[Intro pricing extended] Available now: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

That old trope. :hihi:

And I, Bombadil, should've been in the movies.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Squids wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:22 pm
Bombadil wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:48 pm It's very easy to dial in a nice sound with this plugin. That is a feature I like. It isn't as CPU intensive as Waves Abbey Road Chambers and Plates (would've been nice to have their live rooms, though). I basically am an old-school rocker, everything from the Beatles to Stones to Hendrix to Floyd to Genesis (do you really know Steve Hackett? He's one of my favourite guitarists!), so this plugin is a good fit for me.
Yes. I work with Steve Hackett a lot. I got to play the keyboard solo on Supper's Ready for his Genesis Revisited 2 album and he's guested on many of my songs which you can hear if you look up "Dave Kerzner" or my band "In Continuum" which you might like. I also have a band with Phil Collins' son called "Sound of Contact" so if you're into Genesis, that may be something of interest. I co-produced the album we did called "Dimensionaut" and Genesis' engineer/producer Nick Davis mixed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8TGFsLXoRo

and here's one of my tunes with Steve joining me along with Durga McBroom from Pink Floyd (and Tom Lord-Alge mixed this song with me): That genesis revisited stuff is awesome !! I like the stranded album. I think my buddy Randy MicStine is on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmEoyfI5sJ0

Nick Davis is another person I've learned a lot from as well as Hugh Padgham. Their recording techniques all vary and to me it's fascinating. Btw, I sampled drums at Genesis' studio which has a very unique sounding "stone live room" that I'd love to do as a plug-in. I would have loved to have had The Townhouse where Peter Gabriel's 3rd album and Phil's "In The Air Tonight" was recorded (as well as many other great sounding albums) but sadly that's no longer around. But, the Genesis' studio live room was modeled after The Townhouse (you can really hear its qualities on the album Abacab where it's more raw drums with compressed rooms).

I also help Phil, Mike and Tony with their studio and live rigs... and they use a lot of IK Multimedia products as well as Sonic Reality sounds. I'm actually putting together a Nick Davis Farm Sessions collection for SampleTank 4 this year. I did it awhile ago but just haven't had enough time to dedicate to sample libraries as I'd like to. But, it's really cool. We sampled a variety of Gretsch, Premier, Pearl kits (including one that belonged to Phil in the early 80s) in that stone room plus we sampled Mike's double neck bass/12 strings and almost all of Tony Banks' keyboards.

That Genesis revisited stuff id awesome..Stranded is awesome.I think my buddy Randy McStine is on it
Gotta demo this reverb.

glokraw wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:05 pm Ran the guitar thru Sunset to noodle and play along during the playback,
and had a moment of 'whoa, this really fits in nice', then remembered
I was using the same setup that was being used by the presenters :dog:
Cheers
Nice. A few of us did quite a bit of guitar noodling through T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb to pass the time hanging out in hotel rooms after NAMM. Even the pre-release version sounded incredible for this.

I ran an instance of Amplitube through live room 1 last night, and it certainly added a nice colour to it.

Did I understand correctly from last night's gabfest that there'll be more professionally designed presets coming?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:13 pm My YT avatar is the same as my KVR one, but with so many people asking things or just babbling, I guess it would be hard to spot.

Thanks for your reply, Peter.
I wasn't looking at the questions or the screen though. Warren was doing that and I guess he can only pick some random questions if the timing is right. But, that was answered above.

Ok it's been fun! Some of you will be pleased I have no more time to do mega posts. I've also said everything I want to say about such a cool plug-in as this! I'll be USING it now to make music. I am interviewing Joe Chiccarelli tomorrow and Warren might be joining me and streaming that too as a surprise. This will be in Studio 1 at 10am PST. But, I'm so over-worked and tired at this point. Yesterday was insane. After we finished the stream we went another 4 hours doing interviews for IK with some of the same people plus another engineer named Bill Mims who recorded Morrissey, Death Cab For Cutie, Ben Harper, The Black Crowes, Alanis Morissette and other artists. Earlier in the week we talked to Bruce Botnick, engineer and producer of The Doors. I've gone above and beyond on this for very little in return except learning a lot about people, studios and plug-ins. Perhaps the biggest benefit after a marathon on this from NAMM to now besides the education, for me, is the plug-in itself which I'll personally use on my productions.

SSSR is even one of those products that's like a secret weapon. It's probably better that only the people who really appreciate it get it and let others who get hung up on what type of technology it is or specs in general use something else. That's actually good in a way.

Anyway, I'll pop in here and there if there's something to say that's productive. Until then... enjoy!

Ok, it's been interesting getting your perspective on this plugin. Best of luck with your career. You've got talent.
In my best Columbo; just one more thing; I think Ringo's drums on A Day in the Life and The End, amongst others, sound better than the drums on Peace Frog, which I listened to just after that was mentioned. Horses for courses. Listened to all of Morrison Hotel today. Great album. :)
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks for your contribution Dave, enjoyed the enthusiasm. Last nights YT was a real blast, so much to learn from guys like that!

Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:59 pm Ok, it's been interesting getting your perspective on "this plugin".
:hihi:

Squids wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:36 pm
Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:13 pm My YT avatar is the same as my KVR one, but with so many people asking things or just babbling, I guess it would be hard to spot.

Thanks for your reply, Peter.
I wasn't looking at the questions or the screen though. Warren was doing that and I guess he can only pick some random questions if the timing is right. But, that was answered above.

Ok it's been fun! Some of you will be pleased I have no more time to do mega posts. I've also said everything I want to say about such a cool plug-in as this! I'll be USING it now to make music. I am interviewing Joe Chiccarelli tomorrow and Warren might be joining me and streaming that too as a surprise. This will be in Studio 1 at 10am PST. But, I'm so over-worked and tired at this point. Yesterday was insane. After we finished the stream we went another 4 hours doing interviews for IK with some of the same people plus another engineer named Bill Mims who recorded Morrissey, Death Cab For Cutie, Ben Harper, The Black Crowes, Alanis Morissette and other artists. Earlier in the week we talked to Bruce Botnick, engineer and producer of The Doors. I've gone above and beyond on this for very little in return except learning a lot about people, studios and plug-ins. Perhaps the biggest benefit after a marathon on this from NAMM to now besides the education, for me, is the plug-in itself which I'll personally use on my productions.

SSSR is even one of those products that's like a secret weapon. It's probably better that only the people who really appreciate it get it and let others who get hung up on what type of technology it is or specs in general use something else. That's actually good in a way.

Anyway, I'll pop in here and there if there's something to say that's productive. Until then... enjoy!
Where can we find the stream Dave?

bill45 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:53 pm
Where can we find the stream Dave?
We're sorry,but Dave is having a well deserved rest now :wink:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

Really nice sounds and tones from this one. Good job Ik
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:40 pm
Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:59 pm Ok, it's been interesting getting your perspective on "this plugin".
:hihi:
Ye have a dorty myend, so ye have! :P
-Martin Luther King Jr.

bill45 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:53 pm Where can we find the stream Dave?
You can find the video here. It's long but you can skip around to the various guests' segments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prFdy74 ... e=youtu.be

trusampler wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:06 am Really nice sounds and tones from this one. Good job Ik
Thank you. We do have a lot of audio demos on the site that were not there when we first opened the web pages for T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb and of course now folks can demo the plugin on their own material to see if they would like to take advantage of the special introductory pricing before this month has ended.

Return to “Effects”