iZotope bought Exponential Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Calenberger wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:17 pm
Jopmanajop wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:13 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:11 pm Waiting for Godot.
Good reverb?
Reverberating for decades now and still going strong.
:tu:
and neverending...

Calenberger wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:17 pm Reverberating for decades now and still going strong.
Waiting for a sale then

Jopmanajop wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:44 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:17 pm Reverberating for decades now and still going strong.
Waiting for a sale then
https://youtu.be/yj5WvpkYHz0

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:06 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 am EA products at 29$ coming soon to music store near you. I'm ok with that.
$9 ;)

Just bought Excalibur. Is it just me or does it take an age to change presets? Timed it now and it's 8 seconds on average to change.

EDIT: Fine in Cubase just an issue in Live.
:hihi:

Didn't think I'll buy any plugins this year but go figure. Earlier got Trash 2 (as a very long time ago I used the first version and liked it) and now also bought this. I've never given much attention to Excalibur but after doing some research, seems like a nice multi fx plugin, and I'm a sucker for the old-school style multi fx. Camel Audio plugins and Tone2 Warmverb get a lots of use here. With spending my BP virtual cash the total came to 5$. I can live with that.
No signature here!

In the meantime they didn't update their EA plugins to use the iZotope license model right?
So still 1 activation on Ilok?

Please don't mention Cloud/deactivate/reactivate etc. I have two locations and want them permanently activated. Until this is sorted EA reverbs are a no go.

dermage wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:02 pm In the meantime they didn't update their EA plugins to use the iZotope license model right?
yes, still EA ilok activation
and i have contacted izotope, and yes
you can not register EA products with your izotope account

dermage wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:02 pm Until this is sorted EA reverbs are a no go.
SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:39 pm
Jopmanajop wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:19 pm Guys, is it possible to register Excalibur and Phoenix Verb in Izotope account? I mean it is great that we can afford these things for cheap, but then we might miss some upgrade offers and loyalty discounts, right? They're only on iLok, not in account, it feels like we didn't buy them actually
Not yet, it says ''At this time, Exponential Audio products are not yet integrated into Product Portal. The iLok activation code will not work within Product Portal.'''

So you cant manually add the serial number etc, I am sure it will come...probably when they want your money for a few tweaks and iZotope standard GUI workover as a V2 for 99 USD Upgrade (this is pure speculation but based on past experience :wink: !!)
Only speculations for now, but we hope it will come in the near future

muki wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:05 pm
dermage wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:02 pm In the meantime they didn't update their EA plugins to use the iZotope license model right?
yes, still EA ilok activation
and i have contacted izotope, and yes
you can not register EA products with your izotope account
I contacted iZotope too and got the same response. Their tech said it wasn't even technically possible for iZotope to add them to the iZotope Product Portal for registration. But they did say they planned to make new iZotope plugins with the EA technology they acquired.

Steve Bolivar wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:25 pmBut they did say they planned to make new iZotope plugins with the EA technology they acquired.
The phasing out of EA begins :?

Winstontaneous wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:49 pm Anyone have opinions on Excalibur? Mostly seen chatter about the EA reverbs on this thread. Aside from the fact that the engines are mono it looks pretty interesting.
Is this related to the bug where FL Studio and Reason see Excalibur as a mono plugin?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Please don't mention Cloud/deactivate/reactivate etc. I have two locations and want them permanently activated. Until this is sorted EA reverbs are a no go.
It's really annoying because any Exponential Audio plugins bought via 3rd party retailers like PA or JRR do not show up under your products in your Izotope account. It's quite easy to get serial keys lost or mixed up that way.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:37 am
Steve Bolivar wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:25 pmBut they did say they planned to make new iZotope plugins with the EA technology they acquired.
The phasing out of EA begins :?
It’s the logical assumption though. At the very least they’d have to keep EA up to date and add new features, maybe a new UI. While it’s possibke they could pull the older plugins in favour of something new, since they’ve done it before, they wouldn’t abandon reverb entirely. They’d just “rethink it”

Although, I doubt they pull EA. Too many heavyweights in pro studios and in Hollywood that use it. They’d have to have a really good plan!!

I’d see more of an integration with Ozone, for example, with a different UI. They wouldn’t purchase such quality reverb algorithms and then abandon those.

Sold my Trash 2 license on Tuesday and sent a license transfer request to iZotope Customer Support and haven't heard of them since. I've already received the payment from the buyer and now I can't send him the serial because iZotope doesn't seem to give a flying duck. Last time I sent them a request (not a license transfer request) I only got an email where they were asking me to rate their customer support and nothing else. Yes, I surely rated it... "0". So, should I give up and refund the payment or wait over the weekend?
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

iZotope were usually very quick to respond in my case. Mind you, that was before covid.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”