DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

KVRian
1071 posts since 27 Nov, 2006

Post Mon May 11, 2020 6:47 am

Well, that explains that, then! :)
moss wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:27 am
auricle wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:47 am
Hi Moss,

Bitwig 3.2 beta 5 and DrivenbyMoss 9.00 beta 5 with Push 2.

It seems with the PolySequencer, I can't alter the note values by holding the pad on the Push 2. It doesn't matter how long I hold the pad showing the note, the display does not show the note parameters and just deactivates the note when I release the pad.

It works as it should in normal Sequencer mode.
This feature is not available for Poly Sequencer.

KVRian
1071 posts since 27 Nov, 2006

Post Mon May 11, 2020 11:25 pm

Hi Moss,

I suggest you update the documentation: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... on-Push.md

Under

Sequencer Functions common to all sequencers (except Raindrop)

  • Long press a pad which contains a note to edit the parameters of the note.
Which gives the impression that this feature is available for all sequencers except the Raindrop.
moss wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:27 am
auricle wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:47 am
Hi Moss,

Bitwig 3.2 beta 5 and DrivenbyMoss 9.00 beta 5 with Push 2.

It seems with the PolySequencer, I can't alter the note values by holding the pad on the Push 2. It doesn't matter how long I hold the pad showing the note, the display does not show the note parameters and just deactivates the note when I release the pad.

It works as it should in normal Sequencer mode.
This feature is not available for Poly Sequencer.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2797 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Tue May 12, 2020 2:26 am

auricle wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:25 pm
Hi Moss,

I suggest you update the documentation: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... on-Push.md

Under

Sequencer Functions common to all sequencers (except Raindrop)

  • Long press a pad which contains a note to edit the parameters of the note.
Which gives the impression that this feature is available for all sequencers except the Raindrop.
moss wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:27 am
auricle wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:47 am
Hi Moss,

Bitwig 3.2 beta 5 and DrivenbyMoss 9.00 beta 5 with Push 2.

It seems with the PolySequencer, I can't alter the note values by holding the pad on the Push 2. It doesn't matter how long I hold the pad showing the note, the display does not show the note parameters and just deactivates the note when I release the pad.

It works as it should in normal Sequencer mode.
This feature is not available for Poly Sequencer.
Done.

KVRer
2 posts since 26 Jun, 2019

Post Fri May 15, 2020 8:42 am

SLiC wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:04 am
I just got hold of a new launchpad Pro MK3 - any plans for a Bitwig script for this? It seems like an ideal controller for Bitwig (and of course Live) for half the cost of a PUSH (and of course the dedicated hardware sequencer that made me go for it :wink: )
I second that. Although I haven't bought it yet, I have my eyes on it but the fact that I might not have a nice integration with BW is pushing me away.
Any plans for it Moss? :)

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2797 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Fri May 15, 2020 10:48 pm

amgc wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:42 am
SLiC wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:04 am
I just got hold of a new launchpad Pro MK3 - any plans for a Bitwig script for this? It seems like an ideal controller for Bitwig (and of course Live) for half the cost of a PUSH (and of course the dedicated hardware sequencer that made me go for it :wink: )
I second that. Although I haven't bought it yet, I have my eyes on it but the fact that I might not have a nice integration with BW is pushing me away.
Any plans for it Moss? :)
As I commented now several times, I hope to support it next month.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2797 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sat May 16, 2020 1:57 pm

Here is a rundown of the new features in 9.0 Beta 5:
https://youtu.be/VgNSy0GWx0w

KVRist
278 posts since 12 Jul, 2015

Post Sun May 17, 2020 2:25 am

Your last version of the script made me rethink about making groups of tracks to deactivate and then hideable . the hide deactivate tracks function you introduce is exactly what is needed to do that .
I experimented with shortcuts and i discovered that it was possible to select multiple tracks with a single shortcut to deactivate them simultaneously ! Then with two shortcut it's possible to deactive 2 arbitrary groups of tracks. And one tracks can have as many shortcut as you want it seems. Then for one track you can deactivate it for a group of tracks and activate it for one other group !!!!! It means that it's already possible to manage arbitrary hideable groups of tracks ! lol .Then i was thinking...should it be possible to have something like that in your script to have instead of shortcuts ,manageable groups of tracks to hide(deactivate) and show(activate) ? Sorry if it's absolutly not clear and i will make a video to show what i want to talk about . i just discovered that , then it's a little confused ! sorry ! And Big Thanks for all your great work !

