Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got a $50 voucher that's great! Will wait till some interesting flash sale pop up.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Uncle E wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:13 am It’s an interesting idea. I had a real SHMC for a short period and didn’t find it to be even close to worth the money but using it on multiple channels with TMT is an interesting idea. The switchable transformers were the best part of it.
https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... el-plugin/

Try this in conjunction with your plugins/channels
Amazon: why not use an alternative

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:24 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:21 am Sampletekk has a nice sale ($1.20 harpsichord, $9.90 for 7CG Super detailed multisampled Grand Piano, others... ending Monday)... but the sample tracks all seem to be stuck on "loading"?...

Found some demos on Youtube though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5G85u3C_wc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAQ8M0Zf1DE
Thanks for the heads up, snagged that 7CG for $10, not bad! :)
Very nice indeed and the price is ridiculous.
Just FYI (because you get no direct info from Sampletekk about that afaik):
1) These are mostly the "old" MKI NOT MKII versions (!)
2) They are for download as a lot (!) of very small zip/rar files ~190-400MB each
(so not really what you would expect from a pro company)
3) The downloads are only available for ~2 weeks after purchase !
(that's even worse than the IK download policy)
...not a dealbreaker for me but I was surprised when realizing all the above AFTER I had bought 2 pianos.

You can always ask Per for fresh download links, even years later.

+1 Sampletekk support has been great!

G

Indeed, I just asked Per to restore a purchase I made in 2014 and using a completely different account, and he had me sorted out in a couple hours. He's one of the good guys.

I picked up White Grand and it's lovely - it sounds just like every Billy Joel song ever. Black Grand is a fantastic Steinway. I'll pass on 7CG and TBO because, after listening to demos on youtube, it just confirms for me that I really don't like the sound of Yamaha grands. But if you do, those are good ones.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Nobdi wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:50 pm1) These are mostly the "old" MKI NOT MKII versions (!)
That's true, but as a note, the Mk I versions are available in HALion and EXS24 formats as well as Kontakt. MkII ones are Kontakt-only. Might be relevant for some.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:44 am
Nobdi wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:50 pm1) These are mostly the "old" MKI NOT MKII versions (!)
That's true, but as a note, the Mk I versions are available in HALion and EXS24 formats as well as Kontakt. MkII ones are Kontakt-only. Might be relevant for some.
Tx - forgot to mention that.
As I said: Great products, super price, just a lack of a bit of pre-sale information ... again: no deal breakers here. :wink:

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:39 pm
Uncle E wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:13 am It’s an interesting idea. I had a real SHMC for a short period and didn’t find it to be even close to worth the money but using it on multiple channels with TMT is an interesting idea. The switchable transformers were the best part of it.
https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... el-plugin/

I always thought the tmt thing was a cheap joke. Now they're going to copy and paste the tmt code into a 10 yo plugin that even in its hardware version is, at the very least, doubtful... and probably sell it for $300... $199 on sale. Awesome, So excited.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:39 pm https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... el-plugin/

Thank you!

Nobdi wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:35 am
Ceej wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:44 am
Tx - forgot to mention that.
As I said: Great products, super price, just a lack of a bit of pre-sale information ... again: no deal breakers here. :wink:
Not clear on whether their pianos have round robins or not---not mentioned in "Piano Comparison" chart. For the White Grand: "an astonishing 32 different velocity samples, not only layers, but 32 DIFFERENT samples per note, (plus 4 release samples)" so I guess that leaves no room for round robins?

Likewise for TBO: "TBO has 93 unique samples/recorded notes.
We are talking about 31 velocity layers pedal up, 31 pedal down and 31 release samples."

Unless you are making all the velocities the same, that effectively is a round robin.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:51 am Unless you are making all the velocities the same, that effectively is a round robin.
Round robin should be if they said they had additional samples per each velocity.... 32 different velocities and as an example, 3 different samples per each velocity, which would total 96 samples per note, but if they say 32 samples per note, and 32 velocities (assumed to be per note), then there's no round robin (unless velocity response is random per note and yes, that could be considered round robin).

Sorry, what I mean is you'll rarely (if ever) hear the same sample twice in a row if you're playing the part. 32 velocities means a different sample ever 4 velocity levels and people don't play that consistently.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:19 am Sorry, what I mean is you'll rarely (if ever) hear the same sample twice in a row if you're playing the part. 32 velocities means a different sample ever 4 velocity levels and people don't play that consistently.
But you're assuming people are playing their notes in... and unfortunately, I'm encountering more and more people less willing to play in their notes, or are of the type to play in once, then copy/paste sections so most velocities levels triggered are consistent.

Then again... a piano library would hopefully appeal to the piano player, so I hope you are right! 8)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”