Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Vleker
KVRist
284 posts since 8 Jun, 2019

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:24 pm

Am I the only one that thinks that Softube is way too expensive though? I like the ones I got with the plug-in collective and use them a lot but even on sale I find them quite expensive!
Last edited by Vleker on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ATS
KVRAF
6629 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:27 pm

Vleker wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:24 pm
Am I the only one that thinks that Softtube is way too expensive though? I like the ones I got with the plug-in collective and use them a lot but even on sale I find them quite expensive!
I don't understand how they can charge so much anymore. I mean years ago sure, but now...???
my music: https://www.soundclick.com/alexcooper
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

escalona
KVRian
760 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Vleker wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that Softtube is way too expensive though? I like the ones I got with the plug-in collective and use them a lot but even on sale I find them quite expensive!
As much as I love everything Softube does, I do agree with this. I usually have to wait a year to get their plugins at a reasonable price (and still feel a little "stabby"... reasonably though)
Presonus StudioOne 4.5 Pro i9-9900k Win10 Pro / Kemper Profiler / Bunch of old gear

kitekrazy
KVRist
264 posts since 26 Oct, 2002

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:42 pm

Vleker wrote:
I often pat attention to licensing when it comes to having more than one system. I rarely buy Waves anymore and most iLok stuff. IK, Izotope, and Melda are on every machine in the house.

ZINO
KVRian
837 posts since 21 Jan, 2006 from Athens, Greece

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:24 pm

escalona wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:07 pm
ChamomileShark wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:15 pm
re Softtube & PA..what's the opinions on the quality of softtube vs PA plugins?
Day and night, in that order.
Except for when it comes to amp sims.
Even though they are nothing extraodinary:
PA>>>>>>>Softube.

Softube should actually consider stop selling old amp stuff, like the atrocious Metal Amp Room, because it harms their brand name - or at least update them in some way.... Even new stuff are hit or miss, like with the Marshall Plexi being super meh.

electro
KVRAF
4646 posts since 6 May, 2002

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:53 pm

simmo75 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:29 pm
ChamomileShark wrote:
My personal opinion is Softube are in a different class to PA, they've made some incredible emulations, check out their new Chandler compressor,Curve Bender EQ and Tube-Tech Collection.
Not so sure because the mk2 UAD Compressors are better. What Softube Amp Sim is on the level of the Brainworx Ampegs? Can Softube tape compete with IK Tapes and U-he Satin?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

simmo75
KVRAF
2023 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:12 am

electro wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:53 pm
simmo75 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:29 pm
ChamomileShark wrote:
My personal opinion is Softube are in a different class to PA, they've made some incredible emulations, check out their new Chandler compressor,Curve Bender EQ and Tube-Tech Collection.
Not so sure because the mk2 UAD Compressors are better. What Softube Amp Sim is on the level of the Brainworx Ampegs? Can Softube tape compete with IK Tapes and U-he Satin?
Only one of those you mentioned is a PA plugin, not sure what your point is?

electro
KVRAF
4646 posts since 6 May, 2002

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:26 am

but the develop many other PA plugins
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

SHall1000
KVRist
360 posts since 13 May, 2015

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:30 am

I’ve mentioned this elsewhere but it is now a year since Softube released a new module for Modular. Would be nice to know if they intend to or consider this a complete product now.

shonky
KVRian
959 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:34 am

SHall1000 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:30 am
I’ve mentioned this elsewhere but it is now a year since Softube released a new module for Modular. Would be nice to know if they intend to or consider this a complete product now.
Considering you can buy Voltage Modular Core on its seemingly neverending sales, or the Toybox synth bundle for the cost of certain Softube modules, there seems to be more competion than when they started. The sound quality may be better, but I don't have the original modules to judge, but given that there's more to modular generally than just analog synths, not sure authenticity is always key to market share.

UnbalancedBeats
KVRist
435 posts since 6 Jun, 2008 from Spain

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:36 am

SHall1000 wrote:
Missing new releases for Modular, but to be honest, i have plently of fun with the current modules.

UnbalancedBeats
KVRist
435 posts since 6 Jun, 2008 from Spain

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:39 am

shonky wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:34 am
SHall1000 wrote:
Considering you can buy Voltage Modular Core on its seemingly neverending sales, or the Toybox synth bundle for the cost of certain Softube modules, there seems to be more competion than when they started. The sound quality may be better, but I don't have the original modules to judge, but given that there's more to modular generally than just analog synths, not sure authenticity is always key to market share.
IMHO, Modular, VM and Reaktor are different beasts somehow , each one has its own strenths and complements each other very well, would not consider them competitors rathen than complementary plugins.

scarlettsroom
KVRer
28 posts since 29 Feb, 2020 from Madrid

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:56 am

Uncle E wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:35 pm
Softube is announcing something big tomorrow. I’m really into the sound of analog consoles and this is the first plugin that makes me feel like I can put all that behind me.
Sorry to ask. But I do not understand... The livestream seems more like a standard stream with the Softube people to promote them in the current situation. It does not mention anything about a new product. Why would not mention something like this?

Thanks!

ChamomileShark
KVRAF
1783 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:25 am

thanks for the replies of PA vs Softtube. Unfortunately I'd been put off by the gobbler thing and so hadn't tried any. Now I see the gobbler thing is no longer involved so I started thinking about them again. The Oto Biscuit thing looked interesting but I'll need to wait for a sale.

WatchTheGuitar
KVRian
1076 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:04 am

Looked into Softube Volume 4. While not as crazily priced as Eventide's Anthology, even though I own a few Softube products courtesy of an old Focusrite interface none of them get counted towards the discount (fair enough) and only Parallels seems to, that brings the €799 down to €599 and then another 30% off with the current deal code brings it down to €419 which is too rich for my blood right now. I'd think differently if I was crying out for a drum machine, a modular, a bit crusher etc, but I've got at least one if not a half dozen of pretty much everything they produce already even if it isn't the topmost quality my old ears probably couldn't tell enough of a difference to make it worthwhile and that €419 represents a couple of months of hobby plugin money to me. YMMV

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”