Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
2195 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:06 am

dyte wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:01 am
Price reduction and some free stuff from Ableton

We’ve reduced the price on all editions of Live by 30%. This offer includes new licenses as well as upgrades. Log in to see your available upgrades.

In collaboration with Max for Cats and Sonic Bloom, we’ve made the Stray Cats Collection, a free Pack of Max for Live devices. (Note: this Pack requires Max for Live, which is included in Live Suite or available for purchase for Live Standard.)

Our book, Making Music: 74 Creative Strategies for Electronic Music Producers, is temporarily free to download in .pdf, .mobi, and .epub format.

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/ideas-o ... music-home
Thanks a lot for sharing this. I was interested in the book and never had access to the hard copy because of shipping restrictions. I have it on Kindle, but nothing beats having a pdf copy. :tu:
Never imagined we would get to play with toys in adulthood. :)

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
2195 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:14 am

Not a deal, but FabFilter is back with a 3-part series on mixing - with Dan Worrall, of course. :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spaqBr-cCFw
Never imagined we would get to play with toys in adulthood. :)

Sciurus
KVRist
99 posts since 4 Aug, 2019

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:50 pm

TDR Kotelnikov GE and Limiter 6 GE are 50% off at Audio Deluxe. Has this been advertised?

kidslow
KVRist
174 posts since 26 Aug, 2019

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:16 pm

autodafe wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:37 am
UnbalancedBeats wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:19 am
Still not working properly, cannot complete the order. Opened a support ticket
same issues here, clicking "proceed to checkout" has no effect, always gets back to the cart page...
Similar issues. Completed the order, like all the way through Paypal approve payment. But then when I try to access any videos, it shows my account is in Demo status. No record anywhere of the Paypal payment, not in ask.audio and not in paypal. Like they just discarded the payment request into dev null. Life is too short to fight through an obviously broken website. Am I going to have to deal with those problems every time I try to login? No thanks.

Edit: I think the reason why is that there are actually two different website backends involved here. There is the ask.audio site and then the academy takes you to a different site using a session ID and they clearly have problems with the handoff between the two underlying sites. That's why you can be logged into ask.audio and not logged into ask.audio/academy.

autodafe
KVRian
1458 posts since 17 Jul, 2001 from Milan, Italy

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:39 pm

the Making Music: 74 Creative Strategies for Electronic Music Producers is such a wonderful resource.... I bought it on my Kindle 2-3 years ago and I was just re-reading just before the actual shit started. Highly recommended to make full use of your "music" time and ideas

revvy
KVRian
1042 posts since 15 Feb, 2020

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:00 pm

autodafe wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:39 pm
the Making Music: 74 Creative Strategies for Electronic Music Producers is such a wonderful resource.... I bought it on my Kindle 2-3 years ago and I was just re-reading just before the actual shit started. Highly recommended to make full use of your "music" time and ideas
Just downloaded the pdf and had a quick skim, seems superb indeed.

No idea how to get the mobi version onto my Kindle though, will investigate.
no sig

autodafe
KVRian
1458 posts since 17 Jul, 2001 from Milan, Italy

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:48 pm

I believe it's just a matter of copy/paste using the USB connection to a PC or MAC, you can do it with PDFs as well but then it's just a PDF (no font scaling and so on...)

WatchTheGuitar
KVRian
1228 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 am

revvy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:00 pm
autodafe wrote:

There's a fantastic free application called Calibre that handles conversions and uploads of eBooks to Kindles
https://calibre-ebook.com/

revvy
KVRian

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:14 am

autodafe, WatchTheGuitar - many thanks, I'll USB it first and also look into that app for conversion.

:)
no sig

dyte
KVRist
84 posts since 7 Aug, 2006

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:33 am

revvy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:00 pm

As noted you can copy files via USB, alternatively you can email files to your kindle too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/email

hotmitts
KVRist
366 posts since 27 Nov, 2003 from UK, Brighton

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 am

There's a fantastic free application called Calibre that handles conversions and uploads of eBooks to Kindles
Yes that's indispensable (and that wasn't an easy word to spell I tell you)

Harry_HH
KVRAF
4149 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:14 am

autodafe wrote:
I’ve got Kindle Paperwhite, latest issue.
Very disappointed to the Kindle ability to to print stems/scores and play audio examples.
VERY PRIMITIVE!
Doesn’t matter to me, if the guilty one is the content publisher or the platform, but if the content is sold as a ”Kindle Paperwhite format”, it should work in that platform.

I don’t know, if this is the issue with the Making Music: 74 Creative Strategies for Electronic Music Producers, but after 3-4 disappointment, I have stopped ordering music training stuff, sheet music etc. stuff for my Kindle. :evil:

Insanelysane
KVRian
556 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:37 am

hotmitts wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 am

Yes that's indispensable (and that wasn't an easy word to spell I tell you)
Thats the one I was thinking about too, very useful to get the ebooks on Kindle

revvy
KVRian

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:37 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:14 am
autodafe wrote:
Very disappointed to the Kindle ability to to print stems/scores and play audio examples.
VERY PRIMITIVE!
Doesn’t matter to me, if the guilty one is the content publisher or the platform, but if the content is sold as a ”Kindle Paperwhite format”, it should work in that platform.

I don’t know, if this is the issue with the Making Music: 74 Creative Strategies for Electronic Music Producers, but after 3-4 disappointment, I have stopped ordering music training stuff, sheet music etc. stuff for my Kindle. :evil:
Yeah man, but I tell ya, it rocks for reading books.

Good for novels, that's it.
no sig

Harry_HH
KVRAF
4149 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:57 am

revvy wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:37 am
Harry_HH wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:14 am
autodafe wrote:
VERY PRIMITIVE!

Yeah man, but I tell ya, it rocks for reading books.

Good for novels, that's it.
True, but a modern reading platform should be able to handle multimedia - even plain pictures (such as the printed scores are), are difficult to handle for this platform.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”