AC222
KVRian
947 posts since 17 Jun, 2012

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:43 am

lajosuti wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:46 am
AC222 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:24 am
I am confused by the cabinet offerings included. The interface looks like a 2d visual that allows you to place the mic in space (side to side and distance) and lists a bunch of cabs (uberkab, marshall, and mesa). I can't tell from the site if these are physically modeled algorithms or impulses. Then it also says that Redwirez impulses are included so when you move the speaker position around on the grid are you moving Redwirez impulses or something else?

I got kind of excited on another thread that says Mercuriall the same Volterra tech as Acustica but the only reference I see to that is some reference to a free Hiwatt sampled cab and that's not particularly useful for me. It doesn't sound like the cabs in this package use that Volterra tech.
It uses IR, you just get to find the ir file using the 2d gui instead of browsing for files.
Thanks, lajosuti. Yo da man! :hihi:

lajosuti
KVRist
135 posts since 25 Jan, 2014

Re: Mercuriall "ReAxis"

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:38 am

Barmaleus wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:15 pm
lajosuti wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:06 am
Hi! I have two questions:
1 is it possible to overload the poweramp with the preamp, and can I detect it?
2 where is the new product? :)
Hi!

1. No idea, I'll ask. What's the purpose of this action?
2. In the works =) Nothing to announce yet, but we'll get here!
I never had a triaxis hardware, so I don't know if I could ruin the poweramp response with setting the gain and master values high on the preamp. If these would be two different plugins, I would just put a VU meter between them to keep an eye on the levels.

But this is really just a minor question, I can just turn it up and down and listen; probably I was bored during the weekend, I am sorry. :) Looking forward to hearing some good news (new plugin release :)).

Barmaleus
KVRist
157 posts since 24 Dec, 2016

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Ah, I see.
Well, you CAN ruin the sound theoretically - it will sound like shit ) But that's unlikely. Just use the settings that work for you and sound good to you. That's all =)

There is a bigger chance to get non-desired distortion by setting up the master volume on the poweramp too high. Like, having it on 10 will probably not sound awesome (needs to be tested, of course).

New product > I personally think it will be badass =)

tappert
KVRist
147 posts since 27 Apr, 2012

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:39 am

Barmaleus wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:15 pm
2. In the works =) Nothing to announce yet
Even under torture? :D

Barmaleus
KVRist

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:47 am

I'll hide in my den! :D

kos71
KVRer
2 posts since 19 Jun, 2014

Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:02 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello
I am also a fan of AMT elecronics.
I have a question, how can I use Mercuriall Audio live by changing my preset midi pedals?
My DAW is Sonar X3 and M-Audio 610 sound card.
Thanks in advance
papadakis06@gmail.com (mailto:papadakis06@gmail.com)

Barmaleus
KVRist

Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:09 am

kos71 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:02 am
Hello
I am also a fan of AMT elecronics.
I have a question, how can I use Mercuriall Audio live by changing my preset midi pedals?
My DAW is Sonar X3 and M-Audio 610 sound card.
Thanks in advance
papadakis06@gmail.com
Hi!

Our plugins do not have a built-in MIDI support, but you can use the usual DAW midi capabilities.
How exactly the DAW manages that, needs to be looked up in the DAW manual.

kos71
KVRer
2 posts since 19 Jun, 2014

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:55 am

Hello
If i understood well i would have to load the mercurial re axis so many times according to how many sounds i want to create ?

Barmaleus
KVRist

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:08 am

kos71 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:55 am
Hello
If i understood well i would have to load the mercurial re axis so many times according to how many sounds i want to create ?
You can have a "sound per track" solution, why not.

But you can also use the built-in DAW midi learn.

Return to “Effects”