Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks. I sent them an email just in case.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

cptgone wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:56 pm [hardware] [b-stock]
Looking for a cheap amp sim in a pedal?
Thomann has the Harley Benton California TrueTone and Harley Benton California TrueTone in b-stock right now, won't last long at €24,9 (price may vary a little in your country).
IIRC they're the Joyo pedals, rebranded.
Said to be great for the price, and I never found a cheaper way to get 'em (except used).
They rarely surface in b-stock.
These are bad. Maybe useful if you absolutely need a hardware solution but not anywhere near the quality of plugins.

tdm71 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:39 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:24 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:17 pm Check the vouchers in your account - that's where upgrade discounts beyond the €199 for people who've bought some of the expansions already are lurking.
Yes, already have an 80 euro rewards voucher that expires end of January. It's cool that should be able to upgrade for roughly £100 and gain a whole load of fun new stuff to play with.

Not that I'm anywhere further on from scratching the surface on VV2 and Falcon that I bought a few months ago. There's a lot to explore.

Edit: Just now been emailed a further 30 Euros off voucher because I already owned the Prophecy 10 library. Nice. At this rate they'll be paying me to take VV3 off their hands. And I will, because I'm nice like that.
Did they just email you on their own? I own everything except 3 libraries and it’s still showing me an upgrade price of $199
The upgrade price shows as 199 euros in my case, but I have vouchers (an 80 euro one UVI sent me in an email at the end of the year as a 'reward' for things I'd bought that year - Falcon, VV2, P10, some expansions and a 30 euro one I got today because I already owned P10 and VV2) I can apply too. I'm not sure if they stack, but I'll have to wait patiently for payday in a couple of weeks to find out.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

tdm71 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:39 pm Did they just email you on their own? I own everything except 3 libraries and it’s still showing me an upgrade price of $199
Check the vouchers section of your account.

Though it's less favorable for me this time around, despite having spent more. Anyone else have the same experience?
I'll be less prone to buy the packs upon release in the future and just wait for the VV upgrade instead.

Anyone get a Plugin Alliance voucher yet? I thought for sure it would of come by now.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I did this morning, but no indication of upcoming sales.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:15 pm I did this morning, but no indication of upcoming sales.
yeah they are useless without a sale. Their regular price are way out of touch with the current state of the market.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Sampletekk has a nice sale ($1.20 harpsichord, $9.90 for 7CG Super detailed multisampled Grand Piano, others... ending Monday)... but the sample tracks all seem to be stuck on "loading"?...

Found some demos on Youtube though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5G85u3C_wc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAQ8M0Zf1DE

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:15 pm I did this morning, but no indication of upcoming sales.
There's a good chance that the there's going to be a new Class A version of the SHMC along with TMT released before the end of January (maybe something that will be announced at NAMM?). Dirk showed a screenshot of it on their Facebook page. While there's not been any mentions, I would expect that there would be a sale on it when it's released and a discounted "crossgrade" price for those that already own the original SHMC.

It’s an interesting idea. I had a real SHMC for a short period and didn’t find it to be even close to worth the money but using it on multiple channels with TMT is an interesting idea. The switchable transformers were the best part of it.

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:21 am Sampletekk has a nice sale ($1.20 harpsichord, $9.90 for 7CG Super detailed multisampled Grand Piano, others... ending Monday)... but the sample tracks all seem to be stuck on "loading"?...

Found some demos on Youtube though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5G85u3C_wc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAQ8M0Zf1DE
Thanks for the heads up, snagged that 7CG for $10, not bad! :)
A well-behaved signature.

mgw38 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:26 pm B-stock is a bit hit and miss. I had an outstanding experience with a pair of Audeze b-stock headphones and a massive disappointment with a Roli b-stock item.
I've had no problems with my b-stock effect pedals, power supplies and pedal board. Some looked like they had hardly been unpacked before.
I reckon such items are pretty safe, when bought from a trustworthy shop.
And there's always the warranty - you don't get that when buying used.
Another advantage compared to used goods: one shouldn't have to worry about counterfeit.

OTOH, I once read a customer's review that stated a b-stock pedal arrived tampered-with. The customer was angry that the shop had asked the item back in return for a refund, he said he kept it AND the refund.
(Another thing to be wary of when buying used pedals, I guess, esp. if they contain "unobtainium" parts)

SolarAxix wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:11 am
There's a good chance that the there's going to be a new Class A version of the SHMC along with TMT released before the end of January (maybe something that will be announced at NAMM?). Dirk showed a screenshot of it on their Facebook page. While there's not been any mentions, I would expect that there would be a sale on it when it's released and a discounted "crossgrade" price for those that already own the original SHMC.
If PA stick to type, there will be a flash sale price at some point that significantly undercuts the crossgrade or upgrade price. Also, because they want to push the subscription option, at least for the moment, I expect the upgrade will be "reassuringly expensive".

Didn't get a PA voucher this month, think I've spent under the required amount with them in the last 12 months.

Pretty much bought nothing from them since they changed the discount scheme, used to get the occasional few quid going their way via impulse puchases, even if in hindsight I didn't really have much use for them. Having less spare cash has definitely made me more discerning, even if I can't resell them without ridiculous fees.

+1

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”