GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
167 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:50 am

enCiphered wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:38 am
InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:11 pm
enCiphered wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:03 pm
Ok, thanks. What about the presets or are there any sample files installed along with the plugin?
Presets are installed under your Documents folder\Inertia Sound Systems\..
For further details you can refer to the manual which you can quick access within the plugin, by pressing the MANUAL button in the settings view.

Cheers!
Yes, this was the first thing I did after opening the plugin. Searching for a documentation. By clicking the MANUAL button a popup appears with a warning that a help file does not exist.

Is there a way to set a custom location for the preset folder? The Documents folder\Inertia Sound Systems\.. with the factory presets only is over 700mb big. I hate it when plugin developers force me to save all their content on my system disc. Definitely a reason to not buy the plugin.
Hello enCiphered,
Sorry to hear that, regarding the size of the presets folder it is around 250 MB, which will get larger if featured packages are installed too. We are working on letting the users select their own destination for GRANULIZER 2 presets, in our next update.

best

enCiphered
KVRian
712 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:53 am

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:50 am
enCiphered wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:38 am
InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:11 pm
enCiphered wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:03 pm
Ok, thanks. What about the presets or are there any sample files installed along with the plugin?
Presets are installed under your Documents folder\Inertia Sound Systems\..
For further details you can refer to the manual which you can quick access within the plugin, by pressing the MANUAL button in the settings view.

Cheers!
Yes, this was the first thing I did after opening the plugin. Searching for a documentation. By clicking the MANUAL button a popup appears with a warning that a help file does not exist.

Is there a way to set a custom location for the preset folder? The Documents folder\Inertia Sound Systems\.. with the factory presets only is over 700mb big. I hate it when plugin developers force me to save all their content on my system disc. Definitely a reason to not buy the plugin.
Hello enCiphered,
Sorry to hear that, regarding the size of the presets folder it is around 250 MB, which will get larger if featured packages are installed too. We are working on letting the users select their own destination for GRANULIZER 2 presets, in our next update.

best
This would be really amazing. I have subscribed to your newsletter and will buy it as soon as it is possible. Thanks for your support

mcbpete
KVRAF
1703 posts since 24 Jun, 2006 from London, England

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:03 am

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:26 pm
enCiphered wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:32 pm
Is it not possible to choose a custom folder location during the installation?
For now, in Windows, the install locations are fixed, but moving the plugins manually in the folders that you use should not cause any problems.

the default installation locations for windows are :
VST2 : C:\\Program Files\Common Files\VST2
VST3 : C:\\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
+1 in the request to manually choose an install folder

My VST3 folder is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 but my VST2 folder isn't C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 so I'd assumed the new version was VST3 only until I noticed this as it wasn't appearing in my normal VST2 folder!

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
167 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:10 am

mcbpete wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:03 am
InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:26 pm
enCiphered wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:32 pm
Is it not possible to choose a custom folder location during the installation?
For now, in Windows, the install locations are fixed, but moving the plugins manually in the folders that you use should not cause any problems.

the default installation locations for windows are :
VST2 : C:\\Program Files\Common Files\VST2
VST3 : C:\\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
+1 in the request to manually choose an install folder

My VST3 folder is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 but my VST2 folder isn't C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 so I'd assumed the new version was VST3 only until I noticed this as it wasn't appearing in my normal VST2 folder!
Noted!

stefangx
KVRist
140 posts since 11 May, 2013 from United States

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:19 am

I am playing with the latest demo on Windows 10 in Abelton Live 10 and after a few minutes, it crashes Ableton. It has done this 3 times already. Is anyone else experiencing this? Maybe it is just an issue with the demo?

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
167 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:00 am

stefangx wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:19 am
I am playing with the latest demo on Windows 10 in Abelton Live 10 and after a few minutes, it crashes Ableton. It has done this 3 times already. Is anyone else experiencing this? Maybe it is just an issue with the demo?
Hello stefangx, sorry to hear that.
Please contact our support to try to resolve this issue.
Cheers.

tdm71
KVRist
332 posts since 21 Sep, 2003

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:57 am

Where can we hear some audio demos?

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
167 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:20 am

tdm71 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:57 am
Where can we hear some audio demos?
The promo video theme is just 4 instances of GRANULIZER 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgHmULIVy4I
Also, the demo is fully functional, so that you can get a good idea about its sound and features.

Cheers.

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
167 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:39 am

Magnetic Fields - GRANULIZER 2 Package

Strange sounding, yet eerie and beautiful. Based on real electromagnetic field recordings of electronic devices out of the Supremeja's studio.
magnetic-fields-supremeja@2x.jpg

Immediately available for free! Refresh the Packages view on your GRANULIZER 2, and give it a go!

These are troubled times, and with most people having to stay indoors for all our sake, we think you can use this to boost your creativity and feel better.

#StayHome #StaySafe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
31219 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:48 am

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:39 am
Magnetic Fields - GRANULIZER 2 Package

Strange sounding, yet eerie and beautiful. Based on real electromagnetic field recordings of electronic devices out of the Supremeja's studio.

magnetic-fields-supremeja@2x.jpg


Immediately available for free! Refresh the Packages view on your GRANULIZER 2, and give it a go!

These are troubled times, and with most people having to stay indoors for all our sake, we think you can use this to boost your creativity and feel better.

#StayHome #StaySafe
Oooh

killmaster
KVRian
1262 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:00 am

Thank you! I just updated and its weird cause the website says v. 2.2.2 but the installer file says 2.2.0 and the mounted dmg says 2.1.0 and the program itself says 2.2.0. So, I can only assume that the version I downloaded was 2.2.2 and all the other discrepancies are incorrect? kinda confusing!

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
167 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:46 am

killmaster wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:00 am
Thank you! I just updated and its weird cause the website says v. 2.2.2 but the installer file says 2.2.0 and the mounted dmg says 2.1.0 and the program itself says 2.2.0. So, I can only assume that the version I downloaded was 2.2.2 and all the other discrepancies are incorrect? kinda confusing!
killmaster the site says Granulizer 2 (as in the name) and then 2.2.0 (as in version). Sorry for confusing you, will try to type it out more explicitly.

The mounted dmg says indeed 2.1.0 we totally missed that! Thank you for catching it, fixed and will be pushed on the next update!

Have fun with the new packages :)

killmaster
KVRian
1262 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:51 am

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:46 am
killmaster wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:00 am
Thank you! I just updated and its weird cause the website says v. 2.2.2 but the installer file says 2.2.0 and the mounted dmg says 2.1.0 and the program itself says 2.2.0. So, I can only assume that the version I downloaded was 2.2.2 and all the other discrepancies are incorrect? kinda confusing!
killmaster the site says Granulizer 2 (as in the name) and then 2.2.0 (as in version). Sorry for confusing you, will try to type it out more explicitly.

The mounted dmg says indeed 2.1.0 we totally missed that! Thank you for catching it, fixed and will be pushed on the next update!

Have fun with the new packages :)
Thank you!

killmaster
KVRian
1262 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Re: GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:18 pm

Just wanted to ask. 2.2.2 crashes Cubase LE AI Elements 10.5 and gets added to the blacklist. Is this a known thing?

Return to “Instruments”