Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
trusampler
KVRian
1113 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:09 am

:tu: Yes more Presets please
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Powercore Pcie
Sequential Prophet DSI Rev2 61/Virus B Poco/Akai MPC Touch/Korg Wavestate/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

iNSANiTi
KVRer
2 posts since 27 Feb, 2010

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:44 pm

Could one explain a bit more how to sample wavetables? i read Adam's tut a few times but still it isn't fully clear to me.

Best thing would be a video so i can replicate the process for all the wavetables (not sure if i have enough time depends how long it takes to finish one)

Cheers.

adamtrance
KVRian
835 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:26 am

Syngularity wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:01 am
I do not want to sound like a cheerleader. But I'm very very glad, that I decided to update this time. Just testing the soundbanks in Cubase. Got goosebumps, because I have the impression that this is a milestone since its release. VERY cpu friendly, depending on number of voices! After more than two years I will start to produce with Viper as my main synth, without worries about the performance. Going to enjoy all the old and new presets again, and make some nks files. Thank you, Adam!
One suggestion: Would it be possible to add a scale option to the arpeggiator? The randomizing is brilliant, I could imagine that it would be amazing, when the results would sound instantly in key.
Thanks, I am glad you like it! I am not sure I understand your suggestion, would you care to elaborate? You mean when one randomizes the arp, the arp velocities are only randomized within a certain scale and not totally random?

iNSANiTi wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:44 pm
Could one explain a bit more how to sample wavetables? i read Adam's tut a few times but still it isn't fully clear to me.

Best thing would be a video so i can replicate the process for all the wavetables (not sure if i have enough time depends how long it takes to finish one)

Cheers.
I am not sure how else I could explain it better than I already did. Whats is not clear? You have to make sure that you add a little low frequency back so the DC filter in the Virus is reversed (so a saw wave looks straight and not bent on low keys), then make sure the oscillator restarts its phase, then make sure a single cycle wave is close to 2048 samples long. These are the most important things.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

iNSANiTi
KVRer
2 posts since 27 Feb, 2010

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:43 am

I don't understand how to sample the wavetables at all.
Just hit the F# key? and then manually cut it to be 2048 samples long?
Do i need to sample each position from that wavetable? then i also have to eq and cut every sample.

Not sure how many positions there are but if there are like 64 or more it is quite time consuming (which i dont't mind)
Then i also have to put the samples in the right order back in Serum?
Are there any additional steps necessary to create the wavetable in Serum correctly?

If one can make an example how to proceed i can replicate it and check if the result are (almost) the same. It's possible that there could be minor difference in EQ setting which may lead to very small differences right?

Maybe a more smarter/skilled person would fit the job better, but i certainly want to try :)

User avatar
Syngularity
KVRer
23 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Minden, Germany

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:06 am

adamtrance wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:26 am
Syngularity wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:01 am
I do not want to sound like a cheerleader. But I'm very very glad, that I decided to update this time. Just testing the soundbanks in Cubase. Got goosebumps, because I have the impression that this is a milestone since its release. VERY cpu friendly, depending on number of voices! After more than two years I will start to produce with Viper as my main synth, without worries about the performance. Going to enjoy all the old and new presets again, and make some nks files. Thank you, Adam!
One suggestion: Would it be possible to add a scale option to the arpeggiator? The randomizing is brilliant, I could imagine that it would be amazing, when the results would sound instantly in key.
Thanks, I am glad you like it! I am not sure I understand your suggestion, would you care to elaborate? You mean when one randomizes the arp, the arp velocities are only randomized within a certain scale and not totally random?
Yes, ability for a velocity range would be cool too. But I referred to a specific harmonic scale option, instead of tuning notes manually after randomizing. I've just found a cool workaround for the moment via the Midi out option of the ROLI Studio plugin - with its smart chords and the 3 layer arpeggiator you can create dope patterns with Viper presets (Viper's arp turned off for that). But the Viper patterns are still a great starting point, and I definitely like the effortless arp programming in Viper. I will go on further testing the new performance qualities a bit more in Bitwig instead of Cubase, and test Bitwig's rich modulation capabilities.

AdvancedFollower
KVRian
631 posts since 8 May, 2018 from Sweden

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:22 am

There seems to be a bug in 1.0.6 in Studio One, where it doesn't recall the waveforms correctly with the project.

I loaded an Init patch and selected some random waveforms:
Image

Then I saved, closed and re-opened the project and it looks like this:
Image
The text under the waveform is different, and the actual waveform sounds and looks like a Sine...

Patches loaded via the built-in patch menu work fine, but if I close and re-open the project they too revert to Sine waves.

adamtrance
KVRian
835 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:10 am

Ok thank you, I will take a look. Does it only happen with Studio One or other DAWs as well?
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

dottor
KVRer
24 posts since 25 Feb, 2008

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 am

I can confirm that it is same in other DAW:

Original
2020-04-20.jpg
After save and reopen DAW
2020-04-20 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eyezermusic
KVRer
27 posts since 4 Jul, 2018

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:38 am

Hey Adam I think I found a bug in 1.0.6. When the multisaw on osc 2 is enabled + global unison enabled, then osc 3 won't randomize the phase despite the phase in osc common being on free.

adamtrance
KVRian
835 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:35 pm

eyezermusic wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:38 am
Hey Adam I think I found a bug in 1.0.6. When the multisaw on osc 2 is enabled + global unison enabled, then osc 3 won't randomize the phase despite the phase in osc common being on free.
Thanks, you are right, I will fix it!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

trusampler
KVRian
1113 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm

Just curious when we can expect to see more Preset support in Viper, and will this be a paid upgrade?
I've always preferred the progressive rock, Rnb softer side of the Virus vs hardstyle, wobble type stuff. :) looking forward to seeing this synth get more sounds.
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Powercore Pcie
Sequential Prophet DSI Rev2 61/Virus B Poco/Akai MPC Touch/Korg Wavestate/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

adamtrance
KVRian
835 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:14 am

trusampler wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm
Just curious when we can expect to see more Preset support in Viper, and will this be a paid upgrade?
I've always preferred the progressive rock, Rnb softer side of the Virus vs hardstyle, wobble type stuff. :) looking forward to seeing this synth get more sounds.
Yes, there will be tons of soundbanks for Viper once my new website is complete. Any future update to Viper will be free, therefore new soudbanks will have be commercial, however that does not mean there wont be new free factory banks included in future updates. If anyone made any sounds they would like to include in future factory banks please send them my way and I will include them if the are good enough ;)
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

trusampler
KVRian
1113 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:53 am

That's amazing news Adam thanks!!! Can't wait!!
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Powercore Pcie
Sequential Prophet DSI Rev2 61/Virus B Poco/Akai MPC Touch/Korg Wavestate/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

plrdmus
KVRist
47 posts since 13 Aug, 2019

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Wed May 06, 2020 5:01 pm

AdvancedFollower wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:22 am
There seems to be a bug in 1.0.6 in Studio One, where it doesn't recall the waveforms correctly with the project.
Happens on FL Studio too!
Uhm... I guess that going back to 1.0.5 is a better choice at this moment.

adamtrance
KVRian
835 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.6 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

Post Wed May 06, 2020 10:32 pm

plrdmus wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:01 pm
Happens on FL Studio too!
Uhm... I guess that going back to 1.0.5 is a better choice at this moment.
It will be fixed in the next update
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Return to “Instruments”