Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/steinberg ... able-41177
General:
An issue with older Intel HD graphics chips is resolved. It requires an additional registry patch which can be found here.
I'll try it tomorrow. But it sounds like they just re-implemented the old 'fix' with the registry patch.

Back on 50% sale until the 24th of February.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I finally upgraded from Halion Sonic 3 to Halion 6 but now I have a dilemma...

This page compares the versions --> https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/v ... rison.html

...and this says that the sound content is the same size in HS3 as in Halion 6 but the latter has 200 extra presets. Now I am wondering whether to re-download the ~30Gb (compressed) sound content again just in case it is different in Halion 6. Does anyone know whether I need to do that or if there is any difference? Also what/where are those extra 200 presets?

Here are the libraries that Halion 6 shows in it's browser which were installed under Halion Sonic 3 (plus a few addons - HSO, Engine Roar, Alto Glockenspiel).

https://imgur.com/a/Ek1Ez1W

Thanks

(I tried posting the above using img tags but it shows a broken image and then using url tags but that doesn't display the image. Is there any way to embed an image on imgur so that you can see it in the post?)

There's a post at the Steinberg forum about it: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 1f#p717969

The difference seems to be some presets that demonstrate the MegaTrig feature.

Thanks Gamma-UT! I googled but that one didn't show up.

I had this vague recollection of looking into it before and that there was something about it there.

You seem to be missing these libraries...

Flux
HAL Factory
HS SE Artist
HS SE Hybrid
HS SE Pro
Trip

...which are mostly those bundled with Cubase of or the freebie player, I think, I may be wrong.
Because I bought an M2 drive for Christmas last year, I did a full clean installation of the then current (Dec 2019) downloads of HALion and Cubase (10.5).
Screenshot (3).png
(edited for bad English :dog: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dopey question:
I've owned and updated HALion since version 4. Love it.
But as a result, I've never again even opened Halion Sonic.
Am I missing something? Are there any unique presets or instruments in Halion Sonic that are NOT in HALion?
I've always assumed that everything is in HALion, so I don't need to go back.
Thoughts?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Thanks Googly Smythe! I am on Cubase Pro 10 and haven't upgraded to 10.5 yet if that makes any difference. I am tempted to just bite the bullet and download the full Halion 6 sound library just to make sure I have everything.

I finally was sent a serial for trial for Halion 6 several weeks after sale ended !! But still can't try as when I try to add to e-licencer it won't let me it basically says cannot add to my current software elicencer which I e already got Cubase 10 elements added to

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling elicencer to no avail and tried Steinberg forums etc to no.avail

Its almost like it is saying it needs a usb dongle but Halion 6 should not need one ?

Many thanks for any help

Is it too much to ask Yamaha and Steinberg to actually give us a proper emulation of their Motif series, instead of what they've offered us here within Halion Sonic and Halion 6. The other large keyboard manufacturers Korg and Roland have given us their ROM, yet Yamaha only releases this offering which sounds nothing like the hardware.

It's about time Yamaha gets on board now. The original Motifs are now classic.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

BERFAB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:03 pm Dopey question:
I've owned and updated HALion since version 4. Love it.
But as a result, I've never again even opened Halion Sonic.
Am I missing something? Are there any unique presets or instruments in Halion Sonic that are NOT in HALion?
I've always assumed that everything is in HALion, so I don't need to go back.
Thoughts?

Cheers
-B
I use sonic when I want to get to a sound quickly--feels like it is faster in this department.
Oh, I just opened Halion 6 and realized it's just as fast. I don't know why I use Sonic--smaller GUI I guess.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I was just digging around for Halion stuff and saw that it was released in 2001 - wow, 20 years old already. Time flies.
I wonder how much longer it will be until Halion 7 is announced.

felis wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:31 pm Didn't want to start a new thread, but I was just digging around for Halion stuff and saw that it was released in 2001 - wow, 20 years old already. Time flies.
I wonder how much longer it will be until Halion 7 is announced.
I more wonder if/when they will update the GUI to a more modern resizable type interface.

Current HALion supports Hidpi resizing. Make sure you're using the most recent update.

Return to “Instruments”