Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:01 am God, you people drive me crazy.

Listen to this and stfu already. There is no comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwYuykUfyA
WE KNOW! EVERYBODY KNOWS!
Except you, which made a comparison with a different Oberheim.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:58 am would a poll change your mind?
+1 for another poll on these synth emulations :tu:

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 am
TheMaestro wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:57 am But I also listened to a HARDWARE OB-Xa. Why did you completely gloss over that part?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. My decision is made and that's all that matters to me. I'm not getting Arturia's version. With resonance cranked up it sounds like crap and nobody can make me think it doesn't.
Because you're back-peddling and saying that now, not in your original post/comparison.
You haven't even tried the Arturia OB-Xa ffs.
You're disconnected or confused with everything in a strange way, and it really makes no point even replying to you with facts or reason.
I don't need to demo something myself. If I don't like the way something sounds to begin with, there is no point in demoing it. I don't have that kind of time to waste.
LOL. Of course you have. No one believes otherwise.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:13 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:01 am God, you people drive me crazy.

Listen to this and stfu already. There is no comparison.

A famous German soccer player once said:
Working in Milano or Madrid, who cares as long it's in Italy.

Can any beta tester ( if he's allowed) try to replicate the sound which can be hear here at 7:50? Would be interesting for me. Preferrably without additional fx and eq'ing, of course.

Edit: Oh, and maybe the one at 8:17 as well. :)
Last edited by chk071 on Sat May 23, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMaestro wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 am
TheMaestro wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:57 am But I also listened to a HARDWARE OB-Xa. Why did you completely gloss over that part?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. My decision is made and that's all that matters to me. I'm not getting Arturia's version. With resonance cranked up it sounds like crap and nobody can make me think it doesn't.
Because you're back-peddling and saying that now, not in your original post/comparison.
You haven't even tried the Arturia OB-Xa ffs.
You're disconnected or confused with everything in a strange way, and it really makes no point even replying to you with facts or reason.
I don't need to demo something myself. If I don't like the way something sounds to begin with, there is no point in demoing it. I don't have that kind of time to waste.
LOL. Of course you have. No one believes otherwise.
Blah, blah, blah.

Have a nice day.

I like the polite and reasonable discussion in this thread!

You'r right.
Its getting a bit dull over here.

vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:58 am would a poll affect your mind?

ftfy :wink:

AnX wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:51 pm
vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:58 am would a poll affect your mind?

ftfy :wink:
too late for that :hihi:

chk071 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:17 am Can any beta tester ( if he's allowed) try to replicate the sound which can be hear here at 7:50? Would be interesting for me. Preferrably without additional fx and eq'ing, of course.

7.50 the acid type sound?

the other one is simple S+H, done that already

I'll have a dig tonight, but I've got a banging hangover, need to get out and get some air

totally doable tho :tu:

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 am [...]I don't have that kind of time to waste.
That time is reserved for the next 19011 posts. :hihi: :wink:

Also somewhat reminds me of this classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRj61dcvmuU
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Calenberger wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:15 am [...]
A famous German soccer player once said:
Working in Milano or Madrid, who cares as long it's in Italy.
And a famous Northern Irish soccer player once said:
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

I hope I don't wander too much into vurt's thread derailing comedy territory here. :wink:
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

AnX wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:54 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:17 am Can any beta tester ( if he's allowed) try to replicate the sound which can be hear here at 7:50? Would be interesting for me. Preferrably without additional fx and eq'ing, of course.

7.50 the acid type sound?
Yep, that one. :)

TheMaestro wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:13 am
:)
The guy who conducted the test is a bit of a lamer imo. Wagtunes was sucked in by bs good and proper.
Silly comparison from yet another influencer who didn't even try to hide his bias.

Having used the Arturia for a good few hours now I can say with honesty its a cracking Synth which is good news for those waiting for the Synapse version because I am sure that will also be a cracking Synth too.

Return to “Instruments”