DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1980 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:54 am

stamp wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:36 pm
- I have autoselect on in settings. When you're tweaking parameters of a pad's sampler and select another pad it will switch to the view with volume and sends.
Is it possible, in a future update, to make it stay inside the device editing when changing pad?
I looked into this when implementing it but this is too difficult (if even possible) due to the way the API works.
stamp wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:36 pm
- Is there a way to copy/paste notes? If not, can you implement it?
What would be the use-case with that and where should that appear?

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1980 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:01 am

daw.one wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:51 pm
moss wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:26 am
Version 8.60 is online!
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Long press notes in Drum, Drum 4 and Drum 8 Sequencers to edit it.
Thank you for all your hard work! This is Awesome. Does this mean it's also possible to alter the Note Start position in the Drum Sequencer?
Sadly, no.

aphex2000
KVRer
1 posts since 1 Nov, 2019

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:46 am

Moss, danke für deine super Arbeit!

I have an issue with the Maschine Mikro MK3 script with the pads in Events mode, it's also visible on your youtube video so maybe i just misunderstand how it should work:

I see the buttons & octave roots as per scale perfectly but when playing pads 4&5, 8&9 and 12&13 always light up in parallel and send the same note.

I tried to dig into the note mapping / scale functionality but not sure if this is done on Bitwig or Script side. Any pointers? Sorry if i'm just misunderstanding the functionality.

User avatar
stamp
KVRian
769 posts since 10 Sep, 2014

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:48 am

moss wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:54 am
stamp wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:36 pm
- Is there a way to copy/paste notes? If not, can you implement it?
What would be the use-case with that and where should that appear?
I think this is needed inside the note and the drum sequencers. Now that we have all these parameters for notes that we can modify, we would want to copy a note instead of going trough the hassle of making all the modifications to notes again and again.
Just an example:
You want to make a snare fill where the notes grow in velocity and in lenght (and maybe in pitch, too). As is it now you have to make a lot of work to set up every single note to your liking. If you could copy notes; you create the first note, copy it, increase velocity and lenght slightly, copy last note, increase... etc.
In Ableton you hold the duplicate button, press the note you want to copy and then, while still holding duplicate, press where you want to copy the note. As long as you hold the duplicate button every new note will be like the one you copied. I use this a lot in Ableton and it's really handy.

User avatar
hexfarmer
KVRer
17 posts since 9 Jan, 2020

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:02 am

moss wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:15 am
hexfarmer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 am
moss wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:23 am
Download Version 7.60 from my homepage, which supports all Bitwig versions from 2.4 upwards.
Hi Moss, I did as you suggested, I installed 7.60 and almost everything is good
(beatstep + bitwig 3.02)
- big knob moves time cursor
- pads are working
- *some of the knobs are working as well

however I am unable to change modes.
for example I am trying to get into the "play" mode and so I hold shift while pressing the third-from left top pad but nothing happens.
no matter what, (for example) the far-right bottom knob is always adjusting crossfade no matter how many times I try to change the mode.

Perhaps the 7.60 version has different controls? I am only able to find one set of instructions for beatstep so Im not sure if it applies to all versions or only to the newest one.

please advise and thanks again!
Load the respective template from the folder resources/Beatstep into the device by using Arturias Midi Control Center.
I have done this.
midi control center says version 7.60 is loaded.
everything I described above is with 7.60 loaded into beatstep and using bitwig 3.02

elnn
KVRist
322 posts since 4 Nov, 2011 from Tleat

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:18 am

Is it at all possible to implement per-step automation editing? If yes, do you have it in your sights yet?
Cheers!
Brzzzzzzt.

aon
KVRist
55 posts since 25 Dec, 2006

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:12 pm

Would it be possible to change Note Repeat Period using the 1/32t to 1/4 buttons like in Ableton?

Cheers,

Andreas

User avatar
turbo_kev
KVRian
570 posts since 18 Dec, 2014

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:33 pm

Hi Mr Moss
I have noticed that there is a firm wear update for the icon m+
should I update it ?
or wait until you say its ok

cheers
kev
BWS V.3, Spark LE, V Collection 7, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep, keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Focusrite Scarlett 8i6,LP Pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute, TR8S

vincenzoml
KVRist
63 posts since 26 Feb, 2014

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi, a very simple question to all: when another clip has been selected in bitwig, how can I return to the clip I was sequencing? A clip in another track stays selected forever unless I use the mouse to click on it; I want to do that from the launchpad (pro).

vincenzoml
KVRist
63 posts since 26 Feb, 2014

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:43 pm

I have more questions (I really want to learn to use this sequencer thing!): how do I delete notes? Is there an easy way to delete all the clip notes without deleting the clip?

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1980 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:31 am

aphex2000 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:46 am
Moss, danke für deine super Arbeit!

I have an issue with the Maschine Mikro MK3 script with the pads in Events mode, it's also visible on your youtube video so maybe i just misunderstand how it should work:

I see the buttons & octave roots as per scale perfectly but when playing pads 4&5, 8&9 and 12&13 always light up in parallel and send the same note.

I tried to dig into the note mapping / scale functionality but not sure if this is done on Bitwig or Script side. Any pointers? Sorry if i'm just misunderstanding the functionality.
This layout offsets the next row by 4. This allows to easily play chords with the same pattern, e.g. try pads 1,6,3 and move this pattern around.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1980 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:36 am

stamp wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:48 am
moss wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:54 am
stamp wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:36 pm
- Is there a way to copy/paste notes? If not, can you implement it?
What would be the use-case with that and where should that appear?
I think this is needed inside the note and the drum sequencers. Now that we have all these parameters for notes that we can modify, we would want to copy a note instead of going trough the hassle of making all the modifications to notes again and again.
Just an example:
You want to make a snare fill where the notes grow in velocity and in lenght (and maybe in pitch, too). As is it now you have to make a lot of work to set up every single note to your liking. If you could copy notes; you create the first note, copy it, increase velocity and lenght slightly, copy last note, increase... etc.
In Ableton you hold the duplicate button, press the note you want to copy and then, while still holding duplicate, press where you want to copy the note. As long as you hold the duplicate button every new note will be like the one you copied. I use this a lot in Ableton and it's really handy.
Yes, that makes sense.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1980 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:43 am

hexfarmer wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:02 am
I have done this.
midi control center says version 7.60 is loaded.
everything I described above is with 7.60 loaded into beatstep and using bitwig 3.02
Is the global MIDI channel set to 3? Sorry, besides that I have no further idea.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1980 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:47 am

aon wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:12 pm
Would it be possible to change Note Repeat Period using the 1/32t to 1/4 buttons like in Ableton?
I was thinking about this and would like to keep the scene start feature in play mode. Instead you can now use the ribbon to change the period or length, which I think is way cooler.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1980 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:51 am

elnn wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:18 am
Is it at all possible to implement per-step automation editing? If yes, do you have it in your sights yet?
Cheers!
No, that is currently not possible.

Return to “Controller Scripting”