KVRist
41 posts since 12 Jan, 2019 from Zwolle

Post Sun May 17, 2020 4:28 am

Hello,

The there a quick fix to export flexi setting without using bitwig in administrator mode (windows) ? Loading provides a file requestor, but export generates an "error writing file (access denied) if i'm not using bitwig in admin. mode.

KVRAF
7362 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Sun May 17, 2020 7:48 am

moss wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:48 pm
amgc wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:42 am
SLiC wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:04 am
I just got hold of a new launchpad Pro MK3 - any plans for a Bitwig script for this? It seems like an ideal controller for Bitwig (and of course Live) for half the cost of a PUSH (and of course the dedicated hardware sequencer that made me go for it :wink: )
I second that. Although I haven't bought it yet, I have my eyes on it but the fact that I might not have a nice integration with BW is pushing me away.
Any plans for it Moss? :)
As I commented now several times, I hope to support it next month.
Thanks Very Much :party: :tu:

Its a GREAT controller, I have been using it with Live 10.1 and its pretty seamless (although I can't get velocity applied to clip launch...I don't think Bitwig supports this anyway).

They just did a nice little update so you have an/off switch for the LEDs, that was pretty much my only complaint resolved....cant wait to see what you do with this in Bitwig, the poly after touch is wasted in Live!
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live, FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths, Drum Machines + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars & Basses

User avatar
Banned
3896 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Post Sun May 17, 2020 9:00 am

Stupid question! Is there support for launchpad mini mk3?

KVRist
278 posts since 12 Jul, 2015

Post Sun May 17, 2020 9:15 am

--

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2797 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun May 17, 2020 12:18 pm

dot.solenoid wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:28 am
Hello,

The there a quick fix to export flexi setting without using bitwig in administrator mode (windows) ? Loading provides a file requestor, but export generates an "error writing file (access denied) if i'm not using bitwig in admin. mode.
Could it be that you are trying to store the file in a folder which requires admin rights?

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2797 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun May 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:00 am
Stupid question! Is there support for launchpad mini mk3?
Yes.

KVRist
152 posts since 19 Aug, 2015 from Arizona

Post Sun May 17, 2020 8:56 pm

On Windows 10, Bitwig 3.1.3, your drivers version 8.98 I'm having problem scrolling through Presets after hitting Browser on the Push 1.

I thought it might be a pot failing me but when using that pot to change values in Volume or Pan the knob works as expected.

The behavior with Presets is that it scrolls through a few Presets and then hangs, jumps forward 4 to 8 Presets and no matter how carefully I try to turn the knob to pick a specific Preset it simply won't move just one line. I've tried this with a few synth Presets also and have gotten the same behavior.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2797 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Mon May 18, 2020 1:56 am

jwise wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:56 pm
On Windows 10, Bitwig 3.1.3, your drivers version 8.98 I'm having problem scrolling through Presets after hitting Browser on the Push 1.

I thought it might be a pot failing me but when using that pot to change values in Volume or Pan the knob works as expected.

The behavior with Presets is that it scrolls through a few Presets and then hangs, jumps forward 4 to 8 Presets and no matter how carefully I try to turn the knob to pick a specific Preset it simply won't move just one line. I've tried this with a few synth Presets also and have gotten the same behavior.
I can reproduce that but I am afraid I cannot fix that. The problem is that Bitwig attempts to load the presets, which causes the delay. Will ask if there is a solution.

Return to “Controller Scripting”