TAL Mod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

The sine waves on the wave selectors seem to be of the wrong color.

I also suggest:
- adding a Discard button so that when one changes GUI colors and it looks worse than before, one can discard the changes
- replacing the OK button with a Save As button so that one can add 5 user GUI schemes to be listed next to the lower color scale
- making the position markers on knob heads the same color that is set in the NE quadrant of the color picker window

I also noticed that when using 1 voice and legato, i.e. mono mode, velocity modulations of cutoff or volume only seem to affect the first key pressed, not the follow up keys. I.e., if you hit the first key too hard, that will be carried over to all following keys.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42 pm Besides , for all your step sequencer duties ( and beyond ) , check out loomer architect .
That looks confusing and unappealing at first blush. For 'classic' step sequencing, the best tool is still easily Numerology from Five12 (well, if you have a mac).

For old school sequencing (not an arpeggiator, a real step-sequencer) my preference is simply a freeware. But a great freeware ! : SequencAir.

It is inspired from a famous Korg sequencer of the 70's.

Here you have a quick demo (the actual demo begins at 1:10, and starting at 6:30 you have a demo using it to drive any external synth, the example being with a U-He synth):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xA6whobJTA

Honestly, a good old school step-sequencer as this one is a plugin which is really lacking in Patrick's catalogue.
:pray:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Why would we need a step sequencer specifically from TAL?
Only reason i could think of if it was polyphonic/polyrhythmic like an enhanced Tenori-on and could directly modulate all TAL synth parameters
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

e-crooner wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:49 pm Does this synth also suffer from the timing issues (dotted etc.) of the U-NO-LX?

Meanwhile I have been playing around with some of the factory presets, that synth sounds really great, one of the best soft synths I have ever heard. Clearly better than Diva in my view. But it comes at a price, the CPU load is very high with some patches :o
It's not that the synth had any timing issues ( as in errors ) , it's just that patrick ( the developer ) was confused about triplet versus dotted notes etc..
He interchanged them , but now all is good ( I think he got it now )

I agree about Talmod , I jumped on it right away from the verry first beta ..still use it every single day :tu:
And the developers is just ACE
HAIL TAL :clap:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

e-crooner wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:56 pm The sine waves on the wave selectors seem to be of the wrong color.

I also suggest:
- adding a Discard button so that when one changes GUI colors and it looks worse than before, one can discard the changes
- replacing the OK button with a Save As button so that one can add 5 user GUI schemes to be listed next to the lower color scale
- making the position markers on knob heads the same color that is set in the NE quadrant of the color picker window

I also noticed that when using 1 voice and legato, i.e. mono mode, velocity modulations of cutoff or volume only seem to affect the first key pressed, not the follow up keys. I.e., if you hit the first key too hard, that will be carried over to all following keys.
Slightly adjust the portamento time while holding ctrl , this way envelopes will not be re-triggered
Eyeball exchanging

mholloway wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:57 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42 pm Besides , for all your step sequencer duties ( and beyond ) , check out loomer architect .
That looks confusing and unappealing at first blush. For 'classic' step sequencing, the best tool is still easily Numerology from Five12 (well, if you have a mac).
Why ?
Architect far surpasses numerology in every single way , just wait untill colin is ready with the macro library .
The sequencers in architect are beyond incredible
Eyeball exchanging

The developer is seriously beyond awesome
About a week ago I asked for thinner cables , which are now there in 1.5.2
So great
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:08 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:56 pm The sine waves on the wave selectors seem to be of the wrong color.

I also suggest:

Slightly adjust the portamento time while holding ctrl , this way envelopes will not be re-triggered
Not sure what you mean. What I described doesn't have anything to do with retriggering. When I set the number of voices to 1 and switch portamento on, I get the mono mode without retriggering. The problem is that when I have a modulation velocity->cutoff, the cutoff value of the first key played is carried over to the next keys, regardless of how hard I hit the keys.
In Sylenth1 every new key's specific velocity value is considered. That is more expressive.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:03 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:49 pm Does this synth also suffer from the timing issues (dotted etc.) of the U-NO-LX?

Meanwhile I have been playing around with some of the factory presets, that synth sounds really great, one of the best soft synths I have ever heard. Clearly better than Diva in my view. But it comes at a price, the CPU load is very high with some patches :o
It's not that the synth had any timing issues ( as in errors ) , it's just that patrick ( the developer ) was confused about triplet versus dotted notes etc..
He interchanged them , but now all is good ( I think he got it now )

I agree about Talmod , I jumped on it right away from the verry first beta ..still use it every single day :tu:
And the developers is just ACE
HAIL TAL :clap:
Same here - beta since day 1. Love it.

I think a new bug slipped in , the osc's always re-trigger (same phase ) even when re-trigger is off

Edit , it seems that the osc's re-trigger when retrig is off , and don't when re-trigger is ON
So maybe it's just a gui issue
Eyeball exchanging

The sine wave symbols are a bit washed out ( different colour ) because these can not be synced and because it's the only waveform that is used when doinf FM from osc 2 ---> osc 1
Eyeball exchanging

Found a new bug
Osc sync does not work when sync master ( osc 3 ) is set to triangle wave
Eyeball exchanging

In case you didn´t know it, we have a dedicated TAL forum here:
viewforum.php?f=165

enCiphered wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:38 pm In case you didn´t know it, we have a dedicated TAL forum here:
viewforum.php?f=165
I suppose he knows as he has already posted there :wink:

Return to “Instruments”