Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

You mean Alpha testers ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:23 pm You mean Alpha testers ?
Probably some other term we don't know about for this kind of low level secret stuff

I would expect any early access to new versions would be to people allowed to post on their own forum and for real power users like Lawrence, who fortunately also posts on here.

iosys wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 pm I’ve just been reading through this thread and must thank INTRANCER dude for entertaining me, this is some wild stuff right here keep it going man, are Presonus running the v5 past you first to make sure its up to scratch?
Thanks for the kind words... I do my best, in trying to have people enjoy and get the most out it. It takes not only a lot of my time but also money to keep it going each month / few months out of my own pocket...I don't know how much longer that will be for because up until January this year, I was already considering pulling the plug. But now, if I do that I'll be completely cut off from even updating it as public libraries where free internet exists, is now off limits too now.

As for PreSonus with alpha, beta testing... it's typically the last iteration of the beta, which is provided approximately a month before the final release version in which testers are provided to pick up any pending issues. As Studio One has a release pattern of landing in the latter part of May, it's really only expected that invites will be provided around a month before. Beta testers outside PreSonus... is select, and very few... and typically one of the perks if one is involved in running the PreSonus forum, or running an online educational course on youtube for Studio One.

Testing music production software can otherwise be quite a boring activity to be involved in... I use to find that as a Reason user in the past that I didn't have the time nor inclination to actively spend much time looking for bugs. When Reason 7 came out, the public release.. I was helping to fix problems with Propellerheads which subsequently resulted in me being signed up as a 'Test Pilot' as they call them which involve printing out NDA forms, signing them and posting them away by snail mail to the folks in Sweden...which was novel as I'd never sent anything to Sweden before. ;-D

As a producer, I just like my software to work... if it doesn't and in the way I want it to, I won't hesitate to let the developers know.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Beta testers outside PreSonus... is select, and very few...
I just wanted to chime in and state as a purely factual matter that the above is not true.

Can the chord track filter incoming midi?

LawrenceF wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:47 pm
I just wanted to chime in and state as a purely factual matter that the above is not true.
Psst...don't burst his bubble
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I just got a email by Presonus saying that I get Waves Supertap, as a owner of S1 Professional. Already had a license for it, but, I will activate it, to get the latest version (V11 or something?). :) Edit: Ya, it's V11.

If i remember correctly, a lot of medium to high profile producers and engineers got to beta test in the past. I remember seeing alot of them "leaking" it by "accident" on instagram stories and posts.

Depends on your definition of select and few, I beta tested for a number of years for a so called "professional" DAW and it was kept limited purely to admin the amount of info that was generated and yes it was on a select basis, simply to so that they could rely on information that was forwarded, and that all bug testing conformed to their particular standard.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Also if you compare Propellerheads and their DAW Reason, every current user of the program that has an account, can actively apply to beta test once it's been announced that it is available, about a month before. PreSonus does no such thing as of date... I don't believe that this has changed since the new CEO took over at 'Reason Studios'.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:10 pm
trusampler wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:10 am Now that this threads got some attention.. Maybe they can fix the issue or this long lasting bug ;) I've been struggling with on my windows 10 cpu with the Mpc software.. On Mac the Mpc software n Studio oNE play just fine together. It's only in Windows we have this bug..
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... cb81d48802

Akai won't claim it, as their software obviously works on the Mac fine.. Presonus have said they will pass it to their developers.
Have you tried disabling Rewire from Studio One's services panel and then dragging across the samples ? Alternately and I'd assume this is possible, in that you can use the MPC software stand alone. It may be possible if you disable the Rewire service in Studio One and then try and drag the browser samples to the arrangement track and then drag the sample from the arrangement track to the MPC software that you can then open the door to using the MPC software between both software on the PC platform if it doesn't otherwise work by simply disabling the Rewire service so you can use the VST version inside Studio One. I do have a Akai 8 Pad Controller myself, but of course, but never use the software that's available for it. Worth a try... as disabling the Rewire service in Studio One allows you to drag and drop between Ableton and Studio One.
Hi, Thanks for responding, I disabled rewire in S1,then tried to drag a wav file from the s1 browser to the MPC,but it still doesn't work. Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm still waiting on an update from Presonus that will once and for all fix this problem. I have no doubt in my mind that it'd probably take all of ten minutes for them to code the fix, but I have no idea if Presonus tech support truly passed this bug over the the dev's. They said they did, last year, but it's still not fixed.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

What's crazy is if I drag the wave file from S1 browser to the desktop, then drag from the desktop to vsti mpc software, it works! ;( So it's exactly the same issue that was and still is going on in Cubase mediabay with certain apps. Not sure if you we're around for that debacle when C4 was released, with mediabay and all.

Other daws, like Bitwig,Ableton,Reaper, it all just works fine using their own browsers.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

@THE INTRANCER

Thanks for your insights in this thread.

I enjoyed 'em :)

And you're right about the presonus forum being run like a church :tu:

And S1 is still my cheerful go to :D
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I see Logic Pro X is to get Session view 'clip-launching'...wonder if S1 V5 will do the same?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”