Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

mschenkel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:43 am
dunohearno wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:11 pm One more thing I'm wondering if someone could help with - is there a way of clicking on the little modulation amount dials and it taking you to whatever is the source of that modulation is? Seems a bit confusing without a matrix telling you what's going where.
If you hover on a modulation, both ingoing and out going, the source/destination is highlighted
How do you find where it's feeding when the destination is out side of the window though? I cant figure out how to follow what's going where when it's a bigger patch. Soon as you scroll down to find it, it's not highlighted anymore as you've moved the mouse? Is there another way of seeing the connections?

Right click should open a matrix for the clicked parameter

mschenkel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:04 am Right click should open a matrix for the clicked parameter
Yeah, I'd seen that. Problem is if you've got multiple envelopes opened, it just labels them all as envelope, so how do you tell which one is which? Seems a bit of an oversight that for a synth that is all about routing, you can't easily tell where the routings are?

You are absolutely right.

mschenkel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 pm You are absolutely right.
It's weird isn't it! Thought I'd finally found the synth I'd been looking for all these years, but doesn't seem like it's quite there yet. Hopefully the developers can work their magic and sort it out, a modulation matrix and gate triggers are desperately needed. Could be such an amazing synth, bit unusable at the mo though!

dunohearno wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:54 am
It's weird isn't it! Thought I'd finally found the synth I'd been looking for all these years, but doesn't seem like it's quite there yet. Hopefully the developers can work their magic and sort it out, a modulation matrix and gate triggers are desperately needed. Could be such an amazing synth, bit unusable at the mo though!
Agreed. I made a patch last week with a few routings and it all made sense then. Opened it yesterday though and had NFI what I had patched where. A matrix would have solved that immediately.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:03 am
dunohearno wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:54 am
Agreed. I made a patch last week with a few routings and it all made sense then. Opened it yesterday though and had NFI what I had patched where. A matrix would have solved that immediately.
Yeah! I made one yesterday, opened it today, no clue! I hope they cant sort it out quick.

mschenkel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:04 am Right click should open a matrix for the clicked parameter
Kilohearts have been asked about a matrix before and said that they are developing some ideas but it won't be a 'traditional' matrix (and they can't say when it may be implemented). But they're gonna work out something to make it quicker to find connections in larger patches.

I think this was in one of their AMAs or maybe in their Discord.

StuSmith wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:17 am
Kilohearts have been asked about a matrix before and said that they are developing some ideas but it won't be a 'traditional' matrix (and they can't say when it may be implemented). But they're gonna work out something to make it quicker to find connections in larger patches.

Fingers crossed that by saying it won't be traditional, it doesn't mean it's going to be unnecessarily complex. Just a page telling you what goes where is all that's needed. At the moment, one of the main things about this is it's like zebra without it being such a pain to use, and it offers a lot more flexibility and options when designing a patch. If it starts to become something that you need to wang your mouse about and highlight every connection to see what's going on, it's going to put people off. Really am hoping they get it right, because it has the potential to be such an amazing synth.

dunohearno wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:29 am
StuSmith wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:17 am

Fingers crossed that by saying it won't be traditional, it doesn't mean it's going to be unnecessarily complex. Just a page telling you what goes where is all that's needed. At the moment, one of the main things about this is it's like zebra without it being such a pain to use, and it offers a lot more flexibility and options when designing a patch. If it starts to become something that you need to wang your mouse about and highlight every connection to see what's going on, it's going to put people off. Really am hoping they get it right, because it has the potential to be such an amazing synth.
Well, I can say that workflow is something that the Kilohearts guys have as a primary consideration with all their software... and uncluttered design... so I'm sure they'll come up with something unique that fits right in with the existing ecosystem. :-)

Kilohearts latest sale is on.

Trance Gate, Tape Stop, Reverser, and Resonator are all half-price until May 10th.

More info on the site: https://kilohearts.com/

I searched for a good Trance Gate FX VST and that Demo from Kilohearts runs very good and it has all features I would need, but that circular step view for me is only confusion, especially with more than 16 steps. Perhaps I'm to old for a design like this, but if there would be a oldschool view version available, I would buy! :D

clipnotic wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:56 pm I searched for a good Trance Gate FX VST and that Demo from Kilohearts runs very good and it has all features I would need, but that circular step view for me is only confusion, especially with more than 16 steps. Perhaps I'm to old for a design like this, but if there would be a oldschool view version available, I would buy! :D
This is oldschool:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73628

yes, they're really oldschool and many of them I had ... :clap:

plus they should improve the space invader game in the plugin :)

Return to “Instruments”