DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:48 pm I want to add a vote for the Lanuchpad Pro MKIII - my girlfriend just got one and it's great.
It is planned. But getting the device is a bit difficult due to the situation in China.

Hi Jürgen, thanks for the new version. Works perfect with my Push 1. Tested under both systems Linux and windows.

moss wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:38 pm
mru wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:55 pm Hi Moss,
I'm using DrivenByMoss 8.70 with Bitwig 3.2 and my Launchpad pro-2 (firmware version 182), on Windows 10.

I have two issues :

1) When I launch Bitwig, the controller tries to install itself automatically on the ports MIDIIN2 and MIDIIN3, but with these settings, the launchpad doesn't work. All the buttons stay unlit and unactive. To make it work, I have to manually force midi in/out to the first port of the launchpad. Then the launchpad starts to work as intended, but this has also the strange side effect of creating a second instance of the controller, which sets itself again to in/out ports 2. I have then to delete manually this second instance to avoid a complete mess.

2) In session mode, the volume, pan and Sends functions dont'work. For instance, when I press the "volume" button (on the lower button row) it changes its color to turquoise green and on the computer screen, the colored marks appear on the faders to indicate they are hardware-controlled, but the launchpad's main grid doesn't update to the faders layout and the 64 buttons are unactive until I press on "volume" again.

Any idea on how to solve these issues ?
Could it be that it is set to another MIDI channel than 1?
It was indeed the case, for some reason, the midi channel in user mode was set to 7.
My problems are solved, thank you very much !

moss wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:03 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:48 pm I want to add a vote for the Lanuchpad Pro MKIII - my girlfriend just got one and it's great.
It is planned. But getting the device is a bit difficult due to the situation in China.
Awesome! :-)

Thanks,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

joris.roling wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:02 pm
killmaster wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:40 pm
joris.roling wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:03 pm
Does that work for you?

The Axyz Gems.flexi file can be in the same folder, by can be anywhere really.
I'm unclear how to access or import the Axyz Gems.flexi script into your script, or where or how to use it.
In Bitwig Setup -> Controllers you should manually add the Generic -> Flexi driver, (by Jürgen Moßgraber), set MIDI in + out to Lightpad (or Seaboard), and then find the Import button at the bottom. Select the Axyz Gems.flexi file on your system, and your good... 😃
Hej Joris or anyone knowledgeable about Flexi,

I tried to follow the above instructions, but I cannot import the .flexi file, because it asks for a .properties file. Did the format change?

Also, does anyone know if the properties are interchangeable between Bitwig and Reaper?

Edit: sorted!

moss wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:20 pm New: Change note length or create long notes in the Sequencers (Note, Drum, Drum 4, Drum 8 ) by pressing a note pad and then a pad right of it.
Nice! Thank you!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: ↑Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:17 pm
stamp wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:53 am
Hi moss,

I have another feature request (yes, I know I'm annoying...) to speed up device editing.
This could come in handy when you are editing plugins with more then 8 macro pages.
As it is now the left/right arrows move 1 device page to the left/right at a time and when you are at last page on the left/right it will switch to the next group of 8 pages.
I find the behaviour counterintuitive since I can simply select the page I need by pressing the track state buttons (2nd row of buttons under screen).
So my request is to move 8 pages at a time instead of 1. This would speed things up a notch.

Hope you consider this request.

Cheers!
Hey moss would this be possible? It would definitely speed up moving around when there are tons of pages, as you would n't have to first hit the 8th page and then press over. Doesn't seem like there's any point to having it move just one page over before it's on the last one when you can just hit the page you want directly. Moving over 8 pages seems best.

Is there any particular reason for not implementing this?
Sorry, but I don't see the logic behind the current behaviour.

Cheers!

stamp wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:08 am I have another feature request (yes, I know I'm annoying...) to speed up device editing.
This could come in handy when you are editing plugins with more then 8 macro pages.
As it is now the left/right arrows move 1 device page to the left/right at a time and when you are at last page on the left/right it will switch to the next group of 8 pages.
I find the behaviour counterintuitive since I can simply select the page I need by pressing the track state buttons (2nd row of buttons under screen).
So my request is to move 8 pages at a time instead of 1. This would speed things up a notch.
Hi stamp,

I want to keep this identicial to the behaviour in the track mode. IMHO if you need to go to the 2nd page the workflow is already broken. If you have so much parameters it is better to create a page with the selected parameters you really use.

Hi Moss

Thanks for the update! :)
Komplete Kontrol A-Series / M32
Fixed: Configured knob speed settings were not set on startup
Unfortunately it is still not working here with 8.80, although now it's slightly different: Now when Bitwig is restarted the controls on the Komplete Kontrol MKII are frozen and have no effect at all in any mode, going into settings and setting 'Knob Speed Normal' to 1 restores the knobs, but they are frozen again after a restart.

I'm on a Mac running Mojave, Bitwig 3.1.2, no controllers installed other than KK MKII.

Just as a "data point" it seems to be available from Thomann right now: https://www.thomann.de/de/novation_laun ... ro_mk3.htm

Deleted -
Last edited by Dartelec on Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

dcarmich wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 pm
Just as a "data point" it seems to be available from Thomann right now: https://www.thomann.de/de/novation_laun ... ro_mk3.htm
I doubt that Moss would buy all these controllers to create these free scripts...
But as Thomas and Moss live in the same town, I could imagine that his girlfriend could borrow the MKIII to Moss for testing...

moss wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:44 am
stamp wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:08 am I have another feature request (yes, I know I'm annoying...) to speed up device editing.
Hi stamp,

I want to keep this identicial to the behaviour in the track mode. IMHO if you need to go to the 2nd page the workflow is already broken. If you have so much parameters it is better to create a page with the selected parameters you really use.
You're right. I wanted to create synth patches from scratch using Push. I forgot that I've spent a lot of money to buy a mouse to do this stuff. Now I feel stupid.

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:36 am
dcarmich wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 pm
I doubt that Moss would buy all these controllers to create these free scripts...
But as Thomas and Moss live in the same town, I could imagine that his girlfriend could borrow the MKIII to Moss for testing...
I live in the same town as you, but not in the same as Moss ;-)

Thomann and JustMusic both had them available when we got ours last week.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Sorry, I was misinformed as it seems... :?

Return to “Controller Scripting”