Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

How do I get Padshop 2 to stop??

Somewhere, I'm sure, there's a setting to play a patch 'normally' – you know, when I lift the keys, the sound will eventually die away. ;-)

Not so in my Padshop 2.

Whatever I do in Live or Logic, it seems that the release is infinite and the more keys I press, the louder and more cacophonic the result. The only thing that helps is wiping with the cursor across the GUI keyboard. But this must be wrong, right?

Any hints would be gratefully received…
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

You accidentally engaged polyphonic key mode, click on the preference icon at the upper right and deactivate it.

Thank you, Simon!

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:39 pm
courtjestr wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:38 am
dandezebra wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:02 am Really, please implement a resizable GUI. I thought it would happen on the PSP update from last year. Especially on this synth!
GUI is resizable...sort of. From the manual

If High DPI Mode is activated, the plug-in uses high-resolution bitmaps when
it is displayed with a scaling of 150?% and higher on a high-resolution monitor,
such as 4K (UHD), 5K, etc. This allows for sharper images on high-resolution
displays.
NOTE
Windows systems currently only support scaling factors that are multiples of
100. For example, if you use a scaling factor of 150?%, in Padshop, the scaling
factor used is 200?%.
High DPI Mode may not be compatible with some combinations of software
and hardware. If you experience display issues with your setup, you can
deactivate High DPI Mode.
If High DPI Mode is deactivated, the native monitor resolution is used.
Still no luck getting it to rescale on my 4K iMac
It says in the manual you can activate/deactivate High DPI mode in options but that option is not even showing for me.

leo007 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:42 pm is there any difference between the version that comes with cubase pro and this separate purchased version?
it seems to me that there aren't differences. and the plugin that comes with cubase pro can be used by other DAW's (as retrologue, can. other stuff, not.)

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:03 pm You accidentally engaged polyphonic key mode, click on the preference icon at the upper right and deactivate it.
After installing the last update it seems to keep defaulting to polyphonic key mode everytime it's reopened (and turns tool tips back on again)

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:03 pm You accidentally engaged polyphonic key mode, click on the preference icon at the upper right and deactivate it.
After installing the last update it seems to keep defaulting to polyphonic key mode everytime it's reopened (and turns tool tips back on again)
hmm.. not here. the parameters stay deselected between sessions and when adding a new instance.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:30 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am
hmm.. not here. the parameters stay deselected between sessions and when adding a new instance.
Same here – Padshop 2.0.1.44, 10.14.6 on 2019 iMac 5K. Polyphonic stays put in the OFF position.

We interrupt your Coronavirus to bring you some Padshop 2 music.

Five Padshop 2 patches in a slightly contemplative track, some volume automation in LogicX, modulation wheel action in some instances, no external effects used.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... ping-giant

Demo for a single Padshop 2 patch in which both layers use the same sample of an e-bowed electric guitar with changing harmonics, detailed description inside. Some modulation wheel action, 100% PS2.

https://youtu.be/21t9HYlB7gs

For some reason the current version seems not to be accepting aftertouch from my Seaboard in the VST3 version (but does from my S series 2), the AU works as it should though but this is annoying because I can't use that in Bitwig which has the best MPE support.

Improvising with a single, slightly cinematic Padshop 2 patch - 100% Padshop 2.

Flightless Bird - patch description:
Layer A: Field recording with aggravated penguins in a zoo, granular oscillator, three voices spread apart, VEL shifts grain position. LFO3 modulates LP cutoff/resonance + distortion amount, MW introduces modulation of grain duration via LFO3 and grain pitch via LFO4.
Layer B: Audio-morphed drone with the penguins in A, spectral oscillator, LFO1 modulates spectral position, playing overlapping notes will not re-trigger the sample. LFO2 modulates spread/hybrid filter cutoff, LFO3 modulates purity/formant. MW adds distortion and purity modulation via LFO4, its speed modulated by LFO3.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... tless-bird

Improvising with a fresh textural PS2 patch.
Description: Meta-synthed clay drum texture in A (spectral), glass harp sequence played with mallets in Layer B (granular), MW transforms the sound from frozen to animated.

https://youtu.be/ng91g_FDDeo

If you are in a meditative mood, don't watch this.
Improvising live on video with a slightly vicious Padshop 2 patch, description embedded in the video.

https://youtu.be/E8vrkES6AHI

Demo for a Padshop 2 patch which uses electric guitar samples inside the spectral oscillators.

https://youtu.be/gGCe37cupRA

Return to “Instruments”