Can anyone recommend SampleRobot, or Samplit (or suggest another semi-automatic sampler) ... ?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am interested in Sample Robot but I'm having issues with the demo. Can someone who owns Sample Robot 6 please comment on this:

Maybe it's a trial limitation, but when I export my VST sampled instruments the loop points are not preserved in the WAV files. Does the paid version actually correctly export WAV loop points? I can't afford to find this out the hard way. $$

Thanks.

The trial limits to sf2 export so I didn't know if the WAV loop points are just not available in trial export, but hopefully full version. Thank you kindly.

dunked wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:04 pm I am interested in Sample Robot but I'm having issues with the demo. Can someone who owns Sample Robot 6 please comment on this:

Maybe it's a trial limitation, but when I export my VST sampled instruments the loop points are not preserved in the WAV files. Does the paid version actually correctly export WAV loop points? I can't afford to find this out the hard way. $$

Thanks.

The trial limits to sf2 export so I didn't know if the WAV loop points are just not available in trial export, but hopefully full version. Thank you kindly.
I would say ask their support@ in terms of limitations.
For me it preserves the loop points in WAVs. Did you export them correctly?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

MasterTuner wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:51 pm
dunked wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:04 pm I am interested in Sample Robot but I'm having issues with the demo. Can someone who owns Sample Robot 6 please comment on this:

Thanks.

I would say ask their support@ in terms of limitations.
For me it preserves the loop points in WAVs. Did you export them correctly?
Hi. The trial only allows SF2 export so those WAVs that export with the SF2 don't show loop points in Reaper, Studio One, or Kontakt. However, strangely enough, in Extreme Sample Converter those WAVs ****do*** have loop points in them.

So weird that other applications can't see these loop points?

Could a kind soul please answer this simple question? I'm considering buying SampleRobot but can't understand even after reading the whole PDF manual page by page. The LSR results. I see them numbered, I know what they are. But how in the world can I play the various other LSR options to know if I'd rather use those then the loop points SampleRobot found in auto-loop?

What good are they? Just to show you but how can you loop them and test them out to hear if they are better 1,2,3,4,5 vs. the auto loop please?

chickeneps wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:40 pm
Chicken Systems Translator Autosampler works very well, the only "problem" is the GUI which looks outdated. I've had good results with it and it's probably the most competent and reliable auto-sampler.
There's a lot with a auto-sampler that relies on the sound drivers an how it's set up. Plus Windows is vastly more complicated and error-prone than Mac systems. So some of the YMMV may be related to that. Regardless, thanks for the kind Chicken Systems words; as for the oudated GUI, I think that can be tolerated? All it is is OS-standard checkbox/popupmenu/text fields/sliders/push-buttons etc. Maybe just call it "vintage"? =)
Can someone tell me if autosampler is working on OSX Mojave or even high sierra.
From my experience on mojave is not working at all and in sierra it just records from inputs 1-2.
Filed a bug report and waiting for support.

It definitely does here, on both macOS. Firsthand knowledge. Please refer to what you quoted from us: there's a lot that relies on outside drivers and your setup and how you are using it. One thing I will say that if you are doing internal work, that you use the latest SoundFlower, or try the new BlackHole thing. Also, there is the new VB-Audio for Mac, but I personally haven't tried that yet. Please wait for the support from Chicken Systems in your case.
Garth Hjelte
Chicken Systems, Inc.
support@chickensys.com
http://www.chickensys.com

Well actually i really doubt that it works for you. Even the built in core drivers are not working in autosampler. Previewing of samples in the audio editor does. I think the whole application is lame with regard to calls to OSX (Mojave) system. I am not a programmer but the whole behaviour of Translator seems like that you may have missed libraries on how you call some apple event(reveal in finder not working). Anyway I am not really sure what to expect from support. We'll see however I am not that optimistic about it.

I tried it on both operating systems before I replied to this forum post. I have no reason to lie about it.

Please understand, you aren't the first person to not understand that computers are complicated and that, even with large supposedly "perfect" apps, local issues are many and can easily get in the way, even to the best of us. It's not like a toaster.
Garth Hjelte
Chicken Systems, Inc.
support@chickensys.com
http://www.chickensys.com

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi SampleScience,

I've been trying to work with SampleRobot Pro version for it's seems like about 3 months and I've wasted so much time try to get it to work. I have vintage keyboards like ppg 2.2 and Fairlight III and some Emulators that I'm trying to get sampled. Can you advise me on what you think would be best?
I would like to autosample if I can get a good program that will do that for my windows computer.
Please fill free to shoot me an email as well as I'd appreciate the advice.

trevon12001@yahoo.com (mailto:trevon12001@yahoo.com)

Thanks,
Greg

gat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:03 am Hi SampleScience,

I've been trying to work with SampleRobot Pro version for it's seems like about 3 months and I've wasted so much time try to get it to work. I have vintage keyboards like ppg 2.2 and Fairlight III and some Emulators that I'm trying to get sampled. Can you advise me on what you think would be best?
I would like to autosample if I can get a good program that will do that for my windows computer.
Please fill free to shoot me an email as well as I'd appreciate the advice.

trevon12001@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Greg
Hi Greg,

From my experience, the best solution is a project in Reaper set up to record each note at different velocities. Once it's done, you can follow this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2wW_bf9VMQ

Good luck!

dunked wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:56 am Hi. The trial only allows SF2 export so those WAVs that export with the SF2 don't show loop points in Reaper, Studio One, or Kontakt. However, strangely enough, in Extreme Sample Converter those WAVs ****do*** have loop points in them.

So weird that other applications can't see these loop points?
SF2 usually contains the samples as PCM within the SF2 file itself. If there are any sample files they do not carry the loop information (especially considering more than one note may use the same sample with different loop points), that is contained within the SF2 file. Consider the SF2 as the patch info describing the loop points.

If you load the SF2 in a proper player and can hold the note so it loops that's one way of testing it. You could also open the SF2 in an SF2 editor and look at the loop points and corroborate it with what they're supposed to be.

Anybody use the Korg+Wave version of Sample Robot?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”