DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

AuralBee wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:33 am
moss wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:07 pm
zengel wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:56 pm Hello !
That's weird . have the same configuration and Everything works fine with user mode there.
Bitwig 3.1.3 and push 2 under windows 10
What version of Bitwig do you use?
AuralBee wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:50 am Thanks Moss. For me, the user mode (Push 2, Win 10) still does not work. If that bug should be gone, I must be missing something trivial. Any tip leading me in the right direction would be highly appreciated.
Also works fine here.
Mmm, thanks for the check guys. Latest versions of everything. So weird, couple of versions ago, the extension/ user mode worked flawlessly for me. Everything else in the current one does too, just not user mode. I can switch to it and see the pages, but as soon as I try to assign an encoder, something goes wrong. Bitwig actually registers an assignment, but moving the assigned encoder does nothing at all. Must be smthg silly here then, but I am stumped for now.
Maybe check the mapping pane, if there is something else set or the priority ist set to MIDI.

Maybe check the mapping pane, if there is something else set or the priority ist set to MIDI.
[/quote]

@Moss
mmm, what I do see now, when trying to assign encoders: assignments show notenumbers (starting at E-2) instead of CC's. What could be causing that?

AuralBee wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:03 pm Maybe check the mapping pane, if there is something else set or the priority ist set to MIDI.

@Moss
mmm, what I do see now, when trying to assign encoders: assignments show notenumbers (starting at E-2) instead of CC's. What could be causing that?
I guess it is the MIDI notes sent when you touch the encoders. This is normally blocked from the extension. Could it be that you accidently mapped the Push Input to another script?

moss wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:27 am
AuralBee wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:03 pm Maybe check the mapping pane, if there is something else set or the priority ist set to MIDI.

@Moss
I guess it is the MIDI notes sent when you touch the encoders. This is normally blocked from the extension. Could it be that you accidently mapped the Push Input to another script?
I have this behavior (:) ) with the buttons below the encoders.
Pushing one encoder assign a midi note if the paired knob not assigned before.
If i assign the encoder first then the button assign nothing . It works as a button of the same parameter as the encoder upper .
I have 3 requests features if possible ? Would it be possible to have as option the button not assigned to the same parameter as the knob ?
Second , i would like to be able to assign two customs values to the knob ... is it possible ? same for knobs ?
to assign directly them to the parameter and not having to assign ithem to rack and then modify the range of the value .
And third : Would it be possible to make optional the button to behave as momentary ?

Thanks Moss !
have a nice day ;)

@Moss
Other script: no. I now see that assigning the eight page buttons below the display yield numbers 20 to 27. Could it be that these are CC numbers and that the button commands somehow get mixed up with the encoder values? (sorry if I talk nonsense ;-))

AuralBee wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:20 pm

@Moss
Other script: no. I now see that assigning the eight page buttons below the display yield numbers 20 to 27. Could it be that these are CC numbers and that the button commands somehow get mixed up with the encoder values? (sorry if I talk nonsense ;-))
Ah, I see. When you enable mapping mode in Bitwig make sure you have User mode on the Push enabled and ONLY move one of the 8 knobs. Because when mapping mode is active you can map the "raw value" of all knobs/buttons/faders of a device which will give you weird behaviour because you have double functions.
I added a note to the Push documentation on the Wiki.

Thanks Moss, I know that is how it’s supposed to work, but somehow for me it stopped working approx. three script-verslons ago. I just tried what I describe above to hopefully provide you with a clue. Today, I will experiment with different usb ports etc.
Last edited by AuralBee on Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@moss, could you consider adding an option to drivenbymoss (launchpad pro) to disable the function of pressing the "delete key" without pressing any other key? It deletes the current track, it is terribly dangerous in live usage, since undo does not restore the controller mapping to devices.

I tried the flexi script with Faderfox UC4. After having mapped the first parameter I thought this is the final solution. But I am unable to get LED feedback in the UC4 (Send value to device is activated) and also when I push the buttons on the UC4 they will play notes as a midi keyboard to any VST track.

Mantras wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:09 pm I tried the flexi script with Faderfox UC4. After having mapped the first parameter I thought this is the final solution. But I am unable to get LED feedback in the UC4 (Send value to device is activated) and also when I push the buttons on the UC4 they will play notes as a midi keyboard to any VST track.
The feedback only works if the LEDs react to the exact same command as they send out.
If the buttons send MIDI notes then they will play. But if you map the button to a generic flexi function the MIDI note is blocked.

Would it be possible to allow the buttons in the user pages to act as on/off or min/max when assigned? Currently if you map a parameter to the buttons it can only be momentary so it sends full control when held. They only do min/max when they are unassigned and therefor acting as the min/max of the knob underneath them.

Also, would it be possible to maybe make the labels half the height so that you could have labels for both the knobs and the upper buttons? Having 8 buttons and 8 knobs assigned is excellent, but would be better to see the labels.

thanks!

moss wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:29 pm
Mantras wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:09 pm I tried the flexi script with Faderfox UC4. After having mapped the first parameter I thought this is the final solution. But I am unable to get LED feedback in the UC4 (Send value to device is activated) and also when I push the buttons on the UC4 they will play notes as a midi keyboard to any VST track.
The feedback only works if the LEDs react to the exact same command as they send out.
If the buttons send MIDI notes then they will play. But if you map the button to a generic flexi function the MIDI note is blocked.
That is very strange! I am using the latest version of Bitwig and the script and it does not work.

For example, adding one function - track 1 toggle mute to my Faderfox UC4 will work to control that function just fine, but it will still send the midi note through to the instrument on that track playing it each time I try to toggle mute.

Secondary, the LED feedback will not work no matter what I do, since the UC4 is not receiving any midi from Bitwig, even though I have selected both UC4 Midi input and output for midi setting.
The exact same UC4 configuration works normally in Traktor and the UC4 is indiciating received midi.

I will attach my screenshot. Options - Selected Mode is set to Track.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:53 pm
moss wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:26 pm
[*]User banks are broken since 3.1 (they do not work with the new hardware API).
Oh that's very annoying as it means I'll probably have to buy the update just to get this functionality back, assuming they do fix it at some point. Is there a way to at least bind bank changes to a keyboard shortcut?
Has this been fixed yet? Can't upgrade till it is.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:30 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:53 pm
moss wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:26 pm
[*]User banks are broken since 3.1 (they do not work with the new hardware API).
Oh that's very annoying as it means I'll probably have to buy the update just to get this functionality back, assuming they do fix it at some point. Is there a way to at least bind bank changes to a keyboard shortcut?
Has this been fixed yet? Can't upgrade till it is.
Yes, it is fixed in 3.1.3.

Hello Moss,

thank you for your efforts with the script. I have two problems/questions:

1. Native Instruments S61 mk1:
When using the modulation strip, bitwig ist toggling between 2 states. Like in an empty project its juming between track 1 and send 1. But I also had it opening and closing the vst window on a different day.

2. Push 2:
The wiki says that holding Session will bring you back to Note mode. But I am not able to go back. It will stay at session view.

What am i doing wrong?

Best wishes

Return to “Controller Scripting”