TX16Wx 3.3.0k released (updated 2020-02-13)

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all. After some beta curation as a micro update, 3.3 has been promoted to a minor release, since it does in fact contain some more or less major features. Also hotfix builds below.

TX16Wx 3.3.0k
  • Fixed focus management on OSX
  • Fixed crash when copying groups to empty program
  • Fixed issue with resolving paths containing ".." on windows
  • Fixed moving whole slice not creating undo
  • Fixed wave editing on OSX not reading result correctly, resulting in corrupt wave
TX16Wx 3.3.0j
  • Keyboard mapper keyboard now responds to click position for velocity
  • Fixed clipboard issue on OSX
  • Fixed licence renew issue causing continous activations (TX Pro)
TX16Wx 3.3.0i
  • Fixed note trigger phase reset when using mono with oneshot or reverse mode
  • Fixed double note reset when stealing mono voice
TX16Wx 3.3.0g
  • Improved licence metadata validation (Pro only)
  • Fixed resource handling on legacy OSX
TX16Wx 3.3.0f
  • Fixed xml schema error for SVF filter "Bell" type
  • Fixed curl library linkage on OSX 10.11
TX16Wx 3.3.0e
  • Added skinning entry for playing region marker
  • Added refresh button to file browser
  • Fixed matrix not respecting region shift/tune
TX16Wx 3.3.0d
  • Added support for SFZ sw_lolast/sw_hilast/sw_default extension opcodes
  • Added key switch last low/high range support
TX16Wx 3.3.0c
  • Improved legato/mono mode with single sample
TX16Wx 3.3.0b
  • Fixed regression in XML schema (unknown attribute)
TX16Wx 3.3.0a
  • Fixed EXS import with tempo LFO
  • Fixed sound editor SVF filter undo
  • Fixed modulation table refresh on tab switch
TX16Wx 3.3.0
  • Added built-in oscillator support
  • Added pulse width modulation destination for oscillator mode
  • Added multi-core processing (TX Pro)
  • Added variable (128-4096) max voice setting (TX Pro)
  • Improved SFZ import to handle locc/hicc operators
  • Improved velocity mapping layouts
  • Improved modifier key response in keyboard mapper
  • Improved fixed key layout to remove roots and loops (i.e. drum mode)
  • Improved nag behviour for Pro eval mode
  • Fixed restore of zoomed windows on UI re-open
  • Fixed wave editor rendering and zoom of mp3/flac/ogg
  • Fixed mp3/flac/ogg streaming corner cases on seek
  • Fixed file browser restore when browsing sf2 samples
Download as usual at https://www.tx16wx.com.
Happy sampling
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Tried installing but I get an error message that a new version is already installed. Not possible.

Can you detail you platform etc? As a workaround, please try uninstalling the old version first.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Oops...Windows 10 installing the 64bit version. I was going to uninstall the old one but figured I'd be able to tell you if an update worked if I kept the config the way it is to ensure the update works as it would be possible that I'm not the only person that runs into this today. Anyway, I'll go ahead and uninstall the old one.

Ugh, verified issue with WIX/MSI and update versions. Really ancient MS crap biting my proverbial ass.
I've put up a new package that fixes the Win installer issue (_no_ content changes).
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Is there an autosampler feature? If not, any plans for implement it?

There is a sampler function, including various trigger modes + a MIDI note generator + auto sampler. And a bunch of detection + fixup functions. Is there something beyond the available tools you are thinking of?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:15 pm There is a sampler function, including various trigger modes + a MIDI note generator + auto sampler. And a bunch of detection + fixup functions. Is there something beyond the available tools you are thinking of?
With TX16W being as powerful as it is, some features aren't immediately obvious. This thing really needs a series of comprehensive tutorial videos.

I agree,good video tutorials really add to usability of software.

soundlimit wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:52 pm I agree,good video tutorials really add to usability of software.
Agree for the TX16Wx. Personally not a sampler I can get into more than its basic functionality without them, even with the manual. A few tutorials would really open up the door to getting the most out of it.

Hello, I've downloaded the OS X version, tried it inside Cubase 10 Pro and LE and both the VST3 and the VST version have the same issue: If I use in the Wave section the function Swap Channels I get a file that is completely different than before, when playing I hear random sounds and the whole DAW crashes. Other crash issue I have experienced is when in regions I click in the Sample Matrix menu the DAW crashes to desktop. Any ideas to fix these issues?

@highlander - I could verify the wave edit issue - an unfortunate regression caused by the mp3 support (yes - indeed). Fixed in next build. But I cannot repro any problems selecting waves from the wave/matrix dropdowns. Could you provide a crash report for this?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

The download links are broken...

edit: ok, download ok.
Last edited by waltercruz on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elcallio wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:54 pm @highlander - I could verify the wave edit issue - an unfortunate regression caused by the mp3 support (yes - indeed). Fixed in next build. But I cannot repro any problems selecting waves from the wave/matrix dropdowns. Could you provide a crash report for this?
I've downloaded the 3.3.0k and I experience the same crash, this is the crash report:
Crash report

Love that there's a tool like this for free, great job so far...I'm still trying to figure out how to slice and chop a sample manually the way i could in Fruity Slicer or SliceX. It seems if I can precog guess how many slices overall i'll want, i can make double (to account for neighbors), say 20 slices spanned equally throughout the song i'm sampling...and then zoom way in and drag those slices to the various little bits and pieces i want, with neighboring slices insisting on following me, and then every time i click it to hear the bit i'm honing in on, the views jumps way to the right or somewhere far from where i'm trying to focus.

instead of all that, is there a way to simply highlight the bits i like and add them to the keyboard above?

Return to “CWITEC”