[Intro pricing extended] Available now: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:34 am That stream was longer than any of those LOTR movies
well if he can type a lot he can talk a lot, you seriously didnt see that coming?

perhaps I have the same problem so I get it

:hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:46 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:33 pm
Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:20 pm Did I ever say otherworlds?
you go on about the shire and middle earth in general a lot.
Pffft. Shows how much you know. Middle Earth is pre-historic England, before the great Meteor of Morgoth blew everything to the Morgul Vale. London = Barad- Dur. Or can't you read?
Right, and Númenor = Ibiza.

That meteor shook the map up pretty good.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:34 am That stream was longer than any of those LOTR movies
Haha. Yes it was like one of my mega posts manifested in a video stream (except in all fairness it was like 4 streams in one in terms of the different guests... and tbh I could have talked to Ross and Mark longer to pick their brains on mixing and recording personally. They have so much knowledge and experience and they're really cool about sharing that with us mere mortals).

Yeah, I would love to be able to be a fly on the wall during a recording session with these guys. Funny, Tom made me think of John Goodman...and Fred Flintstone. :D man, the stories these guys could tell.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Yep, sorry guys, but watching over 4 hours to get some possible nuggets of gold is not for me.

But, that is the problem I have with many videos.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:41 am Yep, sorry guys, but watching over 4 hours to get some possible nuggets of gold is not for me.

But, that is the problem I have with many videos.
This one is in segments with different people. It starts with Ross Hogarth and I think that alone could have been the only thing since what I was initially thinking would be about 20-30 min ended up being 2 hours. But, he's a producer/engineer with a lot of experience and things to share from his unique POV. He's also busy so we were lucky to have that much of a hang with him. In any case, now that the video stays up on YouTube you can listen to some of his segment and see if it's of interest and if not then you can skip along to other guests.

We had a singer I'm producing named Brigitte Roka with some audio examples of her voice through the plug-in and the real chambers and plates at the studio, we had mastering engineer Gavin Lurssen stop by for a minute and later on we had mixing engineer Mark Linett stop by and play unreleased Beach Boys multi-tracks through the plug-in. Apparently he's using SSSR on an upcoming Beach Boys remix release we learned and, again, we're all lucky to get to hear it at all let alone how he's actually using Sunset Sound Studio Reverb to put the players in the room or add chambers and/or plates to different things. I found it fascinating myself and I heard Warren and his people say it was perhaps their best stream yet.

I know people's attention spans are low these days but sometimes it's worth reading, watching and listening to gain an understanding from a different perspective, especially from an acclaimed successful engineer like any of these guys. People pay a lot of money to attend classes or seminars with even just one of these guys with say Mix With The Masters or something like that. This is 4 hours of stories and tips for free from a bunch of masters... and for those who watched it live they could even chime in with their own questions from time to time AND some of them even won stuff too! I understand four hours is a lot of time on line watching something but if you look at it as multiple speakers in an audio seminar (which usually lasts all day if you physically attend one with a lunch break included) it's pretty cool that it's free and you can even potentially win something for attending it live (and can skip around for nuggets if you watch it later).

You also forget the time difference. That was 9 hours behind me. My attention span isn't the greatest in the late evening.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

my question didn't get answered. I asked how the pre's and consoles were integrated into the plugin. I asked it a few times, I think.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Right, my comment was clearly tongue-in-cheek. There was a high level of participation throughout because it did remain interesting. And, as Dave points out, people were rotated in and out for different perspectives and such. It was great to hear different A/B comparisons by different engineers & artists too.

Plus, I could listen to Ross for four hours, as I'd think that would normally cost an arm an a leg to get some time with someone with such knowledge. Mark, too, and of course it was great to see Gavin Lurssen stop by as he's always great to talk to (and if anybody here ever gets a chance to talk to Reuben Cohen of Lurssen Mastering, you should maximize that opportunity as he's a font of knowledge as well on many topics including - of course - mastering).

Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:59 pm my question didn't get answered. I asked how the pre's and consoles were integrated into the plugin. I asked it a few times, I think.
I didn't see your question, but could you clarify what you are requesting beyond what has been mentioned here about the modeling we've done that is in T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb?

Dave touched on what the end result is of using our VRM™ technology in the analog modeled portions of the plugin, if that helps, in this reply to some graphs that were posted:
That said, if one is gonna be getting into graphs, an interesting one to see is an FFT harmonic plot from the wet path of Sunset Sound Studio Reverb, send a sine to the reverbs and see what you get back. This will show harmonics, something that is not doable with convolution alone, and it’s an important part of the Sunset Sound Studio Reverb's recreation of how the ambiences sound at the studio.

Don't quote me on this, but I think it was mentioned in passing,
that the whole console thing is the fundamental on which
the rooms options and gear are built, with some limited controls
on the gui, the idea being to get your sound into the ( hidden) console,
and out to the rest of what Sunset offers. A bit like how Lurssen
is presented, and a very different purpose from something like
Harrison Mixbus.
Cheers

I have my instruments ready for whenever I watch a movie or
youtubes, practice time and fun, but I used youtube-dl to capture
the stream, and enjoyed it at leisure later in the evening.
Beats nutflux and yuluse

Ran the guitar thru Sunset to noodle and play along during the playback,
and had a moment of 'whoa, this really fits in nice', then remembered
I was using the same setup that was being used by the presenters :dog:
Cheers

My YT avatar is the same as my KVR one, but with so many people asking things or just babbling, I guess it would be hard to spot.

Thanks for your reply, Peter.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I enjoyed that stream

made more bloody sense as well.
you had giant eagles all along? i lost a finger you stupid old git :x

Return to “Effects”