Can anyone recommend SampleRobot, or Samplit (or suggest another semi-automatic sampler) ... ?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
dunked
KVRer
29 posts since 6 Nov, 2015

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:04 pm

I am interested in Sample Robot but I'm having issues with the demo. Can someone who owns Sample Robot 6 please comment on this:

Maybe it's a trial limitation, but when I export my VST sampled instruments the loop points are not preserved in the WAV files. Does the paid version actually correctly export WAV loop points? I can't afford to find this out the hard way. $$

Thanks.

The trial limits to sf2 export so I didn't know if the WAV loop points are just not available in trial export, but hopefully full version. Thank you kindly.

MasterTuner
KVRist
242 posts since 30 May, 2018

Re: Can anyone recommend SampleRobot, or Samplit (or suggest another semi-automatic sampler) ... ?

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:51 pm

dunked wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:04 pm
I am interested in Sample Robot but I'm having issues with the demo. Can someone who owns Sample Robot 6 please comment on this:

Maybe it's a trial limitation, but when I export my VST sampled instruments the loop points are not preserved in the WAV files. Does the paid version actually correctly export WAV loop points? I can't afford to find this out the hard way. $$

Thanks.

The trial limits to sf2 export so I didn't know if the WAV loop points are just not available in trial export, but hopefully full version. Thank you kindly.
I would say ask their support@ in terms of limitations.
For me it preserves the loop points in WAVs. Did you export them correctly?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

dunked
KVRer

Re: Can anyone recommend SampleRobot, or Samplit (or suggest another semi-automatic sampler) ... ?

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:56 pm

MasterTuner wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:51 pm
dunked wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:04 pm

Thanks.

I would say ask their support@ in terms of limitations.
For me it preserves the loop points in WAVs. Did you export them correctly?
Hi. The trial only allows SF2 export so those WAVs that export with the SF2 don't show loop points in Reaper, Studio One, or Kontakt. However, strangely enough, in Extreme Sample Converter those WAVs ****do*** have loop points in them.

So weird that other applications can't see these loop points?

dunked
KVRer

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:51 am

Could a kind soul please answer this simple question? I'm considering buying SampleRobot but can't understand even after reading the whole PDF manual page by page. The LSR results. I see them numbered, I know what they are. But how in the world can I play the various other LSR options to know if I'd rather use those then the loop points SampleRobot found in auto-loop?

What good are they? Just to show you but how can you loop them and test them out to hear if they are better 1,2,3,4,5 vs. the auto loop please?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”