Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
T-CM11
KVRAF
2293 posts since 31 Jan, 2003 from Ghent, Belgium

Post Thu May 03, 2018 4:29 am

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/steinberg ... able-41177
General:
An issue with older Intel HD graphics chips is resolved. It requires an additional registry patch which can be found here.
I'll try it tomorrow. But it sounds like they just re-implemented the old 'fix' with the registry patch.

v1o
KVRAF
2129 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Re: Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:25 pm

Back on 50% sale until the 24th of February.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

ZincT
KVRist
67 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:09 am

I finally upgraded from Halion Sonic 3 to Halion 6 but now I have a dilemma...

This page compares the versions --> https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/v ... rison.html

...and this says that the sound content is the same size in HS3 as in Halion 6 but the latter has 200 extra presets. Now I am wondering whether to re-download the ~30Gb (compressed) sound content again just in case it is different in Halion 6. Does anyone know whether I need to do that or if there is any difference? Also what/where are those extra 200 presets?

Here are the libraries that Halion 6 shows in it's browser which were installed under Halion Sonic 3 (plus a few addons - HSO, Engine Roar, Alto Glockenspiel).

https://imgur.com/a/Ek1Ez1W

Thanks

(I tried posting the above using img tags but it shows a broken image and then using url tags but that doesn't display the image. Is there any way to embed an image on imgur so that you can see it in the post?)

Gamma-UT
KVRAF
5432 posts since 8 Jun, 2009 from UK

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:35 am

There's a post at the Steinberg forum about it: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 1f#p717969

The difference seems to be some presets that demonstrate the MegaTrig feature.

ZincT
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:37 am

Thanks Gamma-UT! I googled but that one didn't show up.

Gamma-UT
KVRAF
5432 posts since 8 Jun, 2009 from UK

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:41 am

I had this vague recollection of looking into it before and that there was something about it there.

Googly Smythe
KVRAF
2783 posts since 12 May, 2011 from Albion

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:42 am

You seem to be missing these libraries...

Flux
HAL Factory
HS SE Artist
HS SE Hybrid
HS SE Pro
Trip

...which are mostly those bundled with Cubase of or the freebie player, I think, I may be wrong.
Because I bought an M2 drive for Christmas last year, I did a full clean installation of the then current (Dec 2019) downloads of HALion and Cubase (10.5).
Screenshot (3).png
(edited for bad English :dog: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bandcamp - Soundcloud
What is life without a little whimsy?

BERFAB
KVRAF
6238 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:03 am

Dopey question:
I've owned and updated HALion since version 4. Love it.
But as a result, I've never again even opened Halion Sonic.
Am I missing something? Are there any unique presets or instruments in Halion Sonic that are NOT in HALion?
I've always assumed that everything is in HALion, so I don't need to go back.
Thoughts?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

ZincT
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:19 am

Thanks Googly Smythe! I am on Cubase Pro 10 and haven't upgraded to 10.5 yet if that makes any difference. I am tempted to just bite the bullet and download the full Halion 6 sound library just to make sure I have everything.

Buckster
KVRist
143 posts since 27 Nov, 2016

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:31 am

I finally was sent a serial for trial for Halion 6 several weeks after sale ended !! But still can't try as when I try to add to e-licencer it won't let me it basically says cannot add to my current software elicencer which I e already got Cubase 10 elements added to

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling elicencer to no avail and tried Steinberg forums etc to no.avail

Its almost like it is saying it needs a usb dongle but Halion 6 should not need one ?

Many thanks for any help

Return to “Instruments”