Omnisphere 2 slow interface

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 2

For them to fix issues they have to be able to replicate it. Maybe they can't replicate the slow and clunky. I know I can't.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:07 pm For them to fix issues they have to be able to replicate it. Maybe they can't replicate the slow and clunky. I know I can't.
rsp
Seems like a number of users experience this. Lucky for you that you dont. Still, its a dated plugin that needs lots of love

^ What did the devs say when you wrote to them about it? They were good to me the one time I contacted them.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Ive written to them about a number of issues, in which none of those issues were resolved, as they were things that had to be updated, and......no updates. Nice guys, not disputing that.

OK. I wrote to them about a similar thing couple of years ago on Mac but it got resolved. Let's hope you get some luck.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Hey guys i recently use a lot of the mod envelopes and i have no probs with omni2 so far but moving the curves etc in the editor is do laggy,.... ca anyone confirm?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:11 am Hey guys i recently use a lot of the mod envelopes and i have no probs with omni2 so far but moving the curves etc in the editor is do laggy,.... ca anyone confirm?
Its got a very slight lag here, feels like about 0.25 seconds behind me dragging. Are you getting significantly more than that? (Current version of Omni Win 10 Pro).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:55 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:11 am Hey guys i recently use a lot of the mod envelopes and i have no probs with omni2 so far but moving the curves etc in the editor is do laggy,.... ca anyone confirm?
Its got a very slight lag here, feels like about 0.25 seconds behind me dragging. Are you getting significantly more than that? (Current version of Omni Win 10 Pro).
Thx. Afaik it was always like that but i didnt use it much and recently i learned a lot about modulating haha. Yeah it feels like 10fps or something..... newest windows 10 pro version.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Wish there was a solution to this
Last edited by TS-12 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

revvy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:26 am OK. I wrote to them about a similar thing couple of years ago on Mac but it got resolved. Let's hope you get some luck.
Can you share the solution with us please ?
Strange that spectrasonics find the solution for some people and not for others

DizzlerMusic wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:58 am Omnisphere is sooo slow on my machine aswell, i had a 3570k for years and i thought its just too slow since it always spiked when changing stuff in Omnisphere, i upgraded to a 12 core 3900x and im still having the same issues. In Fl Studio there is a FPS counter and whenever i move a knob it drops fps (not many but around 5-10) , but when im moving points in the envelope window it drops to 5 fps all the time. I tested Serum and it never drops even a single FPS, no lag whatsoever.I contacted Spectrasonics when 2.5 came out after i noticed the lags, send them multiple videos, and .... they never fixed it. I tried to go back to 2.3.2h because that version was soooo smoth but it was already too late since alot of patches were corrupted. So yeah ,the 2.5 update killed my omnisphere and now im not even using it anymore because its so frustrating,and the sad part i paid like 1000$(?) for it(omnisphere+trillian+keyscape) lol
On spectrasonics website they only have the latest installers, where can I find 2.3.2h ?
And will it work with newer patch and soudnsource library ?

TS-12 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:00 am
revvy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:26 am OK. I wrote to them about a similar thing couple of years ago on Mac but it got resolved. Let's hope you get some luck.
"Strange that spectrasonics find the solution for some people and not for others".

Sorry, what?

revvy wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:06 am
"Strange that spectrasonics find the solution for some people and not for others".

Sorry, what?
What kind of solution did they provide for you that fixed the laggy-ness of omnisphere ?

TS-12 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:07 am

Sorry, what?
What kind of solution did they provide for you that fixed the laggy-ness of omnisphere ?
What are you implying with "for some people and not for others". You think I'm bullshitting or something?Just want to clarify before I spend any more time answering you.

revvy wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:10 am
TS-12 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:07 am

Sorry, what?
What are you implying with "for some people and not for others". You think I'm bullshitting or something?Just want to clarify before I spend any more time answering you.
It’s strange that many people still don’t have a solution from spectrasonics support about this issue, but others do. Are we experiencing same issues or maybe it’s something to do with our hardware setups ?
Or different support representatives

Return to “Instruments”