Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

PAK wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:53 pm
electro wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:27 pm I understand Roland AIRA Boutiques were already discontinued, and AIRA itself may even be history. You can't find a TR-09 or D-05 for example.
Boutiques are all limited edition runs. Once sold out, unless they do another run, that's all you get. The System AIRA (plug outs) is its own product series, but doesn't seem to be getting much attention now Roland have moved to their new platform.
What System 1/8 issues have been left unaddressed?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:56 pm What System 1/8 issues have been left unaddressed?
I've got a big one! My System-8 plugin no longer functions as a librarian for the hardware. No idea why but Roland Cloud support said it's a known issue but that no fix has been put in for this. Doesn't seem to happen to everyone. I get an error saying "Data File Invalid" whenever I try. Super f*cking annoying. I've got it connected via Windows 10 on USB, with version 1.3 of the S8 firmware and the latest version of the plugin. The other Plug-Outs work.

electro wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:52 pm
PAK wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:53 pm Each plugin needs to be authorised every 7 days. The problem is, when you authorise one it doesn't authorise all, and plugins don't ask to be authorised until you open them. So you might need to authorise different plugins 7 days a week based on your usage, and the more plugins you install the more likely that is to be true!

The same authorisation continues to be required for plugins you "own" (YOURS-4-LIFE etc).
Absolutely unacceptable IMO. Either dongle it or count me out.
I think this actually changed slightly recently. I was having the same issue in the past. I'd load one Plug-Out, they'd ask me to log in, I'd load another, it'd ask again. Then they just stopped authorizing entirely. It turns out that even though the version numbers hadn't changed, Roland updated the authorization methods behind the scenes.

So after deleting the old versions, now I just keep my Roland Cloud Manager running in the background and I haven't been asked to authorize at all since. You still have to authorize every 7 days, that part hasn't changed, but you no longer have to do it one plugin at a time it seems, and it's not even prompting me to do it all any longer. It just kind of happens behind the scenes now. So much better!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:55 pm I just keep my Roland Cloud Manager running in the background and I haven't been asked to authorize at all since. You still have to authorize every 7 days, that part hasn't changed, but you no longer have to do it one plugin at a time it seems, and it's not even prompting me to do it all any longer. It just kind of happens behind the scenes now. So much better!
Yeah, I think authorization is now performed by RCM. If youy login daily with RCM, the plug-ins remain authorized.
Fernando (FMR)

hi, roland support wrote that AFTER migrating i can change my email address and keep all my subscription and royal program, can anyone confirm?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

fmr wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:34 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:55 pm I just keep my Roland Cloud Manager running in the background and I haven't been asked to authorize at all since. You still have to authorize every 7 days, that part hasn't changed, but you no longer have to do it one plugin at a time it seems, and it's not even prompting me to do it all any longer. It just kind of happens behind the scenes now. So much better!
Yeah, I think authorization is now performed by RCM. If youy login daily with RCM, the plug-ins remain authorized.
Why didn't they do it that way from the start?! But it's good to know they've finally changed this. Eventually it got so annoying that I just nuked everything :D
Caine123 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:17 pm roland support wrote that AFTER migrating i can change my email address and keep all my subscription and royal program, can anyone confirm?
It should be ok. Especially if you have it in writing, in an email from them, I'd go ahead.. :)

thx, seems it worked but now i cannot log in with my new login in the Roland Cloud manager app and on the page are no new loyalty program details, i should be able to choose again 2 vsts to keep forever.... their page is broken, i also get 404 error a lot! different browsers tested. wtf is up with roland.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Works here. Signed in and all data are there.

PAK wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:53 pm Each plugin needs to be authorised every 7 days. The problem is, when you authorise one it doesn't authorise all, and plugins don't ask to be authorised until you open them. So you might need to authorise different plugins 7 days a week based on your usage, and the more plugins you install the more likely that is to be true!
Yeah I noticed this as I just came back to Cloud after being away from it for a bit. I don't like to keep my music Mac online and this is definitely a hassle.

fmr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:48 pm I'm tired of useless SRX expansions. I don't even bother installing them.
The "good" thing about the SRX emulations is that you at least get a sense of what they were truly about in the first place. Meaning - if you think of the prices those cards still fetch online ($150-200/pc), at least you can tell that those reaaallly aren't worth it at all. :D

I suppose there might be some "gems" in there, but for instance I lusted after a Platinum Trax SRX board for a long time...and boy what a waste of money that would've been. :lol:

The JX3P plug-in murders my CPU, anyone else? I've got a brand new 6-core MBP that should be able to cope with it just fine...

MrDuke wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:22 pm The JX3P plug-in murders my CPU, anyone else? I've got a brand new 6-core MBP that should be able to cope with it just fine...
Weird.. my 8 year old 3770K handles it on my PC, though all of the ACB modelled legacy stuff seems to be really hard on the CPU in general. Which exactly 6-core CPU does your MBP have?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I can’t wait until Roland decide to shut down the authorization server like NI... You can be almost certain Roland won’t be interactive about it as NI seems they might be doing...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:14 pm I can’t wait until Roland decide to shut down the authorization server like NI... You can be almost certain Roland won’t be interactive about it as NI seems they might be doing...
You're right. However, in some regards, it can be said Roland do offer a perpetual license.. you just have to buy their hardware dongle (keyboards and desktop synths) to obtain one. Whether AIRA (direct equivalent), Boutique (direct equivalent) or ZEN (Equivalent for things like the 5080, lower DSP "close" equivalent for the other emulations.. )

I've already decided I won't invest further into cloud (the JD800, JP8K, and especially VSynth might convince me, just to have the plugins ;) ) as eventually you might as well just get the desktop units or Jupiter X / Fantom for the money they're costing on an ongoing basis.. Also, for many of the synths, I find Diva not just an acceptable but a superior alternative..

MrDuke wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:21 pm
fmr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:48 pm I'm tired of useless SRX expansions. I don't even bother installing them.
The "good" thing about the SRX emulations is that you at least get a sense of what they were truly about in the first place. Meaning - if you think of the prices those cards still fetch online ($150-200/pc), at least you can tell that those reaaallly aren't worth it at all. :D

I suppose there might be some "gems" in there, but for instance I lusted after a Platinum Trax SRX board for a long time...and boy what a waste of money that would've been. :lol:
Haha, pretty much me and hardware in a nutshell. I love the character out of some gems out there, but the expense and workflow is just too much in comparison to just waiting for it to hit software. There's always that point when you lust over some stuff and then you actually get it and realize the demos and your imagination really inflated things :hihi:

But yeah. As far as Roland goes, I'm only waiting on the JD800 and V-Synth/VP9000 at this point. After that, I'm pretty much settled for life on Roland stuff. u-he Diva already handles classic analog better than anyone ever will, so it's just some choice digital gear that I'm pining for. Hopefully it's not too late for companies to jump on the early early 2k trend we're on and we'll some some Novation Supernovas, WaldorfQs, and other 90s plugins coming out as well.

Return to “Instruments”