Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

:tu: Yes more Presets please
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Could one explain a bit more how to sample wavetables? i read Adam's tut a few times but still it isn't fully clear to me.

Best thing would be a video so i can replicate the process for all the wavetables (not sure if i have enough time depends how long it takes to finish one)

Cheers.

Syngularity wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:01 pm I do not want to sound like a cheerleader. But I'm very very glad, that I decided to update this time. Just testing the soundbanks in Cubase. Got goosebumps, because I have the impression that this is a milestone since its release. VERY cpu friendly, depending on number of voices! After more than two years I will start to produce with Viper as my main synth, without worries about the performance. Going to enjoy all the old and new presets again, and make some nks files. Thank you, Adam!
One suggestion: Would it be possible to add a scale option to the arpeggiator? The randomizing is brilliant, I could imagine that it would be amazing, when the results would sound instantly in key.
Thanks, I am glad you like it! I am not sure I understand your suggestion, would you care to elaborate? You mean when one randomizes the arp, the arp velocities are only randomized within a certain scale and not totally random?

iNSANiTi wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:44 pm Could one explain a bit more how to sample wavetables? i read Adam's tut a few times but still it isn't fully clear to me.

Best thing would be a video so i can replicate the process for all the wavetables (not sure if i have enough time depends how long it takes to finish one)

Cheers.
I am not sure how else I could explain it better than I already did. Whats is not clear? You have to make sure that you add a little low frequency back so the DC filter in the Virus is reversed (so a saw wave looks straight and not bent on low keys), then make sure the oscillator restarts its phase, then make sure a single cycle wave is close to 2048 samples long. These are the most important things.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

I don't understand how to sample the wavetables at all.
Just hit the F# key? and then manually cut it to be 2048 samples long?
Do i need to sample each position from that wavetable? then i also have to eq and cut every sample.

Not sure how many positions there are but if there are like 64 or more it is quite time consuming (which i dont't mind)
Then i also have to put the samples in the right order back in Serum?
Are there any additional steps necessary to create the wavetable in Serum correctly?

If one can make an example how to proceed i can replicate it and check if the result are (almost) the same. It's possible that there could be minor difference in EQ setting which may lead to very small differences right?

Maybe a more smarter/skilled person would fit the job better, but i certainly want to try :)

adamtrance wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:26 am
Syngularity wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:01 pm I do not want to sound like a cheerleader. But I'm very very glad, that I decided to update this time. Just testing the soundbanks in Cubase. Got goosebumps, because I have the impression that this is a milestone since its release. VERY cpu friendly, depending on number of voices! After more than two years I will start to produce with Viper as my main synth, without worries about the performance. Going to enjoy all the old and new presets again, and make some nks files. Thank you, Adam!
One suggestion: Would it be possible to add a scale option to the arpeggiator? The randomizing is brilliant, I could imagine that it would be amazing, when the results would sound instantly in key.
Thanks, I am glad you like it! I am not sure I understand your suggestion, would you care to elaborate? You mean when one randomizes the arp, the arp velocities are only randomized within a certain scale and not totally random?
Yes, ability for a velocity range would be cool too. But I referred to a specific harmonic scale option, instead of tuning notes manually after randomizing. I've just found a cool workaround for the moment via the Midi out option of the ROLI Studio plugin - with its smart chords and the 3 layer arpeggiator you can create dope patterns with Viper presets (Viper's arp turned off for that). But the Viper patterns are still a great starting point, and I definitely like the effortless arp programming in Viper. I will go on further testing the new performance qualities a bit more in Bitwig instead of Cubase, and test Bitwig's rich modulation capabilities.

There seems to be a bug in 1.0.6 in Studio One, where it doesn't recall the waveforms correctly with the project.

I loaded an Init patch and selected some random waveforms:

Then I saved, closed and re-opened the project and it looks like this:
The text under the waveform is different, and the actual waveform sounds and looks like a Sine...

Patches loaded via the built-in patch menu work fine, but if I close and re-open the project they too revert to Sine waves.

Ok thank you, I will take a look. Does it only happen with Studio One or other DAWs as well?

I can confirm that it is same in other DAW:

Original
2020-04-20.jpg
After save and reopen DAW
2020-04-20 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey Adam I think I found a bug in 1.0.6. When the multisaw on osc 2 is enabled + global unison enabled, then osc 3 won't randomize the phase despite the phase in osc common being on free.

eyezermusic wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:38 pm Hey Adam I think I found a bug in 1.0.6. When the multisaw on osc 2 is enabled + global unison enabled, then osc 3 won't randomize the phase despite the phase in osc common being on free.
Thanks, you are right, I will fix it!

Just curious when we can expect to see more Preset support in Viper, and will this be a paid upgrade?
I've always preferred the progressive rock, Rnb softer side of the Virus vs hardstyle, wobble type stuff. :) looking forward to seeing this synth get more sounds.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:57 pm Just curious when we can expect to see more Preset support in Viper, and will this be a paid upgrade?
I've always preferred the progressive rock, Rnb softer side of the Virus vs hardstyle, wobble type stuff. :) looking forward to seeing this synth get more sounds.
Yes, there will be tons of soundbanks for Viper once my new website is complete. Any future update to Viper will be free, therefore new soudbanks will have be commercial, however that does not mean there wont be new free factory banks included in future updates. If anyone made any sounds they would like to include in future factory banks please send them my way and I will include them if the are good enough ;)

That's amazing news Adam thanks!!! Can't wait!!
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:22 am There seems to be a bug in 1.0.6 in Studio One, where it doesn't recall the waveforms correctly with the project.
Happens on FL Studio too!
Uhm... I guess that going back to 1.0.5 is a better choice at this moment.

plrdmus wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:01 am Happens on FL Studio too!
Uhm... I guess that going back to 1.0.5 is a better choice at this moment.
It will be fixed in the next update

Return to “Instruments”