Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:25 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:52 pm Quick and probably a silly question: How does one use MPE-enabled synths like Pigments? I think it needs an MPE-capable MIDI Controller Keyboard, right?
Ideally, but even without them you can use automation to affect MPE-connected attributes in your DAW if it understands MPE.
ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:38 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:52 pm Quick and probably a silly question: How does one use MPE-enabled synths like Pigments? I think it needs an MPE-capable MIDI Controller Keyboard, right?
That's the main point, yes. Being able to real-time perform things like per-note pitch etc.
You can do it manually after the fact but that's pretty tedious for per-note data.
And also, it's mostly about capturing more of your performance and being able to play things you couldn't otherwise.
You also need a MPE capable DAW like Bitwig so the data actually reaches the plugin :-)

We may wander a bit away from deals here - sorry ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
Good to know. Thanks for the information, guys. I appreciate it. :)

The conclusion for me is MPE is of no use right now.

Haha, I also apologize for asking this question here by the way. Hopefully I have ended this discussion. ;)

You can also pick up an iOS app. I haven't tried it, but the one that confirms its capability is Velocity Keyboard $9.99).

I believe there's more than this one too.

elxsound wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:14 pm
You can also pick up an iOS app. I haven't tried it, but the one that confirms its capability is Velocity Keyboard $9.99).

Thanks, but unfortunately, I am on Android. :(
No problem though, MPE looks quite advanced right now and I can wait until it becomes more accessible. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:16 pm

No problem though, MPE looks quite advanced right now and I can wait until it becomes more accessible. :)
You cannot run away from this! :lol:

https://humtools.com/pocketmidi-mpe-sur ... r-android/

Its actually not complex at all... Basically think of it as having an x/y pad mapped over every key.

Next, think of being able to extend pitch bend in a more controllable/precise method as you can slide up/down the keyboard range when/if needed (and doesn't have to be mapped for when you don't need it.

The rest should be familiar, with aftertouch, velocity and release.

The benefit is just having control of those things all at once while playing, but again... You don't have to have them all enabled at once, but just the features you need as you require them.

Blue Phase Music wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:46 am Oh, and I don't like some of the changes in Cubase 10.5.
I loved Cubase until version 7 happened, then it was like learning a new DAW. Steinberg has a long history of doing things like that.

elxsound wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Its actually not complex at all... Basically think of it as having an x/y pad mapped over every key.

Next, think of being able to extend pitch bend in a more controllable/precise method as you can slide up/down the keyboard range when/if needed (and doesn't have to be mapped for when you don't need it.

The benefit is just having control of those things all at once while playing, but again... You don't have to have them all enabled at once, but just the features you need as you require them.
Hmm. This sounds like it requires coordination. You have to use the keyboard and MPE at the same time? Not sure that will work for me. :lol:

elxsound wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Haha, you caught me! :lol:

That thing looks good. I have downloaded it, but I need to see if it will work with FL Studio and how much.

Thanks for the tips. :tu:

FWIW, there is a VFX Envelope Controller in FL Studio 20.7, which when used with VSTi plugin inside Patcher offers per note manipulation of many parameters. Just wondering now if that could be useful.

40% off all Tracktion Waveform, instruments, expansions, and upgrades:
https://www.jrrshop.com/tracktion?dir=asc&order=name
How long is this on Uncle E? Thanks in advance. :)
What ever!

Anyone ever bought something from Pixel Pro Audio?
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

is it just me or the Krotos' logo resembles certain depictions of the covid-19 pretty closely?
never mind, I'm just bored
it's Friday, right? I think so

Hey does SWAM ever do sales on its solo libraries?
Might as well mention that I'm willing to buy a second hand key if someone has one for sale.
thanks

They were on sale recently. 20% or something.

JRR shop has the BFD3 upgrade from BFD Eco at a really reasonable price. I would like to program realistic sounding jazz drums. I was thinking of buying the upgrade for that, but FXpansion has this whole abandonware vibe. BFD3 is close to 7 years old now! I am not sure this is such a good deal.

Are people still using BFD3 and happy with it?

BingBang wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:55 am JRR shop has the BFD3 upgrade from BFD Eco at a really reasonable price. I would like to program realistic sounding jazz drums. I was thinking of buying the upgrade for that, but FXpansion has this whole abandonware vibe. BFD3 is close to 7 years old now! I am not sure this is such a good deal.

A few months ago I cautioned a potential buyer against it. Last night I had a lot of fun with it. It's a complex plugin and not "plug and play".

I contacted their customer support once and they were quick and helpful.

FXpansion was bought by Roli (AFAIK) and since then BFD3 is not getting any love. But I haven't had any technical issues.

There's an eternal debate about whether Superior Drummer or BFD3 is better. However, I would've had to spend three times as much to get as many kits in SD as I have in BFD3 because there's just not a second hand market for SD.

But then, there's that ridiculous $50 fee to transfer stuff (and of course, ways around it).

I used to dislike Drumica and Addictive Drums and now I like them. I think it's a question of getting to learn each plugin and our willingness to work with them. We're accustomed to jumping from one plugin to the next hoping that's "the one" but that doesn't work.

monomox wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:32 pm
BingBang wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:55 am JRR shop has the BFD3 upgrade from BFD Eco at a really reasonable price. I would like to program realistic sounding jazz drums. I was thinking of buying the upgrade for that, but FXpansion has this whole abandonware vibe. BFD3 is close to 7 years old now! I am not sure this is such a good deal.

A few months ago I cautioned a potential buyer against it. Last night I had a lot of fun with it. It's a complex plugin and not "plug and play".

I contacted their customer support once and they were quick and helpful.

FXpansion was bought by Roli (AFAIK) and since then BFD3 is not getting any love. But I haven't had any technical issues.

There's an eternal debate about whether Superior Drummer or BFD3 is better. However, I would've had to spend three times as much to get as many kits in SD as I have in BFD3 because there's just not a second hand market for SD.

But then, there's that ridiculous $50 fee to transfer stuff (and of course, ways around it).

I used to dislike Drumica and Addictive Drums and now I like them. I think it's a question of getting to learn each plugin and our willingness to work with them. We're accustomed to jumping from one plugin to the next hoping that's "the one" but that doesn't work.
Thanks! Do you have to understand how to mix real drums to get good results with BFD3?? The amount of control within the plugin seems intimidating.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”