DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:18 pm
dot.solenoid wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:28 pm Hello,

The there a quick fix to export flexi setting without using bitwig in administrator mode (windows) ? Loading provides a file requestor, but export generates an "error writing file (access denied) if i'm not using bitwig in admin. mode.
Could it be that you are trying to store the file in a folder which requires admin rights?
If the export is located in C:\Program Files\Bitwig Studio default windows restrictions apply. My bitwig project are on another drive. Will try to locate the export files and change file permissions.

Hi,

Using a Roli DAW block to control bitwig using Flexi. Transport works fine, is there an option to bind bitwig (clip) commands/hotkey to flexi?

Example: "transpose octave up" or "transpose semitone up" on the "+" button on the roli DAW block ?

This is in response to Jurgen regarding Preset selection from the Push1

I see that with Polysynth the Preset selection process is perfect. The problem is with VSTs that are NOT Bitwig's. Thanks for asking about a solution.

Jurgen, I've used my Push 1 for a few years as a relatively simple recording controller for some years between Bitwig and my Eurorack mostly without any problems but this last few days I'm exploring using it with Bitwig as a controller and I'm wondering if other than the display on Push 2 is it worthwhile to upgrade and is Push 1 being left behind?

dot.solenoid wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:11 am Hi,

Using a Roli DAW block to control bitwig using Flexi. Transport works fine, is there an option to bind bitwig (clip) commands/hotkey to flexi?

Example: "transpose octave up" or "transpose semitone up" on the "+" button on the roli DAW block ?
Currently, not but I like the idea of triggering key commands. Will think about it.

jwise wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:10 pm This is in response to Jurgen regarding Preset selection from the Push1

I see that with Polysynth the Preset selection process is perfect. The problem is with VSTs that are NOT Bitwig's. Thanks for asking about a solution.
No, the problem is with plugins which take time to load, e.g. try Grid presets. I reported the problem but don't know if there is a quick fix.

jwise wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:53 am Jurgen, I've used my Push 1 for a few years as a relatively simple recording controller for some years between Bitwig and my Eurorack mostly without any problems but this last few days I'm exploring using it with Bitwig as a controller and I'm wondering if other than the display on Push 2 is it worthwhile to upgrade and is Push 1 being left behind?
I have no plans to abandon it.

Hi Moss,

Firstly, thank you so much for Driven By Moss! What an amazing body of work! I am very grateful. I do have a question though.

Is it possible to use Program Change to directly control devices, such as the Instrument Selector, while using the Generic Flexi script?

I have an Akai MPK61 MIDI controller that I am using with Bitwig. One of the features I use is the ability to send a Program Change message from the MIDI controller to a Track's device chain to control an Instrument Selector device.

If I choose the Bitwig Generic "MIDI Keyboard" script then the Program Change messages work to select the corresponding slot in the Instrument Selector. However if I switch to using DrivenByMoss Generic Flexi script then the Program Change messages no longer arrive at the Instrument Selector.

I know I can program a slot to receive a Program Change and cause a Function to occur, but this is not what I want to do, I just want the Program Change passed forward into the Device Chain so that I can control an Instrument Selector with it.

Thanks for your time
Sam

One thing I would really like to see implemented is a different type of auto coloring, one that works on individual clips. Like how it used to be in Reason (up until version 3 or so?, for sure it was in Reason 2.5).

In Reason clips used to automatically change color depending on the content. So if you added or removed a note or cc in a clip it would change to a different color.

I think it was some sort of checksum algorithm: the summation of the total note length/other info in a clip, and then a modulo with the number of colors (26 in Bitwig).

I always thought it was really useful to know a clip had changed in reference to neighbouring clips.

Is this at all possible?

Sam_K wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:08 am Hi Moss,

Firstly, thank you so much for Driven By Moss! What an amazing body of work! I am very grateful. I do have a question though.

Is it possible to use Program Change to directly control devices, such as the Instrument Selector, while using the Generic Flexi script?

I have an Akai MPK61 MIDI controller that I am using with Bitwig. One of the features I use is the ability to send a Program Change message from the MIDI controller to a Track's device chain to control an Instrument Selector device.

If I choose the Bitwig Generic "MIDI Keyboard" script then the Program Change messages work to select the corresponding slot in the Instrument Selector. However if I switch to using DrivenByMoss Generic Flexi script then the Program Change messages no longer arrive at the Instrument Selector.

I know I can program a slot to receive a Program Change and cause a Function to occur, but this is not what I want to do, I just want the Program Change passed forward into the Device Chain so that I can control an Instrument Selector with it.

Thanks for your time
Sam
I am afraid not. Currently, you can only map to MIDI CC.

foresense wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:14 pm One thing I would really like to see implemented is a different type of auto coloring, one that works on individual clips. Like how it used to be in Reason (up until version 3 or so?, for sure it was in Reason 2.5).

In Reason clips used to automatically change color depending on the content. So if you added or removed a note or cc in a clip it would change to a different color.

I think it was some sort of checksum algorithm: the summation of the total note length/other info in a clip, and then a modulo with the number of colors (26 in Bitwig).

I always thought it was really useful to know a clip had changed in reference to neighbouring clips.

Is this at all possible?
Yes, you could implement something like this. Monitor the notes, calc you algorithm, set the color.
But to be honest I do not really see the benefit.

Hi Moss,

Any chance that we could get more than 2 sends on the Launchkey Mini MK3?

moss wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:15 am Yes, you could implement something like this. Monitor the notes, calc you algorithm, set the color.
But to be honest I do not really see the benefit.
I'm probably the only one here, but I think it's very useful when arranging clips. To start with a bunch of copies and when you change stuff in them you can see in an instant which ones are modified. It's like you make a color coded map in the arranger, as the colors start to correspond with the changes, you sort of know what it will sound like before you play it.

I guess I got used to having it, and seeing that there's an autocolor in your extension, it made me think of that. I have a little coding skill in C and Python, but I fear Java is a lot to take in for one project. And I have no idea of the scope of this modification.

Anyway thanks for letting me know! I use Flexi all the time, very handy.

moss wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 am I am afraid not. Currently, you can only map to MIDI CC.
OK, thank you for the quick reply.

hi, ich glaub zwar das du deutsch sprichst, aber ich schreibe mal auf engl.

first of all: thank your for the amazing progress you have made with the script.

1. question: how is it possible to run the Apc40 along with other usb class complient controllers like the arturia spark (first version)
As soon as I connect the arturia spark controller to the host software (vst), the akai apc 40 freezes and looses connection, or my Midi In is not working anymore.

i coult buy a midi interface, but I dont know if the akai apc 40 will have issues with the midi interface as well.

2. I want to ask you if it is possible to create subdirectories for this thread, because it is really hard to find a related poast, that serves your question. currently there are 130 pages of discussion.

leo!

Return to “Controller Scripting”