support question a few weeks back within hours so would imply still actively checking the support emails at least.

Fannon wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:55 pm I've read some (german) interview that he wanted to work on a reverb plugin that was planned to be released in '22. But looks like that didn't happen so far.
A reverb?

Last I heard he's working on an EQ that was supposed to come out a year or two ago - but it is typical for Tony to absolutely take his time, which is a great thing.
("Deadlines are things you pass on the way to completion." - Peter Gabriel)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I took a liking to Klanghelm plugins...now that I think about it...more than 10 years ago. There is the occasional interview and quite regular maintenance updates, but for whatever reason roll-out of new stuff seems to have ceased. MJUC was in 2015 and the VUMT Deluxe versions hit in 2016? Before talk of a reverb, I remember him working on an EQ - and some people doing beta tests and so on? Whatever the reasons for these delays, I hope Tony's doing fine. It'll be a pleasant surprise when he releases a new plugin.

phoenstorm wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:07 am I took a liking to Klanghelm plugins...now that I think about it...more than 10 years ago. There is the occasional interview and quite regular maintenance updates, but for whatever reason roll-out of new stuff seems to have ceased. MJUC was in 2015 and the VUMT Deluxe versions hit in 2016? Before talk of a reverb, I remember him working on an EQ - and some people doing beta tests and so on? Whatever the reasons for these delays, I hope Tony's doing fine. It'll be a pleasant surprise when he releases a new plugin.
I love the filters in the VUMT Deluxe. An EQ would be dope for sure.
First and foremost: We need great songs (again)

Songwriter101 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:14 pm I love the filters in the VUMT Deluxe. An EQ would be dope for sure.
Period.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

The EQ plugin was being beta tested over two years ago. I think I read he decided to rework that plugin based on feedback he was getting.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Effects”