Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

Astromann wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:53 am Does anyone know if it has separators???
i think the 6 theme has separator

you can put separators on any theme by paste this to rtconfig (making backup first)

tcp's
-----snip---
Layout "Separator" "separator"
clear tcp.*
set tcp.size [400 10 10 1]
Endlayout
-----snip----
mcp
-----snip----
Layout "Separator" "separatormcp"
clear mcp*
set mcp.size [10 319]
set mcp.extmixer.mode [1]
set mcp.extmixer.position [0]
Endlayout
-----snip----

electronic115 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:27 pm
Audio~Geek wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:46 pm you could just turn off "free item positioning" for the track.
the thing is that I want Lane tracks, A.K.A mini tracks inside a track
like Reason
but I think I found what I was looking
this Script
Where can i get this script ?

dupont wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:19 pm Where can i get this script ?
in the cockos Script forum. but it doesn't work on reaper 6 until they update it
this is the only thing I want in reaper, Lane Tracks

electronic115 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:44 pm
dupont wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:19 pm Where can i get this script ?
in the cockos Script forum. but it doesn't work on reaper 6 until they update it
this is the only thing I want in reaper, Lane Tracks
Thanks. I wish Cockos implement a vertical snap for free item positioning.

I just noticed the bpm tap feature, is that new or had I just never seen it before? Either way, it is useful :)

e-crooner wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:00 pm I just noticed the bpm tap feature, is that new or had I just never seen it before? Either way, it is useful :)
Always been there, at least for more than a year.

Can anyone help me please with regards to continuous encoder knobs and mod/expression pedals please

Knobs wise I'm trying to get to not jump so would like relative I believe but no matter how I learn in reaper (tried all three relative modes) if I tweak in saw then use knob it jumps to previous hardware knob value ...rather than gradual change from the in daw settings

Ref mod wheel and expression wheel I record using midi what I think sounds real nice but then on playback the mod wheel and expression midi is different values - so this time almost opposite problem it seems to start from whatever value is currently set live in the daw rather than value it was when I was playing

So say I started off melow lots of filter cutoff with mod wheel down bottom and fade up and down as expression during record great. But if I playback and I've tweaked the cutoff value or played live since when I playback the midi it jumps to that value in start of playback and it sounds not right at all

Any ideas please keyboard is a MOXF

exponent1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:30 am
e-crooner wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:00 pm I just noticed the bpm tap feature, is that new or had I just never seen it before? Either way, it is useful :)
Always been there, at least for more than a year.
Embarrassing :oops: I never noticed :hihi:

No browser???
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:23 pm No browser???
Not sure what you mean. Reaper has had a file browser for a long time now. But yes, it doesn't have a consolidated search for plugins, racks or files at the moment. But those are all searchable individually.

If you are working remotely and/or social distancing and would like to use REAPER at home, you can download a temporary REAPER license (license key valid through the end of June 2020)
Link - http://cockos.com/reaper/reaper_2020_te ... icense.txt

Nice move from Cockos :clap: :tu:

Yeah.
It also says you can copy the license to the clipboard and Reaper will recognize it at startup.
Should it be a concern that Reaper reads your clipboard?
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:27 pm Yeah.
It also says you can copy the license to the clipboard and Reaper will recognize it at startup.
I thought you hate stupidity. What's with the stupid question then?

chk071 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
If you think it’s stupid, then I’m onto something.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:07 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
If you think it’s stupid, then I’m onto something.
What do you think the clipboard is for if not being read by programms??

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”