Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yellowmix wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:18 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:41 am I was looking for a good Kontakt drum library with round robins.
If you're open to non-Kontakt, I highly recommend Addictive Drums 2. It's currently on flash sale in different configurations. For $120 you can get your choice of 3 different kits (plus 3 individual percussions instruments and 3 MIDI packs). They are generally 12-16 velocity layers with 4-8 round robin per layer especially near the louder velocities.

So it's effectively $40 a kit plus MIDI. There's also a "Custom XL" for $198 for 6 of each which makes it $33/kit and covers a ton of use cases. You don't have to make your selections immediately either, you can take as long as you want.
I'd mainly prefer Kontakt to save space on my primary hard drive (sample libraries being on the secondary drive). But I should demo Addictive Drums run from my secondary drive... many Kontakt libraries have their own engines anyway, so there might not be much of a difference. The flash sale is for $120 but it looks like they do a 50% off sale every season, and if I wait until February or March it should be $74.

Anyone have a PA voucher code they don't need this month? I want to pick up the VH4 plugin before the flash sale is over. :D

You're welcome to any of the voucher codes I've received but they seem to all be tied to specific plugins (MC77, Herbert, HG-2).

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:48 am You're welcome to any of the voucher codes I've received but they seem to all be tied to specific plugins (MC77, Herbert, HG-2).
Actually as it turns out, the VH4 plugin is the one that I'm more interested in. Forgot they had two different Diezel heads, and the current coupon is for the Herbert.

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:31 pm I'd mainly prefer Kontakt to save space on my primary hard drive (sample libraries being on the secondary drive).
XLN lets you install samples/data to any location of your choosing. I have everything of theirs on my sample/sampled instrument RAID array. In a worst case scenario (for other libraries), you can try symbolic links if you're on Windows. I do this with less cooperative libraries, though it fails in some instances but that is rare, and using junctions can fix it.

Also, yes, XLN does a 50% sale periodically, the Spring sale should be coming up relatively soon.

yellowmix wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:52 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:31 pm I'd mainly prefer Kontakt to save space on my primary hard drive (sample libraries being on the secondary drive).
XLN lets you install samples/data to any location of your choosing. I have everything of theirs on my sample/sampled instrument RAID array. In a worst case scenario (for other libraries), you can try symbolic links if you're on Windows. I do this with less cooperative libraries, though it fails in some instances but that is rare, and using junctions can fix it.

Also, yes, XLN does a 50% sale periodically, the Spring sale should be coming up relatively soon.
The issue is that the programs themselves (not counting samples) can take up > 500 MB, and that can add up. I'm a few gb away from negatively affecting my primary drive (SSD). The XLN demo said it would require 500 MB of free space on my primary drive but only seems to have taken up about 200 MB on it, which isn't too bad, but still worse than 0. I uninstalled FL Studio to help make space.

Last year the 50% off sale started on February 20th ("Spring sale"?... well the lunar new year is called "Spring Festival" in China, and that just happened...).

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:06 am
Grab WizTree and see what's eating up your space. I don't know what you've got but I've got a tiny mirrored 256GB primary drive and aside from many plugins there are multiple DAWs, heavy-duty apps for graphic design, video, photography, software development, and more, with plenty of room to spare. I symlinked all factory presets to my RAID 1 striped sample drive for speed. They take up more space than most people realize (especially wavetables), my symlinked presets folder is a little over 120GB, not counting big doozies like Spectrasonics and Native Instruments (which can be relocated within app). I keep my primary intentionally small so I can make and keep daily backups for several months. It's saved my ass a few times. The factory presets, which rarely change, are on a different backup schedule.

The bulk of plugin storage space though is due to raster graphics and there's no much one can do about that. Thankfully devs like u-He put all that data in a relocatable folder, many don't (or it's embedded in the executable file). XLN does require that 200mb on the primary for AD2. But honestly if you're that hard up for space it's time to upgrade or move/archive files. That's like 20 minutes of a stereo WAV recording! I don't know how you can make music with so little space unless you render straight from MIDI.

The quoted 500mb btw, is most likely for installation, counting the downloaded installer file, which would be likely deleted. So double the final storage space. Should have at least 15% of your primary drive free on Windows and more than 25% on SSDs (to reduce wear).
Last edited by yellowmix on Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tappistry wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:16 am Anyone have a PA voucher code they don't need this month? I want to pick up the VH4 plugin before the flash sale is over. :D
Sharing PA monthly codes is not allowed anymore I think.

Ryan99 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:36 am
Tappistry wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:16 am Anyone have a PA voucher code they don't need this month? I want to pick up the VH4 plugin before the flash sale is over. :D
I thought they just made a minimum purchase, I never saw them say you can't share them.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

izotope is becoming like waves. :S

ATS wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:06 am
Ryan99 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:36 am
I thought they just made a minimum purchase, I never saw them say you can't share them.
It has never been "allowed" and it has never been enforced. People still buy and sell or offer for free those vouchers just like before. If it takes 8 months to change a paragraph on their website, think how long it can take until those codes are actually linked to specific accounts... or how long it will take for them to take care of bugs... or make those plugins re-sizable... or... well, you know.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Ploki wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:58 pm izotope is becoming like waves. :S
Explain

Vleker wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:55 pm
Ploki wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:58 pm izotope is becoming like waves. :S
Explain
It's been on sale for the last 2 months now...

Native Instruments has a Heavyocity 50% off sale---so if I'm reading correctly Vocalise 2 has tempo sync, but Vocalise 1 and Mosaic Voices (which came out after Vocalise 2) don't? But I think I prefer the demos for 1 and Mosaic Voices....

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:53 pm Native Instruments has a Heavyocity 50% off sale---so if I'm reading correctly Vocalise 2 has tempo sync, but Vocalise 1 and Mosaic Voices (which came out after Vocalise 2) don't? But I think I prefer the demos for 1 and Mosaic Voices....
Wow. How many times NI have had heaviocity deals. ?? I must be seeing them every few months.

here's to hoping for some U-he dealz comin up.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”