ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

Jopmanajop wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:02 pm By the way, guys, is there a reason for HP and LP not being at fixed 0db Y position? I don't remember encountering such a behaviour before, always drag filter and it only changes its frequency position. Good that there is snapping to 0db line, but still. It's like filtering and controlling the output volume at the same time. What's the possible scenario? Cutting lows with a gentle slope for hi-hats while boosting the very highs for presence/air/clarity?
Although I admittedly don't use it for that purpose very often, I have done something like that in the past.

You can also hold Alt to fix the vertical position as you move horizontally or hold Control to fix the horizontal position as you move vertically.

NeonNightflyer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:29 pm You can also hold Alt
Strange, alt doesn't do anything at all, but ctrl works for horizontal locking

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jopmanajop wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:13 pm
NeonNightflyer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:29 pm You can also hold Alt
Strange, alt doesn't do anything at all, but ctrl works for horizontal locking
Weird indeed! I double-checked the manual to see if it's different for Mac/Windows but it says Alt. Not sure what's wrong there.

Guys, how would you compare TB EQ4 sound compared to Pro-Q3, Crave, Equilibrium? Also, feature wise, does it meet your expectations?

Eq4 is very, very good.
It's beyond my expectations (i mean : price wise, it's a steal).

Tb eq 4 has more features and is more flexible. Soundwise I think you can get close, it’s comparable, many people mean it’s better handling transient.

Svama wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:23 pm Tb eq 4 has more features and is more flexible. Soundwise I think you can get close, it’s comparable, many people mean it’s better handling transient.
The only thing i miss is the collision meter like in Pro-Q 3. I think every equalizer would benefit from that
BTW, saturated boosts in Equalizer 4 are the purest gold :pray:

Jopmanajop wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:15 pm
Svama wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:23 pm Tb eq 4 has more features and is more flexible. Soundwise I think you can get close, it’s comparable, many people mean it’s better handling transient.
The only thing i miss is the collision meter like in Pro-Q 3. I think every equalizer would benefit from that
BTW, saturated boosts in Equalizer 4 are the purest gold :pray:
curious, how do you do this ? :?:

Saturation? Is in the dynamic section, pushing the tube.

Svama wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:59 am Saturation? Is in the dynamic section, pushing the tube.
thanks, i'll have a look.

Can you go full screen with this like the Fabfilter one?

How is it more powerful?

Fabfilter has linear phase and EQ matching. The biggest difference is price.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I just tried demo of TB eq4, sounding good...but I cannot find an analyser setting which shows what I do to the signal, like in proq3 or crave, pre and post analyser?

Also, is it bug or not...when I increase GUI size, fonts/numbers equally increase in size which is somehow unnatural looking? Is there an option to not increase font size with GUI increase?

HcDoom wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:35 pmAlso, is it bug or not...when I increase GUI size, fonts/numbers equally increase in size which is somehow unnatural looking? Is there an option to not increase font size with GUI increase?
ymmv, I like this feature a lot :)

Return to “Effects”